My View: Live from a Back2Back Adventure on the Seas

Loving the review and I notice its caribbean theme in the windjammer tonight which sounds very interesting indeed after enjoying a nice day on the beach at Coco Cay.

Themed Windjammer nights are new to me so just out of interest does the theme in the Windjammer mean you would also get for example some caribbean specials in the MDR that evening?

No. The MDR menu is the same as we have seen on other RC shios, with some updates. In fact, we are considering Windjammer dinners next week. We walked through tonight (TexMex night), and the options looked delicious!

Thanks for all the comments and compliments! Let’s close out Day 4 on Coco Cay. Hopefully, internet will cooperate!

Arrival area on the tender:

146028d7d93a2808657e2bd7f7da1f35.jpg

85ae5b55f1ee52cf998d01ee70ecfa6b.jpg

Shopping! (My mom’s favorite pastime)

241d8f3f007b9f56a4f2818565d8f3ef.jpg

By the shopping area, we ran into these critters:

a68280df80a74007bd0bfd344df8049f.jpg

9ee571d61eb5119bdf1c554dd81835d5.jpg

Tip: If you need a locker, you can pay $10 for the day, and use lockers in different locations. So, if you need a locker by the kayaks at the start of the day, but later move to a different beach, the $10 covers the new location too.

3decf288d744215f0b09bb6f480402e9.jpg

We had not been to Coco Cay in quite a few years, and the construction is currently underway for the new waterpark. I was therefore a bit disoriented as the “hill” to the old barefoot beach is now gone. We did find barefoot beach, but that is now just marked by the Floating Bar.

1c47fe9f362b980ff319c2e40d4f6db0.jpg

We love this beach, because you can walk far into the water, staying between ankle and knee deep in the water. There is a lot of sea life to observe. Previously, we even saw a stingray swim right past us here. This time, my mom and I just went in a small distance. In this picture, you can see how far in the back people are, still in shallow water:

90b628b95fe862bbf86e2cf807c438e1.jpg

Some sea life we spotted:

1a964c43cb69dc24b5daf94d96d1bb84.jpg

7cdeeedd30b640e0de0ee8c46c3061d7.jpg

cc6efa8bb16bf2e2f9d0ceaaed9dde5c.jpg

Tip: To get to this part of the beach, go past where the kayaks are. It is close to the cabanas.

Thank you for this review - we are loving your posts! We are joining you in a few days (eeeeek!! Can.Not.Wait! :)

I have been following your posts of the Cruise Compass - I haven't seen a laundry special. Have there been any specials for wash & fold while you are on board? (Just wondering if perhaps it is not in the compass but something placed in the room?)

We ended our day with the ice show. It was very good, but not my favorite ice show on Royal. The costumes are not as spectacular as we have seen on other ships, but the skaters were excellent!

4d638e80857c0b263447f7f34e3497d1.jpg

6a84f83edec9d82e26c6b27587e3ffa6.jpg

327179fbcd8e628e9d391a93c0dae377.jpg

27ad825d7c271304f07bef65c1d5a265.jpg

I love the comedy they work into the show:

0f3c6ef615c6c794c90cc3fc72fb79cd.jpg

328e81f83791e2aefc74dc0c2bb090b3.jpg

Thank you for this review - we are loving your posts! We are joining you in a few days (eeeeek!! Can.Not.Wait! :)

I have been following your posts of the Cruise Compass - I haven't seen a laundry special. Have there been any specials for wash & fold while you are on board? (Just wondering if perhaps it is not in the compass but something placed in the room?)

Hi, Crowls! I have not seen anything for the laundry special yet. I will check tomorrow. We may use it if it is a good deal. I will post back after I find out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will be back tomorrow to report on our adventures in Nassau. Hope the internet keeps up! Although it has been slow for picture uploads, it is working [emoji846]

Until tomorrow!

Thanks for the pictures of Coco Cay! I know we will enjoy having the pier there, but I thought the island was pretty darn perfect just the way it was. I hope I will still feel the same way about the island the next time we are lucky enough to get there.

Thanks for the pictures of Coco Cay! I know we will enjoy having the pier there, but I thought the island was pretty darn perfect just the way it was. I hope I will still feel the same way about the island the next time we are lucky enough to get there.

I know! I loved the look of it before. Only time will tell if this was a mistake on the part of Royal.

I will wait to judge until after the completion of the new areas. They may just pull it off to keep the beauty with additional tropical vegetation. Right now, it is kind of a mess with construction. I am hoping when all is said and done we will love Coco Cay even more. :) There are some aspects that I know I will enjoy - like the lookout tower.

We are off to breakfast.

Since I have 2 sea days, please feel free to make requests for pictures or info. I will use these two days to post many ship pictures. Will bw back soon!

Hi, Crowls! I have not seen anything for the laundry special yet. I will check tomorrow. We may use it if it is a good deal. I will post back after I find out.

Thank you!!! Just finishing packing up to fly out tonight :)

May throw in a few extra things in case the laundry special isn't available just to be on the safe side.

Can't wait to join you in 2 days!! :)

We are off to breakfast.

Since I have 2 sea days, please feel free to make requests for pictures or info. I will use these two days to post many ship pictures. Will bw back soon!

Loving your live review on Adventure so far, and I hope you and your family had a nice, yummy breakfast this morning! Have a great sea day :)

I do actually have a request! I am booked in 2235, one of the prison cells :')...er, studio interior staterooms, on Deck 2 for my cruise in December and I am trying to find out how the rooms are set up. There are photos, video of the conference center located around the corner, but none of the hallway leading to those four rooms (which used to be the screening room) nor the rooms itself. If you could please kindly take some photos of the hallway leading to the rooms, as well as the general area in front of those four rooms, that would be wonderful :) I am also trying to determine how much space there is between my room (2235) and my neighbours and the general noise level.

Thank you in advance!

As I will be on the Adventure the end of August, I was wondering the same thing about advance reservations to the ice show. I checked my cruise planner and there is no indication of having to reserve seats for shows. Have a great day!!!

As I will be on the Adventure the end of August, I was wondering the same thing about advance reservations to the ice show. I checked my cruise planner and there is no indication of having to reserve seats for shows. Have a great day!!!
From our 4/28/18 Adventure cruise, no reservations are needed for any show but we did notice the Ice Show seats start filling up about 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start. The last day of our cruise, they added an additional show.

Sent from my 5049W using Forums mobile app

Thank you!!! Just finishing packing up to fly out tonight :)

May throw in a few extra things in case the laundry special isn't available just to be on the safe side.

Can't wait to join you in 2 days!! :)

There is a special for $35 for one bag of laundry. It says to get details from the stateroom attendant. I will ask him tonight, but I think it onlu includes limited types of clothing (underwear, socks, etc). Will post a picture of the details once I get them.

For the ice show- did you need to get tickets ahead of time?

Still no tickets or reservations. This was a bit frustrating. We were in line 50 minutes before the show, in hopes to get seats that face the front of the ice for better pictures. There were about 15 people in front of us, so it should have been easy to get great seats. Unfortunately, people were standing in line for their large families. By the time the doors opened, so many people had cut in that we had to sit to the side. I wish Royal would make a clear line with those bands they use at check in. People were coming down from deck 4 into the photo area also, cutting in line. So, showing up 50 minutes early was a waste. It would be better just to get there about 25 minutes before the show. You will still get seats and not deal with the frustration of people cutting in line.

Loving your live review on Adventure so far, and I hope you and your family had a nice, yummy breakfast this morning! Have a great sea day :)

I do actually have a request! I am booked in 2235, one of the prison cells :')...er, studio interior staterooms, on Deck 2 for my cruise in December and I am trying to find out how the rooms are set up. There are photos, video of the conference center located around the corner, but none of the hallway leading to those four rooms (which used to be the screening room) nor the rooms itself. If you could please kindly take some photos of the hallway leading to the rooms, as well as the general area in front of those four rooms, that would be wonderful :) I am also trying to determine how much space there is between my room (2235) and my neighbours and the general noise level.

Thank you in advance!

I have added this to my list. [emoji846]