What a stroke of luck!

ParrotRob

A few weeks ago we finally booked our first Alaska cruise for August of next year. I've always wanted a Vista Suite with a wraparound balcony for the Alaska cruise, and there was exactly one left for the voyage we wanted. It was on deck 5, and is by far the smallest of the Vista suites.

Today I logged on just out of curiosity to see if any other suites had opened up for this voyage and to my surprise, one opened up on deck 8! MUCH bigger suite with separate living/sleeping areas, same wraparound balcony and the same exact price. Better yet, a quick call landed us that suite with no hassle whatsoever. Score! Now only 400-something days to go!

The lesson here is always keep checking back if you don't get exactly what you want, more options might open up even 15 months out!

A few weeks ago we finally booked our first Alaska cruise for August of next year. I've always wanted a Vista Suite with a wraparound balcony for the Alaska cruise, and there was exactly one left for the voyage we wanted. It was on deck 5, and is by far the smallest of the Vista suites.

Today I logged on just out of curiosity to see if any other suites had opened up for this voyage and to my surprise, one opened up on deck 8! MUCH bigger suite with separate living/sleeping areas, same wraparound balcony and the same exact price. Better yet, a quick call landed us that suite with no hassle whatsoever. Score! Now only 400-something days to go!

The lesson here is always keep checking back if you don't get exactly what you want, more options might open up even 15 months out!

Great score!! Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with the checking back. I check every day on my booked cruise and two that I am looking for price drops. It takes me about 7 minute out of my day. I have scored a few great deals being diligent in checking as I have seen multiple drops over the years that last no longer than 24 hours.

Congratulations on your good fortune! Alaska is the best destination to take full advantage of that great wraparound balcony. Have a great cruise.