My View: Live from a Back2Back Adventure on the Seas

We spent the week before our cruise in Shawnee-on-Delaware. We therefore had a drive of about 90 minutes to the port. Not knowing the area, and fearing traffic jams unlike Northeast Florida, we left an hour early.

TIP: We always take pictures of our suitcases that will be checked - just in case we lose one.

011c430fa494f08cbcbcf1187c480f90.jpg

Tip: We found out you have to choose an arrival time when you do online check-in for Cape Liberty. I recommend you complete your online checkin early to ensure an early arrival time, should you so desire.

With that said, we arrived about an hour before our designated arrival time of 10:30. We were able to drop off our luggage and check in without any problems around 9:30.

Driving into the port area:

13c67d5cdcf870405e1e9606da478623.jpg

We had one of the best porter experiences in 26 cruises! Boarding started at 10:15, and we were in the promenade café by 10:25. We opted to grab a light lunch here, as we like to avoid the craziness of the Windjammer on day one.

Tip: If you board early, the Promenade Café is a great option for a more quiet lunch. They opened for lunch at 11 a.m., but you could get the free coffee and tea upon arrival.

In front of the Promenade Café with my beautiful mom:

5237fa2bfb38eb4648b0faba589df676.jpg

Edited by APDMOM
Tips in red

Tip: We found out you have to choose an arrival time when you do online check-in for Cape Liberty. I recommend you complete your online checkin early to ensure an early arrival time, should you so desire.

Just an FYI.... it doesn't matter what time you've chosen to check in online. Cape Liberty doesn't enforce any "check in time" rule. You can arrive whenever you want to and get checked in right away.

After lunch, we waited in the Imperial Lounge for rooms to be ready. From here, we took turns to walk to the helipad. It was quite cool and windy, but we got a good view of the Tear Drop Memorial:

785169b543a1fc839594073e99ccea4a.jpg

I will give more details during the next 14 days about the ship and how to get to different locations on the ship, including the helipad.

The safety briefing was quick and pain free. We watched sailaway from our balcony:

090c936d08984a9818ec63b2e06977c0.jpg

f338694089e903a0dad700370a088ba8.jpg

Aft Views are the Best!

c882d79fe8662140541279bc8b8db4ba.jpg

Just an FYI.... it doesn't matter what time you've chosen to check in online. Cape Liberty doesn't enforce any "check in time" rule. You can arrive whenever you want to and get checked in right away.

Thanks! That is what we experienced today. It was the first time we had to choose an arrival time for a port, so we were not sure who that would go... [emoji846]

We have traditional dining at 5:30 on deck 5. We were a bit tired, and I was slow in getting pictures of our food. [emoji16]

We all enjoyed our meals, including Waldarf salad, Calamari, and mushroom soup for appetizers.

For main course, 4 of us chose the Covina (Fish of the day): It was excellent!

414e715abc95bb9c0c771759c85c3221.jpg

Our son’s dinner:

54cb4422c8294388af28f3950cdd65fa.jpg

With that, I will call it a day. We are exhausted from the excitement of boarding day. I will elaborate on our cabin and some Crown & Anchor benefits tomorrow.

The end of My View, Week 1 - Day 1:

ad31c7062b39fc6ca0674866282043a4.jpg

Will be following along. Always enjoy your reviews and have not done a B2B yet... Hope you all have two great cruises!

Thank you! Loving this “floatel” so far [emoji846]

Remember when we booked and it seemed to very far away? Thought it would never get here, and now that fourteen months seems like it flew by. Four days until we fly! Enjoy your first week.

I know! We were just talking about that yesterday. We booked week 2 in March 2017. Prices were excellent back then! I will have to post my spreadsheet with the prices later today. It seems like early bookings continue to be the best on Royal.

Safe travels, hapster! Say hello if you see us next week.

So lucky to be doing a B2B. That is on my bucket list. Love your shirts!

Thank you! It is great to know we have 2 weeks to relax 🙂 I can definitely recommend it!

looks like we will be on the NE/Canada part with you! Does anyone know if the flights or shots are covered in the Deluxe Beverage plan? Those drinks look great to me!

Say hi if you see us next week! :)

We haven't done a B2B and do not have Adventure booked anytime soon, but I always enjoy your reviews and fabulous photos. Following!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad to see you follow along, Summergirl! You never know when you may end up on Adventure!;)

With this first sea day almost over, I will post a few highlights and ship pictures tonight.

I have to say that the Promenade Café has kicked it up a notch in the breakfast department. Loved these little burritos!

0bf5fa8f900ad2c33f7436e3234acace.jpg

31e54cc28eaefee5ea486496fbe67b95.jpg

f0cd681accb0055d545ae8e970315804.jpg

3413047b54d2bbef96deeb55110b546f.jpg

I tried to post the donuts picture, but Tapatalk does not accept “this kind of image” [emoji23] I wonder what exactly they think it is...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Following along , too. We’ll be cruising on Adventure for the first time next Oct 2019 on a repositioning 13 day cruise from Québec to Fort Lauderdale. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your fantastic photos of the ship. Also , will you be doing any excursions at any ports in NE / Canada ? Thank you for taking us along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk