My View: Live from a Back2Back Adventure on the Seas

Very smooth process! We did not even have to leave the ship. We sat in the Imperial lounge while 2 customs officers came to check our passports and visas. There were only 17 of us, and it was very quick. We dinged “off” the ship in the lounge, received our new key cards, and dinged back on - all without leaving the lounge! Cape Liberty is the place to be for a back 2 back!
Great! Hopefully will go as smoothly for us next week.

Thanks to everyone following along! We are having a blast! The interesting thing is, this morning while we were in the Imperial lounge, I had first day butterflies [emoji846]

A bit of a summary on our first week experience:

1. Before the cruise, I read about how the staff was not friendly, and seemed tired. We have not found this to be true at all. Service has been excellent and overall friendly!

2. The coffee cards are valid for tall and grande. If you order a venti, it counts for two drinks. It is therefore better just to order a grande. I had too MANY grande caramel latte’s this week!

3. The cooler/fridge is no longer stocked, which we love. I save my Caramel Lattes there [emoji846]

4. Unfortunately, our balcony sometimes has a bad odor - I assume it is from the incinerator that burns up the left over food (at least that is what I heard here on CC). It is not as bad as on Carnival Magic and Dream, but just a bit uncomfortable at times. I still love the balcony and will continue to book it.

5. The cappuccino machine in the diamond lounge was broken one day, and we were able to get free cappuccino at the promenade café that day. Very nice, Royal!!!

6. Promenade café is not open 24 hours, but still offers adequate hours as far as I am concerned.

Overall, it has been an excellent cruise!

Is there an adult pool area with hot tub? A solarium? Thanks for the great review!

Solarium:

4610486c8aa8a2970ffd05703f9ae733.jpg

If you don’t have a lounger on your balcony, these are the seats to grab:

5bf81805f0b3da9b91bcc7ef5f477447.jpg

134c79bb23f373074bb19321845ce982.jpg

I do actually have a request! I am booked in 2235, one of the prison cells :')...er, studio interior staterooms, on Deck 2 for my cruise in December and I am trying to find out how the rooms are set up. There are photos, video of the conference center located around the corner, but none of the hallway leading to those four rooms (which used to be the screening room) nor the rooms itself. If you could please kindly take some photos of the hallway leading to the rooms, as well as the general area in front of those four rooms, that would be wonderful. I am also trying to determine how much space there is between my room (2235) and my neighbours and the general noise level.

Thank you in advance!

Got some pictures last night. I also have a video. If you would like to request it, just ask at APDMOM@live.com

I will be able to send it in 2 weeks.

The entry to the hallway is behind this counter:

8c97303affbe4813e59aff7cc03e1a72.jpg

The first room is right by the entry door. I think this room might have more noise from the Schooner Piano Bar:

3c08985c61ce8f7ff7a7f117446e4e1d.jpg

Down the hallway are two more rooms (I think they should be more quiet):

9f9f90f3c30d976c2fafa7015ba6717f.jpg

46edc0bd02cdae257119db98b963b618.jpg

One more room around the corner:

e8685fb309f5cba0741b2a1e828c60b2.jpg

We'll be on this itinerary (Can/NE) in 8 weeks, so looking forward to this next week. Thanks for posting!

Me too!!! Was on the Adventure last year around this time and is a nice reminder of the layout of the ship. Thanks to the OP.

Thank you for the fun week. Now this next week is the one we are really looking forward to. We'll be sailing this itinerary on August 31st and cannot wait...

Thanks again...

I'll be doing the same. Maybe we will run into each other at the Meet & Mingle!!

We are listening to Elevation in the Imperial lounge. We enjoyed them so much last week! They sing a great mix of oldies and newer songs. Even though there are many talented live artists on the ship, this is our favorite!

We thankfully finally outgrew the nursery this year, and no longer use it, but are there nursery hours on this ship? Only saw playgroups in the above planner.

I will find out. Our son is 13, and there was no nursery when he was a baby/toddler cruising. [emoji846] I am also thankful we are past those years!

I will find out. Our son is 13, and there was no nursery when he was a baby/toddler cruising. [emoji846] I am also thankful we are past those years!

I always thought it was just the Jewel and Explorer that didn’t have a nursery. That is interesting if the Adventure didn’t get one as well, back in 2010-2012 when they were installing them in all their ships.

Tip: Adventure is one of few ships that allows you a view of the bridge (at least a partial view). To get there, walk on the left (port side) of the Solarium all the way forward. Instead of turning right toward the elevators & stairs, turn left to exit the solarium. You can view the bridge if you walk around this deck to the front:

9bfdb1d7c81bf7fda4d405d9105280d8.jpg

e70004e4a4a2b53f5b75762874ebab96.jpg

30e634f9401e5f0e407030e2dae9e0cb.jpg

da8c613a018cdd749ecd8c83a35dc237.jpg

4249d321912028fd44caa5eae9e79a56.jpg

I love that Royal has these lifts for wheelchairs installed in some unexpected venues like this bridge viewing area. I just wish they would have a dedicated elevator for wheelchairs and scooters too. It would be great if they could create a VIP key card elevator system where guests with true significant physical disabilities could have easier access (That is my day job hat thinking):

34238a3c747246729e292a3c2a5586ee.jpg

Loving your live review on Adventure so far, and I hope you and your family had a nice, yummy breakfast this morning! Have a great sea day :)

I do actually have a request! I am booked in 2235, one of the prison cells :')...er, studio interior staterooms, on Deck 2 for my cruise in December and I am trying to find out how the rooms are set up. There are photos, video of the conference center located around the corner, but none of the hallway leading to those four rooms (which used to be the screening room) nor the rooms itself. If you could please kindly take some photos of the hallway leading to the rooms, as well as the general area in front of those four rooms, that would be wonderful :) I am also trying to determine how much space there is between my room (2235) and my neighbours and the general noise level.

Thank you in advance!

I was on deck 2 in an ocean view. I actually LOVED being on that floor. It actually was surprisingly fun!