My View: Live from a Back2Back Adventure on the Seas

With this first sea day almost over, I will post a few highlights and ship pictures tonight.

I have to say that the Promenade Café has kicked it up a notch in the breakfast department. Loved these little burritos!

0bf5fa8f900ad2c33f7436e3234acace.jpg

31e54cc28eaefee5ea486496fbe67b95.jpg

f0cd681accb0055d545ae8e970315804.jpg

3413047b54d2bbef96deeb55110b546f.jpg

I tried to post the donuts picture, but Tapatalk does not accept “this kind of image” [emoji23] I wonder what exactly they think it is...

Do they serve any specialty coffees in the promenade cafe?

I tried to grab an early morning cappuccino from the diamond lounge, just to find that Adventure does not have 24 hour cappuccino available. The machine is stocked between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. I am an early riser, so I will have to walk the ship a bit before that first cup of cappuccino [emoji846]

3575f232a5ca7ca9b4ddff84b812d114.jpg

b6b1c48bab5311eab50525fc02172779.jpg

The empty DL at 6 a.m.

2d3b0186d3d1ec5ff860e579abd7dbc9.jpg

5cf51e974451c494329917327e9b9dd0.jpg

117826825cd1bfe1d57db349fc9bcd75.jpg

Following along , too. We’ll be cruising on Adventure for the first time next Oct 2019 on a repositioning 13 day cruise from Québec to Fort Lauderdale. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your fantastic photos of the ship. Also , will you be doing any excursions at any ports in NE / Canada ? Thank you for taking us along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, NHProud! Yes, we will do a couple of private excursions in Maine, and we rent a car in the two Canadian ports. I will report about all of that next week. [emoji846]

Do they serve any specialty coffees in the promenade cafe?

Yes. They have Starbucks drinks at the Promenade Café for an extra charge. I will take pictures tomorrow. We bought a couple of coffee cards prior to the cruise (15 drinks each) for $30 plus gratuity. Since my parents are not diamond yet, this is a great value to treat them to cappuccino from the Promenade Café.

We went to the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle at 10:30 a.m. I regret that I did not arrange a cabin crawl this time, as that is always a great way to meet people. We were just so busy moving 2 weeks before the cruise that it was not feasible.

The Meet and Mingle was a bit quiet, but fun for us. They gave away 3 bottles of wine. Our group of 4 won 2 of them, but I told my husband to let them re-enter the second bottle. Would you know? They drew my number next, winning the same bottle again! [emoji23] Of course, we re-entered one bottle again so that someone else could benefit.

Magic Marvin:

3dd512dcebb9d6f9cfd8f42ebf45be90.jpg

Our prize:

7f8cb59f3532aa09e2575c3830cbf293.png

We loved the sea day lunch in the main dining room. They have excellent salad, a small buffet selection, a pasta station, and the sit-down experience with a traditional menu. I was totally in vacation mode and did not take any pictures... Good thing I can catch those next week [emoji16]

We ran into our “Spring Break Ship” for next March! It is on deck 10 forward:

03929a942913ee6bd19d45e23c45ec02.jpg

On a sea day, with a sold out ship, and LOTS of kids in the pools and hot tubs, the aft view is definitely the BEST view!

186b503c8b7268fe8f4d72b515885fd9.jpg

b3b759c0e049d681b8b2503549b46ece.jpg

My Cruise Shoes:

81e187b484c8d9797c760d4a5e63f311.jpg

My husband and I are going on Adventure of the Seas for the first time at the end of August to Canada and Maine. You are getting me excited. Enjoying your trip is a way to make mine start early! Thanks for taking time from your cruise to help me enjoy mine!

Tonight was formal night. There is definitely quite a difference between boarding in New Jersey vs boarding in Florida. The formal night was much more dressy that we are used to on Florida departures. I don’t remember when the last time was I saw so many suits and tuxedos on a cruise... probably Celebrity to Alaska! There was still a wide variety of somewhat dressed up to very formal. It does not bother me what people wear, I am just stating these observations for those who always wonder what to pack.

My parents at dinner:

1ec40a6c9c891296c066a67fa0052f9c.jpg

We did not plan to match! I guess it just happens after 18 years of marriage (Or in the case of my parents, 48 years):

d463bb107b5b186755db51de8ed5f631.jpg

I managed to take one food picture! It is a new appetizer I had not seen before on the menu... will have to take the menu pictures next week.

b9c21f340f3f8b32506ad98f4ce982ea.jpg

My husband and I are going on Adventure of the Seas for the first time at the end of August to Canada and Maine. You are getting me excited. Enjoying your trip is a way to make mine start early! Thanks for taking time from your cruise to help me enjoy mine!

You are welcome! Stay tuned for all the NE/Canada details next week [emoji846]

Me TOO. I want a pair!!! I will be on the Adventure Aug 31. Thinking about making it a b2b starting Aug 24.

My awesome mom bought them for me in Namibia. I think you can find them on Amazon though... [emoji846]

As much as I would like to post more tonight, the uploads are so slow that I have run out of iPad battery. I will be back with more tomorrow. Since we will be in Port Canaveral, I will be able to post with my cellphone data plan a bit!

Until tomorrow... My view: The end of Week 1 - Day 2:

241bcdab3bc5cba6a8b0bbd9443e1529.jpg

PS:

We spotted Carnival Pride from our balcony:

0fa515302eddcadbc5df39e00e7ca271.jpg

Thank you for the live review.

We are from the UK and it is getting us very excited for our trip across the pond in August 2019 to New York for a few days and then our Adventure cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are just about to start our adventure with our safety drill! We are live from Adventure of the Seas for the next two weeks. We will do the Bahamas route first, followed by Canada/New England!

I will try my best to post every night. This is contingent upon reception on the ship. Join us for our adventure!

Our first glimpse of the ship in Bayonne...

Cape Liberty:

ff760830e8688ace85599647853604b6.jpg

A hazy view of Manhattan:

9f41e603da9f91b21397c97c03f7fffc.jpg

We will be back with much more later.

Family of the Seas:

0a26048a45c8cafe4dedf0e461f7baa0.jpg

I am really excited to read your review. Next May we are doing our first back to back on The Adventure, Bahamas/ New England. Very apprehensive because we have cruised on The Awesome Anthem for the past 3 years, so not sure about this ship, but, I cannot imagine ever having a bad cruise. We have been on The Explorer, which is like the Adventure, and enjoyed that ship. We are from New England and have done this cruise before, never the Bahamas, but we don’t care about the itinerary so much, just love to cruise. Again, thanks for the review!

Marg

We are just about to start our adventure with our safety drill! We are live from Adventure of the Seas for the next two weeks. We will do the Bahamas route first, followed by Canada/New England!

Thanks for sharing your Adventure to date!

Even though we got off the Adventure of the Seas on May 5th at Puerto Rico from her ABC cruise, we're still suffering a bit of a Adventure withdrawal and your posts are a nice remedy of memories.

Enjoy the Adventure and your B2B cruise!

Thanks much for posting such an informative review. Your photos are lovely. We will be on Adventure in October for the Snowbird Migration cruise from Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale - we will definitely have to check out the Café Promenade for breakfast; the burritos sound great.