Short cruise on Marinar of the Seas

My girl is coming home!

I'm looking forward to it as well, I've read for years how so many of you in that area loved the ship. We definitely love the Voyager class. I just discovered while I'm on Enchantment for the first time We will be in Nassau with Mariner while she does her Miami cruises. I'll grab some pictures in about 102 days.

Wow, I need a pair of your binoculars to find one of those deals. Right now I'm not seeing any 3 day Mariners even close to that. :(

Off-season Caribbean 3-night on a ship the quality of Mariner?

I'd call less than $50/night an instant buy. No hesitation.

I'd call $50/night a great deal.

I'd call $60/night a good deal.

I'd call $70/night questionable.

However, I live 45 minutes or less from Port Canaveral where she'll start porting next year. I'm watching near daily and the low end is hovering at $76/night right now. I haven't booked any yet at that price, if that tells you what I'm thinking.

If I was packing my family and coming from somewhere else, I'd call $76/night an easy call. I can be more picky as close as I am.

I'm also not doing that for Majesty, which is a class of ship that I don't care for.

I'm watching the EN cruises for August and even the last 2 weeks of August are still priced at just over $300 pp. Although I have not been on the Mariner yet I am guessing it's a lot nicer than the EN

Also kind of strange that on a lot of sailings the OV cabins are more expensive than a balcony even without the c and a discount

Edited by molly361

Off-season Caribbean 3-night on a ship the quality of Mariner?

I thought it was supposed to be pretty spruced up after dry dock, no?

I'm about 45 minutes from PC as well. I've always done 7-night on RC, never a 3 night so I haven't really watched those prices until recently. As of now, I see no 3-nights on any ships whatsoever through 2020 at the $50 - $60 a night range. Not even on Carnival. Like I said, I need some of the binoculars other folks are using.

I was on the Mariner when it was new, and am booked on her in 2020. Can't wait with all the upgrades. I'm about and hour and a half from PC, which makes it even more inviting.

I love the Panhandle region of Florida, but won't move there due to being too far from the local ports. ;)

I enjoy being just 20 minutes from PC, though used to be just 5 minutes away (and just took a taxi from the house) when we lived 20 years on Merritt Island. :cool:

Though John is the one that can practically walk to the port. :D

Just don't go to Disney on Easter Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I went to Disney on Easter Sunday six years ago, with adult kids and grandkids who turned 1, 3, and 8 years old that week. There were so many people, extremely long lines for everything, and general chaos. Even without the factors of two of the grandkids being too young for Disney and fighting our way through the throngs of people from open to close with a double stroller the size of a Fiat, it was the worst theme park experience of my life. I haven’t been back since then, even though I have 7 one-day, multi-park tickets and live 90 minutes away. Don’t take a chance on ruining your vision of Disney with an Easter Sunday visit.

I booked a 4 night cruise on the Mariner a month or so ago for 4 adults and 3 kids and got it for $1880 for all of us!! Interior room

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope more than one.[emoji33]

I went to Disney on Easter Sunday six years ago, with adult kids and grandkids who turned 1, 3, and 8 years old that week. There were so many people, extremely long lines for everything, and general chaos. Even without the factors of two of the grandkids being too young for Disney and fighting our way through the throngs of people from open to close with a double stroller the size of a Fiat, it was the worst theme park experience of my life. I haven’t been back since then, even though I have 7 one-day, multi-park tickets and live 90 minutes away. Don’t take a chance on ruining your vision of Disney with an Easter Sunday visit.

Yes we won’t go on Easter. I am trying to decide what ticket to purchase. I’m not sure if we should do the hopper with the water parks.

Love your profile picture -- Bella is so cute although I liked the one of you and Laura from your photo-shoot.
Thanks, it's just temporary. Suggestion from fake service dog thread.

We sail Oasis next Sunday for 33rd anniversary. I'll probably try and get something good from that for a new avatar.

Yes we won’t go on Easter. I am trying to decide what ticket to purchase. I’m not sure if we should do the hopper with the water parks.

Was just there on Monday and Tuesday. I don't think the land of the mouse even HAS a slow day any longer. It was nuts!! Long, long lines and lots of crowding, could not see half of what we wanted to visit. Too crazy...put me back on a cruise. :o

Thanks, it's just temporary. Suggestion from fake service dog thread.

We sail Oasis next Sunday for 33rd anniversary. I'll probably try and get something good from that for a new avatar.

Happy anniversary John and Laura!! :D

I thought it was supposed to be pretty spruced up after dry dock, no?

I'm about 45 minutes from PC as well. I've always done 7-night on RC, never a 3 night so I haven't really watched those prices until recently. As of now, I see no 3-nights on any ships whatsoever through 2020 at the $50 - $60 a night range. Not even on Carnival. Like I said, I need some of the binoculars other folks are using.

I'm complimenting Mariner, not saying anything bad.

• 1 year later...

After a very, very hectic late summer/early fall season, I'm bringing this thread back from the dead to say that I'm FINALLY ready to join this OP and get back on this girl.

I haven't been out to sea in over 5 months, a lifetime when you cruise and live near a major port, and I hope my once favorite girl in the fleet is still my favorite.  She's been gone from home soooo long!

Edited by poncho1973