My View: Live from a Back2Back Adventure on the Seas

Thank for the information Did anyone bang their head on the bunk when getting off the regular bed? Seems dangerous.

LOL! We have stayed in this cabin so many times that it is a standing joke/competition to see who would bump their heads first and the most. So far this cruise, I am losing as I bumped my head once. [emoji16]

Wow thanks for the pics! It’s fantastic you’re doing this. I have a small request- if you find yourself in the Viking crown lounge, I would love to see some pictures! I will be getting married in there in October, and still trying to figure out how the layout will work for about 40-45 people. TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will gladly do this! What a fun plan to get married on the ship! My husband and I always joke that the next time we get married (to each other, of course) we will do so on a cruise. [emoji846]

Just caught up with your live review, fantastic job so far :) I am sailing on Adventure for the very first time later in December and am loving your photos :D

Btw, I noticed that both you and hubby and your parents will be celebrating milestone anniversaries in a few years from now. Are you planning to take a cruise to celebrate? You have a lovely family :)

Thank you, accio_7! We have not planned anything special yet. We actually don’t celebrate any anniversaries or birthdays so that we can cruise. It is all part of our cruise budget! So, every cruise is one big celebration of all our birthdays, anniversaries and holidays [emoji846]

So looking forward to my first ever cruise in March next year - so your photos and info is just excellent - thank you for taking the time!

I need to keep in touch while I am away but I do not really want the full Wi-Fi package - does the internet cafe have the facility to log on and pay per minute etc?

Otherwise - keep it up - love seeing it all - too excited now!

Fun! Enjoy planning! [emoji846] Like Host Clarea said, the internet is packaged in continuous time. I would recommend you buy the package ahead of time when it is on sale in the cruise planner online. Since you are new to cruising, you will not get a discount onboard. It will therefore be cheaper for you to buy it in advance. You can also check with your cellphone company to see if they have a better deal.

The other option is to find free Wi-Fi in the ports you visit. You can usually find a coffee shop or bar that offers Wi-Fi for paying customers.

It has been a long and fun day! I will try to post a little bit tonight and then finish tomorrow on our experience in Coco Cay. First I need to organize a few pictures.

We were hoping that the pier would be ready for docking, but construction is still very active. If we have a captain’s Q&A, we can ask when the pier will be ready. One ship captain reported that it would be October (from passenger here on Cruise Critic), but I will see if there is an update.

Construction of the pier:

30da227e998868243d9e3530a50b93f3.jpg

347a9ffa5b662322b1ff14a042a8d695.jpg

Another crane was being shipped in while we tendered:

ac6a6a71dacb21dba4b965f5e7134a8a.jpg

We booked the kayak excursion in advance when there was an online special. I will have to check at home how much we paid, but on the ship the cost was $49. We definitely paid a much lower amount.

Tip: If you already know you want to do an excursion through the ship, book it during the sales (additional 10-20% off on excursions). Even if there is no sale, booking excursions in advance saves you money. In Coco Cay, you can only book excursions through Royal, since it is their private island.

Tip: Complete your release form on the ship to save time at the excursion hut. Just go to the excursion desk on the promenade to sign the form.

Tip: If you do the kayaking in Coco Cay, take a quick dip before entering the kayak. It can get pretty hot while you wait for everyone to sign releases.

89f80cc55088f8b684493b445dd33d69.jpg

You may even see some sea life while waiting:

f57ae0ece5e01f03dfdd9aaf12a8cfa1.jpg

12646a80f02e88411f6a18dccdfbcdb1.jpg

Our excursion:

6582f286f6f7bb9d6877616c587e8ffb.jpg

700dcd398f87245e2612f40499385d99.jpg

Edited by APDMOM
Tips in red

The wind picked up while we were kayaking, and two kayaks tipped over. One of them was only about 5 feet from us, and we could not even tell how it happened. I was afraid the same could happen to us, but our guide told us to just paddle against the wind and it worked.

First kayak tipped over:

3a93c3c747435b9167403d1aff26f67a.jpg

A view of the ship from the kayak:

2bbe0258c74f51b44640261927594c5f.jpg

There was a wide variety of abilities, and we had a very large group. I think Royal should have assigned two guides, as this group was too large for one.

894dc1ea153b92f6d24027796cd4d90a.jpg

If you are looking for a kayak experience where you can enjoy the ocean life, this is not the one. Although it was beautiful and fun, we were kayaking too fast to see sea life. There were not enough pauses to do so. Also, I think there was a miscommunication within Royal Caribbean. The kayak and snorkel people came with us and did not get to snorkel during this time. I don’t know if they continued on to snorkel somewhere else.

Loving the review and I notice its caribbean theme in the windjammer tonight which sounds very interesting indeed after enjoying a nice day on the beach at Coco Cay.

Themed Windjammer nights are new to me so just out of interest does the theme in the Windjammer mean you would also get for example some caribbean specials in the MDR that evening?

Did you ever get an answer to what the ink spots were in the water?? I am intrigued!!! Enjoying the review - so glad your parents are active and can enjoy the trip with you. Mine will be celebrating 50 yrs in Feb and we are all going on Allure on March 31, so looking forward to that!

Great review! I'll be on Adventure this September to NE/CA, so I'm looking forward to next week. Hopefully it won't come too quickly for you! However, for me it can't come soon enough, cause it means my cruise is coming closer.

Fun! Enjoy planning! [emoji846] Like Host Clarea said, the internet is packaged in continuous time. I would recommend you buy the package ahead of time when it is on sale in the cruise planner online. Since you are new to cruising, you will not get a discount onboard. It will therefore be cheaper for you to buy it in advance. You can also check with your cellphone company to see if they have a better deal.

The other option is to find free Wi-Fi in the ports you visit. You can usually find a coffee shop or bar that offers Wi-Fi for paying customers.

Thank you Clarea and APDMOM I will keep an eye online for sales of the wifi package, loving the posts #evenmoreexcitednow :cool:

looking foward to coco cay. Hope you have pics of cabanas as we have one booked.

Unfortunately, no pictures of the cabanas. We did not have one, and I realize I did not get near enough pictures of the island. Not to worry, we will be back November 2019 ;p

Thank you for this very enjoyable review! Quick question...did you see many jellyfish at Coco?

We did not see any, but we did see plenty of fish. I did not go out as far as I normally would, as I mainly took my mom back to “shop” after our kayak excursion.