Is Diamond Event now a breakfast on every ship?

TomCruise48

On our cruises this year on the Conquest, Legend, and Magic, the Diamond Event was a private breakfast in the upper level dining room using the standard Seaday Brunch menu. Have other Diamond guests experienced the same thing this year on other ships?

In the past few months we’ve had cocktails with the officers on two different ships and one dinner when there were only two Diamonds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Didnt know they would do it as a dinner.

The one time we were the only Diamonds on the ship we had tea with captain on bridge and sat with him for almost an hour. Our favorite Diamond experience.

Would hope they would not do it as a breakfast.

This is how cruise director.. guest services manager and hotel directors explained to us... 1 to 5 diamond.. something special and more perso al with captain and officers... 6 to 49 gathering in a lounge or the like for food and drinks.. 50 plus is the lunch in dining room with the menu like a scroll.. free flowing wine and drinks etc

We habe experienced all three different types.. and it always fit into this number system

I agree with this as this has mostly been our experience. I'm a bit envious of those who have had dinner in the steakhouse, as I've always wanted that. However, I am very grateful for what they offer and I've never not thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the opportunity to get to know some of the officers. They are all wonderful.

I've only been a Diamond for the last 2 years and 9 cruises, but I've never had a breakfast with the Captain and officers although one sailing there were only 2 diamonds. We spent a wonderful hour chatting outside the coffee bar. But most of the Diamond get togethers were in the piano bar or disco, with maybe 20 to 30 attendees.

The largest group was on the 2016 Thanksgiving Vista sailing, when we had 125 Diamonds meeting the Captain for a brunch in the MDR. I still remember the Wagyu beef entree, so tenderly delicious! If JH didn't drone on and on and on, it would have been a most remarkable and brilliant affair!

It wasn't a Diamond affair, but we and another couple were invited to eat dinner with the Captain and officers on an elegant night in the MDR last year. Another memorable dinner!

Edited by evandbob

This is how cruise director.. guest services manager and hotel directors explained to us... 1 to 5 diamond.. something special and more perso al with captain and officers... 6 to 49 gathering in a lounge or the like for food and drinks.. 50 plus is the lunch in dining room with the menu like a scroll.. free flowing wine and drinks etc

We habe experienced all three different types.. and it always fit into this number system

I had had the lunch in MDR on previous cruises.

However on the Horizon TA nearly 500 Diamonds. Back to the old party in the theatre. Of course with the Liquid lounge no where to put a glass or plate.

This is exactly what we had experienced in prior years, but on the 3 cruises taken so far this year, it was a breakfast event with no special menu. On one of this year's cruises, DW and I were the only 2 Diamond guests, and it still was breakfast. There were 3 other guests there, but we later learned that they were invited because they were friends of a senior officer.

While we appreciate this extra perquisite by Carnival, the breakfast event is just not as enjoyable as what was previously offered. Happy to hear that some others have had different experiences this year. We were beginning to think that the Miami office had dictated this format for all ships.

I had had the lunch in MDR on previous cruises.

However on the Horizon TA nearly 500 Diamonds. Back to the old party in the theatre. Of course with the Liquid lounge no where to put a glass or plate.

Wow! I'm getting close to Diamond, so I appreciate reading the responses on this thread because they demonstrate the Diamond Captain event on each sailing depends on the sheer number of Diamonds on a cruise, and also the impact dependent on the type of sailing. It sounds like the unique sailings such as longer and possibly the Journey and transatlantic sailings detract from the Diamond experience. Thanks to the Diamonds sharing their actual experience!

This is exactly what we had experienced in prior years, but on the 3 cruises taken so far this year, it was a breakfast event with no special menu. On one of this year's cruises, DW and I were the only 2 Diamond guests, and it still was breakfast. There were 3 other guests there, but we later learned that they were invited because they were friends of a senior officer.

While we appreciate this extra perquisite by Carnival, the breakfast event is just not as enjoyable as what was previously offered. Happy to hear that some others have had different experiences this year. We were beginning to think that the Miami office had dictated this format for all ships.

Agreed

We can't recall ever having the Sea Day Brunch menu, for breakfast, as the Captain's Event. We have had it a few times, at noon, in the DR. This year we have had mostly cocktail parties with very nice appetizers.

In the past, we've had dinners in the DR, coffees and drinks, at 10 am, in the piano bar, on the bridge (not so much lately), the steakhouse, and at Cucino de Capitan, but mostly evening cocktail parties. We always appreciate and enjoy the events! Don't forget to RSVP; it's on the invite.

Never had any kind of breakfast as a Diamond event. As others have said, we have had brunch as a Diamond event, but at noon / 1pm. Most are cocktail parties, with the smaller parties being at the Piano Bar, and the larger parties in a lounge. The only time we had the lunch with the special menu was on a Journeys cruise on the Pride. There were 153 Diamonds on that one. We also got a special galley tour with the lunch. :cool:

DW and I were the only 2 Diamond guests, and it still was breakfast.

In your situation, being a party of two, it would have been courteous of the staffer assigned to schedule your Diamond guest recognition event to ask your personal preference.

Just thinking back on my previous post. Perhaps the OP was invited to a brunch and he considers this to be a breakfast, as breakfast items are available. We still had plenty to drink though! :D

Just thinking back on my previous post. Perhaps the OP was invited to a brunch and he considers this to be a breakfast, as breakfast items are available. We still had plenty to drink though! :D

You are correct. This was the Sea Day Brunch scheduled for 9:00AM, so I considered it breakfast. On one of the cruises, only pre-made Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's were offered. They would not let you order any other types of drinks. On the other two, you could order any type of drink. Not a big deal for me since I'm a light drinker, but others weren't very happy.

I don't see alcohol mentioned at all.

• "A Special Invitation from the Captain." Benefit limited to Diamond Member and one guest once per Cruise, subject to Captain's availability and discretion. No substitution if Benefit is unavailable.

You are correct. This was the Sea Day Brunch scheduled for 9:00AM, so I considered it breakfast. On one of the cruises, only pre-made Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's were offered. They would not let you order any other types of drinks. On the other two, you could order any type of drink. Not a big deal for me since I'm a light drinker, but others weren't very happy.

We have been to quite a few Diamond brunches, including one on the Conquest in April, that have always been noon or later with plenty of drinks. I would not have been happy with a 9am event, but am grateful for whatever they give us. We were also on the Paradise in April, and had a cocktail hour at 10:30am! :cool:

I don't see alcohol mentioned at all.

• "A Special Invitation from the Captain." Benefit limited to Diamond Member and one guest once per Cruise, subject to Captain's availability and discretion. No substitution if Benefit is unavailable.

I can assure you that alcohol is always present unless you are invited to the bridge, which I haven't seen happen in quite some time. :D

I can assure you that alcohol is always present

I can assure you that it isn't always included and in other cases can be limited. As the number of Diamonds increases and budgets are blown, look for decreases.

I was on a 4 night Sensation cruise in January and was the only diamond on board. I got invited to a crew recognition party. Open bar and tons of food. Really enjoyed seeing the crew being recognized for outstanding service.

I can assure you that it isn't always included and in other cases can be limited. As the number of Diamonds increases and budgets are blown, look for decreases.

Just curious. Which Diamond events that you attended did not have alcohol or a limited amount of alcohol? Anything on the bridge excluded. :cool: