Thank You All For Civil Discourse!!!

Bo1953

Hello all - I just wanted to take a quick, unscheduled, moment to thank all who participate in this sub-forum for the over all civil discourse we enjoy here.

I find this sub-forum to be a respite, where I can come to find and ask for info, which is not generally available elsewhere.

It is especially refreshing to be surrounded by experienced and positive judgemental cruisers.

I realize that in the far, far reaching future it may not be this way, yet I will continue cherish the posters and information available here.

Thank you again, one and all for supporting all of us and each other in the ways you do.

I, for one, really appreciate you, as I Am sure others do as well.

Thank you and again bon voyage!

Very nicely put. I had posted on one of the threads and it didn’t come across as I’d liked. When you write things instead of converse, things can come out stronger and judgmental than you think you are expressing. And of course, when I havent had goodies to eat, my grumpy old geezer comes out unexpectedly.

But overall, we are sharing very well. Kind of like on Roll Calls. You might end up face-face so you watch what is said, and how.

Den

Hello all - I just wanted to take a quick, unscheduled, moment to thank all who participate in this sub-forum for the over all civil discourse we enjoy here.

I find this sub-forum to be a respite, where I can come to find and ask for info, which is not generally available elsewhere.

It is especially refreshing to be surrounded by experienced and positive judgemental cruisers.

I realize that in the far, far reaching future it may not be this way, yet I will continue cherish the posters and information available here.

Thank you again, one and all for supporting all of us and each other in the ways you do.

Well said, Bo. I have been feeling the same way on this sub-forum. It has a nice vibe - even when we all don't agree, we can have a good discussion. I enjoy hearing everyone's point of view and feel that mine is generally also respected (though sometimes it must be difficult ;)).

Thank you, Bo, for all your input and suggestions. I always look forward to your posts!

Very nicely put. I had posted on one of the threads and it didn’t come across as I’d liked. When you write things instead of converse, things can come out stronger and judgmental than you think you are expressing. And of course, when I havent had goodies to eat, my grumpy old geezer comes out unexpectedly.

But overall, we are sharing very well. Kind of like on Roll Calls. You might end up face-face so you watch what is said, and how.

Den

Good advice about being careful since we may end up face-to-face sometime. :D

I know what you mean about coming across differently when not face-to-face. That's why I use so many smiley faces - I'm sure it drives everyone nuts, but I always worry that I am coming across in a different way than I wanted.

And having goodies helps too - maybe that's why we are all in such good moods on cruises (I am thinking of Café al Bacio right now and getting into a good mood). :D

Thanks Bo.. eloquent!

I think we have bonded on this thread.. It's like a second roll call. Wish we could sail with all of you

Special thanks to Lloyd, Vt cruiser and everyone who have given us photos, stats, info, deck plans....

“Like Button”

Thanks Bo. You always have a lot to contribute too and you do so in a classy way. I hope to meet you on a cruise some day- but I probably will not share a vegan meal with you if you don't mind!

Well said Bo! And thanks for the clarification on your recent comment Denny, since we are traveling on the same b2b cruises and roll call, I appreciate your comments.

Really looking forward to this innovative cruise ship. As many others on this board, we are sailing next year mostly for the ship not the ports.

Doug

Thanks Bo. You always have a lot to contribute too and you do so in a classy way. I hope to meet you on a cruise some day- but I probably will not share a vegan meal with you if you don't mind!

t - methinks you under value a great vegan meal! LOL

Okay, we can break bread together, but different styles...

Drinks too!

bon voyage

Thank you Bo. ❤️

I would have a vegan meal with you anytime.

After cocktails of course! 😁

c - LOL, yes of course after cocktails and I think T will be able to eat vegan afterwards as well...

bon voyage

Den

Den,

Not to worry about how harsh one may come across, intentionally or un-intentionally.

For me, if the comment(s) are consistently rubbing me oddly, then I just pass them by and think 'maybe were we to meet in person, things will be different' as we all have our styles of communication which can be quite different...

While I go to great lengths (or what I consider great LOL), to understand how different people communicate or lack thereof, I do read the first few pages before judging them on other merits! LOL

Thank you all and bon voyage

Den,

Not to worry about how harsh one may come across, intentionally or un-intentionally.

For me, if the comment(s) are consistently rubbing me oddly, then I just pass them by and think 'maybe were we to meet in person, things will be different' as we all have our styles of communication which can be quite different...

While I go to great lengths (or what I consider great LOL), to understand how different people communicate or lack thereof, I do read the first few pages before judging them on other merits! LOL

Thank you all and bon voyage

Den- that is good advice! I wish I had the patience and discipline to do as you suggest. Perhaps if I ate more veggies instead of meat- who knows how much I would transform!