Is Diamond Event now a breakfast on every ship?

TomCruise48

I was on a 4 night Sensation cruise in January and was the only diamond on board. I got invited to a crew recognition party. Open bar and tons of food. Really enjoyed seeing the crew being recognized for outstanding service.

That sounds like the best event ever. We love interacting with the crew. We would be happy to go to such an event even without food and open bar. We recently booked a B2B on the Sensation for 2019 and hope to be so lucky.

Just curious. Which Diamond events that you attended did not have alcohol or a limited amount of alcohol? Anything on the bridge excluded. :cool:

I said included alcohol, as in if you wanted, you were asked for your sail and sign card. Other cases have been mentioned here where you were limited to Bloody Marys or some such. One time I was invited for A cocktail with the Captain. Other times we have been served long after the "event" was officially over. I have been on cruises where no Captain's Invitation event occurred. Some Captains will deliberately change the event from cruise to cruise, so that repeat guests get a variety.

There is no company standard for what the event is, or includes, by design.

I've only been a Diamond for the last 2 years and 9 cruises, but I've never had a breakfast with the Captain and officers although one sailing there were only 2 diamonds. We spent a wonderful hour chatting outside the coffee bar. But most of the Diamond get togethers were in the piano bar or disco, with maybe 20 to 30 attendees.

The largest group was on the 2016 Thanksgiving Vista sailing, when we had 125 Diamonds meeting the Captain for a brunch in the MDR. I still remember the Wagyu beef entree, so tenderly delicious! If JH didn't drone on and on and on, it would have been a most remarkable and brilliant affair!

It wasn't a Diamond affair, but we and another couple were invited to eat dinner with the Captain and officers on an elegant night in the MDR last year. Another memorable dinner!

On our Vista Med cruise, we had the Diamond event at the Cat in the Hat Sues breakfast. I think there were 3 diamonds. On one side of me sat the chief engineer who explained the unique things of the Vista as a new ship and across was the ship Doctor who was a bit late and when presented with a menu, said give me the egg option. When they sat in down in front of him and it was Green eggs and Ham, he was more than a little surprised, def his first breakfast like that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The employee recognition parties are a lot of fun. It's great when you know those being honored. We've been invited to some of the GS graduations, too, then gone to see the grads on their assigned ships. We're always happy to be included. The Diamond parties are just a small part of the fun.

I was on a 4 night Sensation cruise in January and was the only diamond on board. I got invited to a crew recognition party. Open bar and tons of food. Really enjoyed seeing the crew being recognized for outstanding service.

That would be a nice thing to be invited too

My husband and I will be joining the Diamond club in January on the Sunshine journey cruise , I am really looking forward to it .

It is a very nice way to be recognized, enjoy it no matter what the event is. It is a great chance to talk casually with senior staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All of our experiences on the Magic, Breeze, Liberty, Valor and Freedom were either billed as morning teas or evening cocktail parties. The morning teas and evening cocktail parties were held in the piano bar. At the teas you could have tea or coffee or order anything from the bar that you wanted.