New Ships vs Old Ships

amscene1

Also of note the new NCL class "Leonardo" is downsizing in size.

It is interesting that with this thread, people are associating "New=Large" and "Old=Smaller" since the trend of newer ships is that they are on the large spectrum.

Most of the comments are based on the size of the ship instead of the age of the ship.

For me, I prefer new ships no matter what the size. I've done older ships, refurbished ships, and new (a few months old) ships. Give me "new" 100% of the time.

I'm not nostalgic by any means.

It is interesting that with this thread, people are associating "New=Large" and "Old=Smaller" since the trend of newer ships is that they are on the large spectrum.

Most of the comments are based on the size of the ship instead of the age of the ship.

For me, I prefer new ships no matter what the size. I've done older ships, refurbished ships, and new (a few months old) ships. Give me "new" 100% of the time.

I'm not nostalgic by any means.

Maybe people are focussing on size, because OP included the term spoiled by bigger ships

We select a cruise based on itinerary & value.

Our preferred lines are Celebrity, NCL & Princess. We have enjoyed every cruise we have ever been on - some more than others... The largest ships we've been on were the Celebrity Eclipse, NCL Epic & Princess Regal (New). Some of our favorite cruises have been on the smaller intimate ships: NCL Jade - Eastern Med, Coral Princess - Panama Transcanal (Christmas/NY), NCL Spirit - Canary Islands & Morocco, Celebrity Constellation - Rome to Venice, Celebrity Constellation - Far East (Singapore RT) & we are excited for our next cruise on the NCL Jewel - TransPacific (Vancouver to Tokyo).

Cheers to All & Enjoy Your Time on ALL Your Cruises -- Von & John

In our favorites I forgot our Honeymoon & Johnny's first cruise...

NCL Wind - Hawaii & Fanning Island

Cheers -- Von & John :p

For my wife and I its all about ports and itinerary. I could really care less what ship its on. To date we have been on the Sun, Gem, Dawn, Jewel, Breakaway and Escape. Each ship and some great things to offer. The size of the forward mini suites on the Sun were great, love the pool deck on the Dawn etc......

My wife and I were married in the middle of a voyage on the Jewel, and since saying "I do" is the best decision I've ever made, you'd be safe to assume we've got a soft spot for the ship. That said, we will only sail the newer ships. I'm really looking forward to the newer ships that will be smaller for the different ports, but if it doesn't have a proper Haven, it's a no-go for us. Just my 2 cents.

Been on NCL, DCL, MSC mega ships. NCL's problem is crowd control and people flow on mega ships. Not enough public and pool space for people. Favorites are the oldest ship Spirit or a Jewel class.