NO Mini bar after charge, so let’s add the towel charge to see if anyone misses that!

Seriously? Yes they're fine for beach towels to eliminate the need to pack towels as extra luggage on a flight. But you don't think the quality is poor?

On every RC cruise we've been on recently we've commented how bad the towels are - thin, frayed and stained - and how laughable it is that they charge $25. Why would anyone want to take one - you would need to be desparate?

Maybe the towel people don't like you. :D

The towels we have had, have been fine. No, not high end bath towels, but perfectly OK for beach and pool use.

And no false towel charges for us.

BTW, Gold card holders don't have to check out towels on many ships.

Oasis, Allure, Mariner, Majesty come to mind.

And I am aware that Oasis and Allure don't have Gold Cards

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We've been in suites on Allure, Harmony and Oasis. On Allure and Harmony they did not scan our card for towels. On Oasis they did scan our cards, back in April of this year. Not sure why but I didn't challenge them. It is easier to grab towels from the suite sundeck and not worry about it. We have not been charged, in any event.

On some cruises the stateroom attendants leave clean pool towels in our room, on some they don't, on some they do but only if we've already checked out towels from the pool deck and leave them in our room when they come to clean. It has not been consistent.

All this is easily avoided. Just go to the gym locker room and get the large towels there. No body checks towels there. Those towels on most ships are the old, beige beach towels. And I have never gotten a frayed or thin one.

What happens if you don't return your towels on the last night because you're using them after they closed the pool deck towel station?

I was thinking on taking them directly to guest services later that night ;p

Don't you realize the pools aren't open late anymore because of lifeguard staffing. [emoji6]

Don't you realize the pools aren't open late anymore because of lifeguard staffing. [emoji6]

There were hot tubs available late at night on both Freedom and Allure.

Exactly! The hot tubs are open till late every day! ;)

Celebrity must not be losing towels. We have never had to check towels in and out. It’s self-service, and if you need to take them to your room, the room attendant will get them when he/she cleans the room. Very convenient, and no hassle or incorrect charges.

Correct. And the towels on Celebrity are actually 'worth' stealing. Not that I condone it, just saying the quality is way nicer. I don't know that they're the same now, but 2 or so years ago they were a softer blue-grey color with the 'Celebrity X Cruises' along the edges. The same towel was on loungers in the adult area and in the self serve. I can't see anyone stealing the things on RC. I agree with the person who said he/she had gotten see through towels before as I have as well. Or frayed. Or stiff/scratchy. Plus....who saves the room in their luggage to take home beach towels?

Correct. And the towels on Celebrity are actually 'worth' stealing. Not that I condone it, just saying the quality is way nicer. I don't know that they're the same now, but 2 or so years ago they were a softer blue-grey color with the 'Celebrity X Cruises' along the edges. The same towel was on loungers in the adult area and in the self serve. I can't see anyone stealing the things on RC. I agree with the person who said he/she had gotten see through towels before as I have as well. Or frayed. Or stiff/scratchy. Plus....who saves the room in their luggage to take home beach towels?
Probably those folks that had 3 liters of booze in their rum runners. [emoji6]