** Live Review ** Oasis of the Seas June 10 - 17 2018

Loving the posts so far. Only another 120 days or so to our next cruise on Oasis. The item you had in windjammer on your first day (popover looking bread) looks very much like a Yorkshire pudding, and they are very nice indeed! Enjoy the cruise, and look forward to seeing & hearing more over the week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ooh wow! I had heard of Yorkshire pudding but figured it was an actual dish, not a bread. It was really good!! I hope you enjoy your time on Oasis [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From our hotel, about 10 min north of the airport, it was $51 total. Just make sure to enter the exact cruise terminal address (we looked it up from the port website beforehand), our uber driver had never been to the port before so we all would have been really lost.

Thanks for pointing out. Would you mind posting the address you used as we plan to take an Uber

Reminds me of the great times we have had on the Oasis class ships. Have a ball and enjoy! We have a cruise scheduled in a few weeks on the Adventure of the Seas- our first time in that category on Royal

Following.

Adventure parked next to us yesterday, we were on the top deck when they were coming into port. Really fun to see! Enjoy it!

I had to look it up, I'd talk your ear off given the opportunity. Sounds like a worthwhile vocation. I enjoy all reviews and will look forward to updates on Oasis. Enjoy!

It is really fascinating stuff! It’s a mix of empathy, psychology, and graphic design. Thanks for joining along [emoji1]

Hi all!

Tomorrow begins our great migration to Orlando to board Oasis of the Seas! I’m Haley, and my boyfriend Jason and I will be on our first Oasis class ship. We are perhaps a bit younger than the normal cruise crowd, at ages 26 and 27. Though technically “millennials” we’re pretty low key. Here’s us, by the way!

This is our second cruise together (our first on Independence in 2015), but we both have cruised a few other times before we met. My childhood spring breaks were often spent on cruises, and I have always love them. I just wish my parents had been savvy enough to signed me up for Crown and Anchor that young [emoji6] It’s so great to have met my boyfriend, who enjoys cruises just as much as I do!

Jason’s mom was extremely generous and bought the cruise as a gift to celebrate Jay graduating with his bachelors in finance. If you have questions about finance, he will chat with you as long as your ears allow it [emoji4] It is fun to be with someone who is so passionate about what they studied! I’m a UX Designer, if you’re interested.

Anyway, we are all packed up tonight and will be leaving San Diego to fly to Orlando tomorrow. We’re staying at a hotel around the airport, then Ubering to the port the next morning. As much as we have anticipated this cruise and I’ve done my fair share of checking out these forums, we have tried to still keep an element of surprise and wonder to the grandeur of this ship class! We’re sure we won’t be disappointed.

Thanks for reading and I hope you join us in our seven day Eastern Caribbean itinerary! [emoji267][emoji924]

I'm excited to follow you on your cruise! You seem fun and looks like a well deserved trip. Thanks for sharing your experience, for those of us on land :D

Lisa N.

Sorry for the late update today, the day went by so fast.

Today we woke up to Oasis backing into port in Nassau. It was really cool to see Atlantis from our side of the balcony.

8766adf72eca53b8d2847197e88c3c97.heic

We took Cruise Critic’s advice and went to Hilton Colonial Hotel. We ate in the WJ when everyone was trying to disembark.

63c9bbdf23da60ecbbd7b8c364e4f7d3.heic

The walk wasn’t too bad to the hotel. Reading how many dislike Nassau as a cruise stop, I feared the worst when people complained about the pushiness of the sales people, as I’ve heard they might shove things into your hand or follow you. We had no such experience, and though I can see why it’s not an overly desirable port to visit over and over, we still enjoyed it.

077abe2f24be4c0253baedec9d1081fe.heic

The walk wasn’t too bad to the Hilton, and we really enjoyed the hotel. Our attendant was really friendly and sweet. We ended up staying in a two person day bed all day, and it was great. With overcast skies it was really hot when the sun came out. The ocean was pretty cold, but the pool temperature was perfect. The cost also included $80 worth of food between the two of us, so it covered all but $5 of lunch and 2 drinks (including their auto-added gratuity).

b53d0c10ca3ec866719ca485bb2d39a1.heic

115472ce41e70e9d3276ca19a96682d4.heic

59339411d5b68a96db16322a6c7a7299.jpg

We came back to the ship around 1:15 pm, which was great since we were worried the sun was so intense we might burn, and we were hoping to beat the boarding rush. The boat left quite early, at 3 pm. Another afternoon nap was enjoyed before getting ready for formal night.

I think you’ll all enjoy my upcoming story about day 2, but for now it’s time for us to head to bed. Tomorrow is a day at sea! The ship is surprisingly shaky tonight, but I’m sure it will rock us right to sleep.

I left off with us returning to the ship and getting ready for formal night.

We both like getting dressed up. Jason received a nice suit as a Christmas gift, and he looked great. We planned on eating in the MDR for dinner, but decided to get some photos around the ship first. I was surprised how few photo stations there were on the royal promenade. We didn’t want backdrop photos, so there were very few spots to take photos.

After we went to Central Park, hoping there might be photo spots there. We were disappointed there were none, but we had a few other cruisers take our photos.

ce0d62e4b871a547235e2fdaecdd805e.heic

We walked through a greenery covered archway, and Jason said he had something to ask me... he started tearing up, telling me how much he loved being with me—and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!!! Of course I cried as well, and more importantly, said yes!!

We had a few guests taking photos and asked them to take a few of us, I mentioned he had just proposed and the women freaked out and did a sweet little photo shoot with us reenacting the moment!

5fba71bbda789db4d96f8345cd9b7613.heic

Next we giddily headed to the MDR for dinner. Like I mentioned, when we booked we got stuck with My Time Dining, and there were no reasonable dinner times available (8:45 pm dinner is practically our bed time!). It was extremely unfortunate that with over 4 stands checking in My Time Dining guests for dinner, they refused to check in those without reservations for over 20 minutes. We were literally at the front of the line and had to wait. It seemed really inefficient. Luckily we were still quite over the moon so it didn’t damper our mood.

Dinner was absolutely great! Here’s the menu:

2fb30058cf94c3b17881548c64be36a5.heic

We shared the shrimp cocktail, escargot, and French onion soup, both had the beef tenderloin which was delicious, and had the chocolate cake and creme brûlée. The chocolate cake was alright, but of course the creme brûlée was outstanding (I mean, what’s there not to like about crisped sugar and cream?!).

We had reservations for Cats at 9 pm, but felt like it was more special to celebrate. We decided to get some champagne on the Rising Tide bar, which was very enjoyable!

55997c5cf8e78f0a72f4951320b4a80c.heic

bc9380142c68fb1dc08d2f5144551f38.heic

Obviously, a very special night for us both and so perfect he proposed onboard, since we both love cruising! I see a honeymoon cruise in our future [emoji1]

It’s day 3 and time to get ready for dinner, I will try to get an update about our sea day more promptly!

It’s overcast and foggy this morning in San Diego, I hope the sun is shining in Orlando once we arrive.

Just now finding this review. Congratulations! What a great way to pop the question.

I had to quote your overcast, foggy, San Diego comment. We spent a week in San Diego a few years ago and the weather was overcast and dreary the whole time. San Diego is supposed to be one of the best weather cities in the US! The locals told us that kind of weather so common in early June that it's nicknamed June gloom. Guess they don't want to put that in their tourism info. :rolleyes: