Dining package

Nebr.cruiser

We've just booked for a cruise on the Silhouette in November. Does Celebrity offer any kind of discounted specialty restaurant deal, such as 3 or 5 meals for a discounted price?

I can't find anything about that on the website, which, frankly, is a pain to use. Or maybe it is too early?

This is about the earliest we have ever booked a cruise!

We've just booked for a cruise on the Silhouette in November. Does Celebrity offer any kind of discounted specialty restaurant deal, such as 3 or 5 meals for a discounted price?

I can't find anything about that on the website, which, frankly, is a pain to use. Or maybe it is too early?

This is about the earliest we have ever booked a cruise!

We have been on cruises where such a package is offered once you are onboard.

Yes they offer dining packages. Log into your reservation and go to the Cruise Planner. You can find dining packafes, beverage packages, shore excursions , etc in the Cruise Planner.

I tried that; doesn't seem to be any dining packages, only beverage packages. It is over Thanksgiving--Nov. 18-30--so maybe that is why.

Hopefully something will show up or it will be offered on board. Their prices for specialty meals seem really high otherwise.

I tried that; doesn't seem to be any dining packages, only beverage packages. It is over Thanksgiving--Nov. 18-30--so maybe that is why.

Hopefully something will show up or it will be offered on board. Their prices for specialty meals seem really high otherwise.

We paid $45 p/p to dine in the Tuscan Grill two weeks ago. It was the only really good meal we ate that week. I consider $45 a steal for the quality we enjoyed and I would say it would easily have cost $130 to $150 in a decent restaurant on land.

As others have reported the dining packages are not normally offered on holiday sailings.

I agree the prices are on the high side and the packages are a good value but apparently there is a demand on holidays that keeps the prices up.

We are going on a cruise in late October/beginning November. We booked our 3 night dinning package about 2 months ago. It was a special deal that came up. I am travelling with DD, SIL and GD. I am elite, they are not. Only my SIL got the email about special deal of 20% off a number of packages so he booked for the family.

We paid $45 p/p to dine in the Tuscan Grill two weeks ago. It was the only really good meal we ate that week. I consider $45 a steal for the quality we enjoyed and I would say it would easily have cost $130 to $150 in a decent restaurant on land.

Yes but you also have to remember that 45$ is on top of the regular dining cost, so if the regular dinning is valued at 50$ that puts it at 95$ per person.:(

Yes but you also have to remember that 45$ is on top of the regular dining cost, so if the regular dinning is valued at 50$ that puts it at 95$ per person.:(

And $130 to $150 is obviously in a 5-star restaurant in a major metropolitan area. Here in western NC, I can get the same superb quality steak dinner in a very nice steak house for less than $50 pp (not including alcohol and plus tax & gratuity.) I will still go to a specialty restaurant for upgraded food, service and atmosphere but it is not a steal!

And $130 to $150 is obviously in a 5-star restaurant in a major metropolitan area. Here in western NC, I can get the same superb quality steak dinner in a very nice steak house for less than $50 pp (not including alcohol and plus tax & gratuity.) I will still go to a specialty restaurant for upgraded food, service and atmosphere but it is not a steal!

Top restaurants in Glasgow work out around £150 plus tips for two.

I don't think I've ever paid more than $20 for a top-notch steak dinner here in Nebraska, and it would probably be tough to find a restaurant that charges $50., except maybe for lobster. This would be plus tip.

The meals I have eaten in Specialty restaurants on ships are good, but not really any better than our average nice steak house here in Nebr. Granted, they will have some choices, especially fish dishes, that we normally don't have here, but since I don't really like fish anyway.....

Of course it is different in a large Metropolitan areas and for true gourmet food; so far I have not found that on a ship.

I don't think the regular dining cost is valued at $50 per person. That seems like a stretch.

Lol. I knew this would come up. No way the MDR meal is worth $50 unless you double the order for every course. For the quality I ate on the Summit recently, I wouldn't pay $25. The only items that were consistently good were the salads and the escargot. How many snails does it take to make a main course?

I live in a small town which has some excellent restaurants because it is a popular tourist destination. Our last meal in the best one cost DW and me a total of $150 with a modest glass of wine for each of us, tax and tip. As good as it was, I can't honestly say it was more enjoyable than the Tuscan Grille. I don't believe you can find the Tuscan quality or menu variety in most small towns in the hinterlands. It was worth every penny whatever the actual value of the MDR meal is. For that reason alone, I would think someone who doesn't have easy access to fine dining at home would jump at the chance to have it on a ship, economics aside.

Edited by BosoxI