Proposals

jbein60

Thinking of proposing to my girlfriend on the Escape next week. Anyone have any ideas??

The Manhattans Room is very romantic- especially on a night when they have the 3 piece band. We celebrated our anniversary there and I loved it- they brought us a cake and sang to us... the music and dancing just topped it off for us....whatever you choose congratulations to you both and enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the idea about the cubic zirconia fake ring is dumb, im sorry.

no girl wants to be given a fake ring and told the real one is at home. unless this guy is springing for a $10k+ ring, that's just odd. i wear my ring all the time when we travel. safest place is on your finger.

if you are going to Bermuda, i would climb to the top of Gibbs Hill Lighthouse and ask her there. The views are amazing. There are also some great views from Ft. Scaur.

I'm so excited for you & your fiance! :) Pay no mind to the folks who are telling you to run - they are married to the wrong people, unfortunately for them. ;)

One thing you MUST do is kiss under a Bermuda moongate - maybe even propose there! You can Google more info, but here is a moongate right at the Dockyard and this is what the sign says:

MOONGATE

Make a Wish

Couples who kiss under our moongates,

the wedding band-shaped arches found

throughout the island - will, according

to local legend, be assured a long and

happy life together. Walk through one of

our lovely limestone archways, make a

wish and look forward to a joyful and

prosperous future.

27255183927_3ae4c51649.jpg

If you are thinking about a public proposal, perhaps propose during an evening walk under the moongate. There will be people around, but the ship will be lit up and it will be pretty!

Congratulations & best wishes for a wonderful, happy life together! :)

PS No fake stand-in rings!! (Although I don't think you were considering that!)

So I'm actually getting married on the Escape on the 27th. I say go for it, especially if you're confident she's going to say yes. As others have said, talk to the cruise director ahead of time and they'll be sure to help you out.

That said, some things to consider

- would you want something public (in front of a ton of people) or private, like at dinner or in your stateroom.

- do you want to use an actual ring or a less expensive "stand-in" and get the real thing when you get back home

- is she going to want to call someone right after it happens? Might be better to do it while docked in Bermuda to take advantage of the wifi from places on the island if it's to expensive to call while at Sea.

Good luck! Be sure to post an update!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Congratulations & best wishes! :) I'm coming to your wedding, kinda! ;) LOL

the idea about the cubic zirconia fake ring is dumb, im sorry.

no girl wants to be given a fake ring and told the real one is at home. unless this guy is springing for a $10k+ ring, that's just odd. i wear my ring all the time when we travel. safest place is on your finger.

if you are going to Bermuda, i would climb to the top of Gibbs Hill Lighthouse and ask her there. The views are amazing. There are also some great views from Ft. Scaur.

Thank you for saying this. If my husband had proposed to me with a fake ring, I might have had to reconsider.

A ring isn't automatically going to get yanked off your finger because you are away from home.

if she's the type that would like a public show, you can always talk to the staff to try an organize something. they usually love to help wtih things like this! you could also arrange for ship photographer to capture the moment (at cost of course).

Love this idea!! :hearteyes:

Use a qvc diamonique stunt double as a ring. Since you probably can't hide it in the safe from her just where would you keep it secure?

So for the naysayers....of course you buy the stunt double in the same carat size and setting as the real thing...which you can leave at home until you return and yes she will...or at least she should understand and I'm not suggesting the stunt double be 3 carats and the real thing just 1 carat. As an added bonus the stunt double can be used on your honeymoon and all subsequent trips where it's better to leave fine jewelry at home.

But if you insist on using the real ring be advised your travel insurance won't cover it if lost or stolen.

Be sure to have regular insurance

Fwiw. The last thing I need to do is wear my expensive jewelry on a cruise

And yes I know every poster here will now say they wear the family jewels with no issue...for the past 30 years...ring has never left your finger..they'd have to cut it off etc etc

Still use a stunt double.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I travel with my Rolex all the time. I can't imagine wanting a fake ring as an engagement gift.

I'm so excited for you & your fiance! :) Pay no mind to the folks who are telling you to run - they are married to the wrong people, unfortunately for them. ;)

One thing you MUST do is kiss under a Bermuda moongate - maybe even propose there! You can Google more info, but here is a moongate right at the Dockyard and this is what the sign says:

MOONGATE

Make a Wish

Couples who kiss under our moongates,

the wedding band-shaped arches found

throughout the island - will, according

to local legend, be assured a long and

happy life together. Walk through one of

our lovely limestone archways, make a

wish and look forward to a joyful and

prosperous future.

27255183927_3ae4c51649.jpg

If you are thinking about a public proposal, perhaps propose during an evening walk under the moongate. There will be people around, but the ship will be lit up and it will be pretty!

Congratulations & best wishes for a wonderful, happy life together! :)

PS No fake stand-in rings!! (Although I don't think you were considering that!)

I forgot about this, this is a great option! I would just have to figure out how to get a picture! lol

Use a qvc diamonique stunt double as a ring. Since you probably can't hide it in the safe from her just where would you keep it secure?

So for the naysayers....of course you buy the stunt double in the same carat size and setting as the real thing...which you can leave at home until you return and yes she will...or at least she should understand and I'm not suggesting the stunt double be 3 carats and the real thing just 1 carat. As an added bonus the stunt double can be used on your honeymoon and all subsequent trips where it's better to leave fine jewelry at home.

But if you insist on using the real ring be advised your travel insurance won't cover it if lost or stolen.

Be sure to have regular insurance

Fwiw. The last thing I need to do is wear my expensive jewelry on a cruise

And yes I know every poster here will now say they wear the family jewels with no issue...for the past 30 years...ring has never left your finger..they'd have to cut it off etc etc

Still use a stunt double.

Sound like a real romantic idea if you are proposing in the middle of a Wal Mart.

Some folks obviously put a lot of stock into the ring....it really means nothing...do you love your partner? IF so, the ring is the least of it.

Good luck on your engagement, will be 29 years this Sept for me and my Bride....remember to be friends....it helps. :)

based on your signature we are on the same cruise....are you coming to the meet N greet? if so, I could be the complete stranger that manages to capture it on camera....

I believe we are coming to the M&G :)

Okay.... at first I was thinking do you really want to propose on a ship...blah blah...

But when the poster pointed out the Moongate well! that was inspired!! I would actually propose just before walking through before you are a 'couple' then do the make the wish thing and walk through. OMG I think that would be perfect.

(Do you really need a picture? Memories are more permanent without the snapshot....

From the Daily Telegraph:

our obsession with recording every detail of our happiest moments could be damaging our ability to remember them, according to new research. A study has shown that taking pictures rather than concentrating fully on the events in front of us prevents memories taking hold.

Dr Linda Henkel, from Fairfield University, Connecticut, described it as the "photo-taking impairment effect".

She said: "People so often whip out their cameras almost mindlessly to capture a moment, to the point that they are missing what is happening right in front of them.)

Some folks obviously put a lot of stock into the ring....it really means nothing...do you love your partner? IF so, the ring is the least of it.

Good luck on your engagement, will be 29 years this Sept for me and my Bride....remember to be friends....it helps. :)

Some put so much weight on it that they think it needs to be faked.

My husband proposed to me on the top deck of the Norway. It was just the two of us. We took pictures right after.it was nice that the actual proposal was just the two of us. Of course, I told everyone and their mother in the elevator and hallways afterwards! It was a good thing he brought a ring guard to make it more snug since the ring was a little too big...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

As i was reading the posts, it occurred to me that if you proposed on the island, you could always go back and visit and relive it on special anniversaries and such, but if you do it on the ship, it won't be quite the same to go back and visit in even 5 years.

I'm voting for somewhere on the island.

As i was reading the posts, it occurred to me that if you proposed on the island, you could always go back and visit and relive it on special anniversaries and such, but if you do it on the ship, it won't be quite the same to go back and visit in even 5 years.

I'm voting for somewhere on the island.

I thought the same! I vote island, too :)

Go to one of the more private beach locations and as you lay on the pink sand beach talk about how magical it is to be with her in this beautiful place and you can tell her you want to record this because she will mean something to you forever. While doing this you can dig your hands in the sand and pull out her ring from the sand and as she looks amazed that you just found a ring." Of course you will have just tucked it in the sand" you can propose to her. The moment and the emotion will belong to the two of you forever and while it may be recorded it is more important that it is always felt. Good luck and I hope you have a great marriage.

As someone that's been married for over 20 years, I remember my proposal to my wife well. I remember it like it was 43 years ago, when it was only 21.5 yrs ago. My suggestion for your proposal is for you to......

RUN!!!! Don't look back, run as fast as you can. If you have to run through a line of fire...DO IT!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

As someone that's been married for over 20 years, I remember my proposal to my wife well. I remember it like it was 43 years ago, when it was only 21.5 yrs ago. My suggestion for your proposal is for you to......

RUN!!!! Don't look back, run as fast as you can. If you have to run through a line of fire...DO IT!!!!

Wow, what a lucky girl. :eek: