Post-Cruise Flight from Miami - Advice Requested

Hi,

I am booked on a seven-day Symphony of the Seas cruise that departs from Miami in February 2019. For my flight home, I have a choice of flights that depart from the Miami airport at 12:15 or 2:30 pm. They are both the same price. Would you worry about the 12:15 flight? The Symphony is a huge ship and there will be several other large ships in Miami on the same Saturday. Will there be long security lines at the airport? It has been several years since I have taken a cruise departing from Miami.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi,

I am booked on a seven-day Symphony of the Seas cruise that departs from Miami in February 2019. For my flight home, I have a choice of flights that depart from the Miami airport at 12:15 or 2:30 pm. They are both the same price. Would you worry about the 12:15 flight? The Symphony is a huge ship and there will be several other large ships in Miami on the same Saturday. Will there be long security lines at the airport? It has been several years since I have taken a cruise departing from Miami.

Thanks,

Chuck

I certainly would have no concern booking that 12:15 flight home..but I would get off the ship fairly early.

I've booked a flight at 11.22am from Miami in November after getting off Symphony. The RCI site recommends a flight no earlier than 11.30am but I'm very confident I'll make it! When we got off Navigator last November we we're actually at our hotel in Fort Lauderdale by about 9.20am which is a good half an hour drive away at least! MIA is much closer.