Proposals

jbein60

As someone that's been married for over 20 years, I remember my proposal to my wife well. I remember it like it was 43 years ago, when it was only 21.5 yrs ago. My suggestion for your proposal is for you to......

RUN!!!! Don't look back, run as fast as you can. If you have to run through a line of fire...DO IT!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

You must be a joy to be married to.

Some folks obviously put a lot of stock into the ring....it really means nothing...do you love your partner? IF so, the ring is the least of it.

Good luck on your engagement, will be 29 years this Sept for me and my Bride....remember to be friends....it helps. :)

The ring IS the least of it, you are correct; however, to use a fake is just ... tacky. A ring is not necessary for a proposal!

I love the "If he proposes with a fake ring, I may have to reconsider" response. Because apparently, love can be measured by the size/cost of a ring. Screw all the happy times you had together, screw all the experiences you shared. Screw the actual love between you two. It's all about a fat ring, right?

Some people, ffs...

I love the "If he proposes with a fake ring, I may have to reconsider" response. Because apparently, love can be measured by the size/cost of a ring. Screw all the happy times you had together, screw all the experiences you shared. Screw the actual love between you two. It's all about a fat ring, right?

Some people, ffs...

not the point. if he has bought a ring, whether its tiny or huge, propose with that. the poster that suggested a fake ring seems to have some sort of paranoia about wearing jewelry away from home. i love my ring, even tho it was only about $1500. i wear it on vacation all the time and ive never been worried that someone would mug me for it.

Use a qvc diamonique stunt double as a ring. Since you probably can't hide it in the safe from her just where would you keep it secure?

So for the naysayers....of course you buy the stunt double in the same carat size and setting as the real thing...which you can leave at home until you return and yes she will...or at least she should understand and I'm not suggesting the stunt double be 3 carats and the real thing just 1 carat. As an added bonus the stunt double can be used on your honeymoon and all subsequent trips where it's better to leave fine jewelry at home.

But if you insist on using the real ring be advised your travel insurance won't cover it if lost or stolen.

Be sure to have regular insurance

Fwiw. The last thing I need to do is wear my expensive jewelry on a cruise

And yes I know every poster here will now say they wear the family jewels with no issue...for the past 30 years...ring has never left your finger..they'd have to cut it off etc etc

Still use a stunt double.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very sound advice!

I completely agree.

[emoji924]️ Cruisin Trkrs [emoji597]

Some people, ffs...

[emoji817][emoji818]️Agree!

And we've got 35, going on 36 amazing years of marriage.

[emoji924]️ Cruisin Trkrs [emoji597]

I travel with my Rolex all the time. I can't imagine wanting a fake ring as an engagement gift.

My Rolex stays in the bank vault at home when I travel. As do my diamonds

I do lots of snorkeling etc....stopped swimming with my Rolex around 1990

Some folks obviously put a lot of stock into the ring....it really means nothing...do you love your partner? IF so, the ring is the least of it.

Good luck on your engagement, will be 29 years this Sept for me and my Bride....remember to be friends....it helps. :)

Exactly. The ring isn't all that important. Of course the point people are making is that it will appear shallow to propose with a stunt double...but....as I posted....the real ring should be already purchased ...just so the bride doesn't think he was just covering his bases.

Btw...I could have gotten my rings reset many times over in elaborate settings for milestone events....but nope....I decided to buy 2 carat stunt doubles set in platinum clad settings....and...take the family on 2 massive Med cruises...among other incredible vacations.

I forgot about this, this is a great option! I would just have to figure out how to get a picture! lol

Here's a thought - go to your roll call (assuming GF isn't also on it) and see if anyone there would be willing to arrange to be there to take pics or video. That sounds like a lovely place to propose!

What isn't important to some people may be very important to other people. If a woman has a scene in her mind for when Prince Charming bends a knee that includes a sparking diamond, good for her.

Different stroke for different folks.

If someone on your roll call is willing to take pictures and it seems like someone already offered, I think that is a great memento for you and your future wife. The moongate is a perfect location, people line up there to get their photos taken so it won't seem strange to your girlfriend when you hand the camera to your roll call mate to photograph you. Then under the gate you can propose.

It sounds so sweet and lovely!

I once photographed a proposal for my coworker, there is a scenic outlook in my neighborhood and he brought his girlfriend there to propose, he told me when they were going to be there so I got there first and hid behind/read a big newspaper so she wouldn't see me. And photographed the proposal for them. Yes, memories last a lifetime but it is nice to have the pictures to show people who weren't there or your future kids or even display for yourselves. And it was super fun to do my secret mission!

Best of luck to you!

What isn't important to some people may be very important to other people. If a woman has a scene in her mind for when Prince Charming bends a knee that includes a sparking diamond, good for her.

Different stroke for different folks.

LOL...that should have read "sparkling" diamond. If it was "sparking" it could very well be a cheap fake ring.

All across the Bermuda, you could find ring like structure called Moon-gates. There is one right outside Calico-Jack on the Dockyard. Locals says that newly-weds when walk through these rings bring good luck upon themselves. You can read more about them here

https://landlopers.com/2013/08/01/moon-gate

Read the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone! We are officially engaged and I did it on land in Bermuda at the inlet. We kissed under the moon gate and went over there and it happened!

Thank you everyone! We are officially engaged and I did it on land in Bermuda at the inlet. We kissed under the moon gate and went over there and it happened!

Congrats on the engagement. By the way, can you tell me which moon gate you visited? I know there are some, but which ones did you visited and was it easy to go there? Thanks.

Best wishes to both of you, for a long, happy, and healthy future together!

GC

Congrats jbein60! I didn't realize we were on the same cruise! I would have congratulated you both in person!

I'm no travel agent, but is the honeymoon on the Bliss? ;););)

Congrats on the engagement. By the way, can you tell me which moon gate you visited? I know there are some, but which ones did you visited and was it easy to go there? Thanks.

We just visited the one in the Royal Naval Dockyard, I'm not sure where the others are. The one in the RND is right by the pirate ship bar.