MDR Menu

Mr Sea Gull

If anyone is onboard now and has internet available is it possible please to post any MDR Menus. Just want to compare it to one posted from a charter cruise from the UK last week on the Silhouette. It seems that the regular offerings like New York Steak has changed to Irish Stew and Liver

Thank you, that's the menu I remember from my Eclipse cruise in December. If the current Silhouette menu is as I've seen with Irish stew and Liver I find that quite insulting as it's home cooking or pub grub hardly what you would expect from a modern luxury cruise line. If it's also a temporary change sailing out of the UK that is doubly insulting.

Thank you, that's the menu I remember from my Eclipse cruise in December. If the current Silhouette menu is as I've seen with Irish stew and Liver I find that quite insulting as it's home cooking or pub grub hardly what you would expect from a modern luxury cruise line. If it's also a temporary change sailing out of the UK that is doubly insulting.

I was the OP for the thread you are talking about, I hope someone who is on the Silhouette now posts some up to date menus. I agree it is insulting if the menus are ‘dumbed down’ because we are cruising from UK. What can we do though, we can choose another cruise line but there are always new cruisers who will fill the cabins so Celebrity don’t really care.

The current cruise is not a Charter and they have the same menu. This was posted on another thread by someone on a Celebrity Cruise to the Baltics

"Last night was the first time I saw the liver on the menu and thought we had hit rock bottom. I was disappointed to read that sausage is coming soon for a Modern Luxury dinner. We ended up at the pasta station in the OCV for dinners. I don’t think I’ll be coming back for a British Immersion cruise any time soon. If X brings this menu back to the Caribbean we’ll need to find something else to do in February."

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2639023

This is the link to the other thread regarding current food being served on Silhouette. There are several posts with reference to a charter cruise but then a cruiser on the current Baltic cruise confirms that it is the same menu now with Irish Stew, Liver and Sausages. New York Steak is no longer an option on the everyday menu.

I have just looked at the app for Reflection (silhouette is not on app yet)MDR menus for the next sailing.

The standards are as always - Salmon, Chicken and New York Steak. No sign of any liver or sausage on any of the 11 night menus, looked as normal to me.

Agree with the OP don't go by the menu on a charter cruise it is done at a price! and IMO most of the budget on the Bravo cruise operated by Cruiseco would have been spent on the entertainment. I am sure such as Katherine Jenkins, Alfie Bow and Julian Lloyd Webber to name a few didn't come cheaply!!!

I have just looked at the app for Reflection (silhouette is not on app yet)MDR menus for the next sailing.

The standards are as always - Salmon, Chicken and New York Steak. No sign of any liver or sausage on any of the 11 night menus, looked as normal to me.

Agree with the OP don't go by the menu on a charter cruise it is done at a price! and IMO most of the budget on the Bravo cruise operated by Cruiseco would have been spent on the entertainment. I am sure such as Katherine Jenkins, Alfie Bow and Julian Lloyd Webber to name a few didn't come cheaply!!!

It only seems to affect the Silhouette sailing out of Southampton and not just charters as confirmed by someone on this weeks normal Celebrity itinerary to the Baltics.

It only seems to affect the Silhouette sailing out of Southampton and not just charters as confirmed by someone on this weeks normal Celebrity itinerary to the Baltics.

Yes for at least the last 4 years cruises from Southampton we've spotted Chicken Tikka Masala, Irish Stew, and Liver and Onions mixed in with the other "classics" . IIRC one of these UK specials takes the place of one of the other classics each night. Steak, Salmon, Chicken still appear.

Yes for at least the last 4 years cruises from Southampton we've spotted Chicken Tikka Masala, Irish Stew, and Liver and Onions mixed in with the other "classics" . IIRC one of these UK specials takes the place of one of the other classics each night. Steak, Salmon, Chicken still appear.

Steak did not appear as a classic on the Bravo cruise, it was salmon, chicken and stew, liver, sausage etc as the third option.

Stew, Liver and Sausages are commonly considered budget meals in the UK. Are they really trying to sell themselves as a luxury line with these offerings.

Plus one. I'm Irish, and I'll be more than annoyed if I'm presented with "Irish stew" on Silhouette in July.