Special cruise on EOS in August how will it impact regular cruisers

On my August 24, 2018 sailing on Explorer of the Seas, AAA is hosting a Rockin the Glacier cruise with oldies groups performing. There is a premium charge for this, some of us are wondering how it might impact our onboard itinerary. Has anyone cruised with this type of activities, and what was your experience? AAA information says they are supposed to have special dances and concerts during the cruise. I am sure because we have not booked through AAA we will not be a part of these activities but wondering if we may have limited activities because of this. TIA.

Various venues will be closed, meaning some “normal” activities may not be offered.

Based on your description I would expect Studio B or Star Lounge to be closed for special group events in the evening.

A few years ago we sailed with (but not part of) a large rock & roll cruise.

They had a few exclusive concerts for their group and I recall a cocktail party one evening by the pool. I don’t recall if other venues were closed. If they were, it likely did not interfere with general cruise activities. (I suspect I would have remembered if there were major inconveniences.)

A couple of the group members offered photo opportunities and signed promo pictures for anyone. We took a cute photo with Bouzer from Sha Na Na.

OP - I hope you have no issues.

M

Various venues will be closed, meaning some “normal” activities may not be offered.

Based on your description I would expect Studio B or Star Lounge to be closed for special group events in the evening.

Do you know this because of first hand experience or is it your opinion? Others have posted that nothing was different but your post sounds like regular events were cancelled. I’m on this cruise as well but not as part of the charter and will be upset if any regular events/shows are cancelled.

Was on an Oldies cruise that had around 750 - 1000 participants. They closed one of the main bars, and had one of the dining room times fully booked for their guests. They also used the main theatre during the day for their concerts.

Realistically, they were a fun group of individuals and they didn’t disturb the rest of the passengers. It was a tad crowded around the bar or Theatre when their concerts were on, but you could avoid that.

There was little impact to cruise excursions or embarking or disembarking.

The rock stars were all over the ship, although you would hardly recognize any of them. Shared a table with one of the stars, and he reminded me of my Dad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The rock stars were all over the ship, although you would hardly recognize any of them. Shared a table with one of the stars, and he reminded me of my Dad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am so happy you did not say GRAND DAD!

M

Sometimes, you will even be treated to a concert, available to all! Any other events will be held privately, and won't affect your good time. No worries!

Years back we were on a cruise that had Elvis Impersonates and their followers. There was a concert for all passengers by a group of Elvises or is it Elvi :D the first evening. And the performers stayed in costume most of the cruise and were gracious to anyone who wanted a photo.

M

Do you know this because of first hand experience or is it your opinion? Others have posted that nothing was different but your post sounds like regular events were cancelled. I’m on this cruise as well but not as part of the charter and will be upset if any regular events/shows are cancelled.

I was on Oasis last year with a small-ish group (200-ish people). Fat Cats was closed for whatever they had going on most nights, so no Jazz band except maybe one or two nights that cruise.

As far as for your cruise, I have no idea. Some partial charters will see zero effect, some you will see some changes. Just depends.

A few years ago we sailed with (but not part of) a large rock & roll cruise.

They had a few exclusive concerts for their group and I recall a cocktail party one evening by the pool. I don’t recall if other venues were closed. If they were, it likely did not interfere with general cruise activities. (I suspect I would have remembered if there were major inconveniences.)

A couple of the group members offered photo opportunities and signed promo pictures for anyone. We took a cute photo with Bouzer from Sha Na Na.

OP - I hope you have no issues.

M

Bowser from Sha Na Na is part of this Oldies cruise too