Hotel in Miami and great place to eat

musicalianne

Looking for recommendations for a great place to stay that is maybe close enough to the Port of Miami that you can see the cruise ships. Is that possible? Don’t like cheap...I like a nice place...preferably with restaurants and a bar. Also, is there anywhere close by that you would recommend for dinner?

Thank you for the help; Cruise Critics always come through for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Musicallanne,

The last time I stayed in Miami to pick up a cruise ship O stayed at the Intercontinental Downtown, it is a lovely hotel and you can see some of the cruise ships berhed in the port. I am joining the Equinox in Miami for a cruise in Febuary and have just booked for the intercontinental again, it is really near the port and within walk distance of Bayside which has lots of nice restaurants and there are also restaurants just accross the road from the hotel. An excellent choice if joing a ship as only 5 mins taxi ride from the terminal building.

Hope that Helps

Gareth

Hi Musicallanne,

The last time I stayed in Miami to pick up a cruise ship O stayed at the Intercontinental Downtown, it is a lovely hotel and you can see some of the cruise ships berhed in the port. I am joining the Equinox in Miami for a cruise in Febuary and have just booked for the intercontinental again, it is really near the port and within walk distance of Bayside which has lots of nice restaurants and there are also restaurants just accross the road from the hotel. An excellent choice if joing a ship as only 5 mins taxi ride from the terminal building.

Hope that Helps

Gareth

Thank you! It does. We’re on the Equinox in January. Have a great cruise!

+1 on the Intercontinental - great view of the Port of Miami (if on the bay side). The restaurant at the hotel (Toro Toro) is quite good too. Other places to eat/shop at Bayfront Park. 10-minute taxi to the port.

Last October we stayed at the InterContinental for our cruise. When I made the reservation I asked for a bay side high floor room. When I arrived at check in I was told that I had been upgraded at no additional charge and that, "I think you'll like your room." I was given the top floor corner penthouse facing the port! The view was stunning and the accommodations spectacular! Once in a lifetime upgrade, I know, but my wife and I truly appreciated and enjoyed our stay!

There are many restaurants near the hotel, and the restaurants in the hotel are also excellent.

Edited by flyingv4me

Last October we stayed at the InterContinental for our cruise. When I made the reservation I asked for a bay side high floor room. When I arrived at check in I was told that I had been upgraded at no additional charge and that, "I think you'll like your room." I was given the top floor corner penthouse facing the port! The view was stunning and the accommodations spectacular! Once in a lifetime upgrade, I know, but my wife and I truly appreciated and enjoyed our stay!

There are many restaurants near the hotel, and the restaurants in the hotel are also excellent.

That’s a great surprise!! I know you enjoyed it!

We stayed at the YVE two summers ago and were not super impressed. Only one working elevator and even when the second was fixed waits were long for the elevator. However the location was good. Last summer we stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Brickell which had a bunch of restaurants within walking distance both right by the hotel and at Mary Brickell Village. If you want to get to Bayside to watch the ships sail away you just hopped on the free Metro Mover and it as less than 25 minutes there! They had a pool, free breakfast, and since we are Hilton Honors members we each got a coupon for free drinks, were able to check in on the app the day before and chose our room and we had free wi-fi. They also stored our bags because we got there extremely early and gave us a call as soon as our room was ready. It was less than $20 to uber over to the port the next day.

The Marriott Biscayne Bay is nice, you can also see the ships from the Miami Hilton downtown. Ask for a high floor facing the bay. As for a nice place to eat, check out Prohibition restaurant and Speakeasy. Try Prohibition Miami with no space.

An enthusiastic second for Trulucks for seafood The Intercontinental and Hampton Inn Brickell are our two go to hotels. If you want a view of the port, the IC is your pick.

Looking for recommendations for a great place to stay that is maybe close enough to the Port of Miami that you can see the cruise ships. Is that possible? Don’t like cheap...I like a nice place...preferably with restaurants and a bar. Also, is there anywhere close by that you would recommend for dinner?

Thank you for the help; Cruise Critics always come through for me!

Depending on the price you're looking at, we stay at the National in South Beach. It's a short cab from the hotel to the port. As to food, we're Gourmet & really like fine dining. There are several rest. around Lincoln Rd. You have nice rest. in the Fontainebleau hotel. A few miles north in Hollywood there's a favorite called GG's it's descended from an old Mob joint, but really has great food. The Diplomat hotel also in Hollywood has excellent rest. as well. We loved "Monkitail" in the Diplomat. Real high-end Asian food. I mean REALLY high-end, but really superb!

The Epic Miami is wonderful with a great view. It has a completely "Miami" vibe, amazing restaurants and bars . I always see someone famous in the elevator.

The Miami Marriott Marquis is across the street. More of a business vibe, but a great bar downstairs and some great restaurants. The IC has the view, but the other two have a better overall experience. If you do stay at the IC, next store is a great restaurant, El Gabbiano. Reservations are a must. Great Italian food.

The Epic Miami is wonderful with a great view. It has a completely "Miami" vibe, amazing restaurants and bars . I always see someone famous in the elevator.

The Miami Marriott Marquis is across the street. More of a business vibe, but a great bar downstairs and some great restaurants. The IC has the view, but the other two have a better overall experience. If you do stay at the IC, next store is a great restaurant, El Gabbiano. Reservations are a must. Great Italian food.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...