What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

We received the email to bid to upgrade for our May 18th Spirit cruise, we are in a SF suite and paid a little over 9k for the room, they are offering the owners suite(currently priced at $12,600 ) with a starting bid of $500 pp. we didn’t bid as I am not a fan of the owners suite on the Spirit but thought maybe someone would find the information useful. 

Edited by Bocadude85

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

You will most likely hear around 1:00 or 1:30 eastern time tomorrow.

Win or lose I need to thank you @JamieLogical because I have used this thread and all your posts for advice on the whole process and how much to bid. 🙂 You are the bidding for NCL upgrades authority. Like you I was torn on bidding at all because I currently have an angled balcony.

So thanks and I will let you know when the e-mail comes. hehe

• Like 1

So tough to give up that angled balcony. I really wish they would break out aft balconies and mini-suites the way they have done with spa balconies and mini-suites. I might be willing to bid to upgrade to that since it's a guaranteed bigger balcony.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

So tough to give up that angled balcony. I really wish they would break out aft balconies and mini-suites the way they have done with spa balconies and mini-suites. I might be willing to bid to upgrade to that since it's a guaranteed bigger balcony.

Mini suites have bigger balconies ? I thought same size as balcony rooms. I too have an angled balcony. Love em!!

11 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

Mini suites have bigger balconies ? I thought same size as balcony rooms. I too have an angled balcony. Love em!!

No no. AFT balconies and AFT mini-suites have bigger balconies. That's why I wish they were broken out into separate bidding categories the way spa balconies and mini-suites are.

27 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

No no. AFT balconies and AFT mini-suites have bigger balconies. That's why I wish they were broken out into separate bidding categories the way spa balconies and mini-suites are.

Gotcha.  Now makes sense. Me too 🙂

forgot about this place - just to update you I am from the UK and had booked a mini suite for our March cruise ( now finished boo!)

we bid £400 for a penthouse suite

we bid £500 for a 2 bedroom suite

We bid £600 for a haven  penthouse

we bid £800 for a haven 2 bedroom

all prices per person

all were rejected as expected as the cruise was full

but we did find out 2 people on our cruise were upgraded the day before so someone must have cancelled - we obviously had not bid enough to take their suite though

we still had a great cruise

1 minute ago, MrsTabs said:

forgot about this place - just to update you I am from the UK and had booked a mini suite for our March cruise ( now finished boo!)

all prices per person

but we did find out 2 people on our cruise were upgraded the day before so someone must have cancelled - we obviously had not bid enough to take their suite though

I assume a 7 day cruise?  Mind saying which ship?

4 minutes ago, MrsTabs said:

all prices per person

Hello. What is that in dollars? Do you have an idea. Thanks so much 

Received my bid rejection email yesterday for tomorrow's (3/16) departure on the Bliss. Our original booking was for a standard balcony room with 2 people on the reservation, category DB. Total cost was $2892. I bid $1620 each ($3240 total) for an aft Haven room. The bid was in the "good" range. I did not bid on any other rooms. I figured it was a long shot, since all the Haven rooms were showing sold out. Oh well! Looking forward to hitting Miami Beach today! We got in yesterday morning, so that we could get 2 full days on Miami Beach before the cruise tomorrow! Looking forward to it! 🙂

Edited by lonzwinery

On 3/6/2019 at 12:49 PM, Murgs said:

Hi. No mention from anyone receiving an upgrade offer for Norwegian Joy Alaska May departures. Has anyone received their e-mail yet.

I am waiting for these too.  I booked for 2020 (okay I am a bit over-eager LOL) and I would love to upgrade to the Haven but the pricetag was double that of the Family Balcony so I could not justify it.  I do want to see what the bids will be as I see a huge price drop for basically the same cruise this year.

I've seen a couple people say that they called NCL directly and upgraded for free or small fee due to drop in cruise price. If you do this after the upgrade bidding process, are you sent a new upgrade offer from your new stateroom?

10 minutes ago, HippoSail said:

I've seen a couple people say that they called NCL directly and upgraded for free or small fee due to drop in cruise price. If you do this after the upgrade bidding process, are you sent a new upgrade offer from your new stateroom?

I did.

4 hours ago, lonzwinery said:

Received my bid rejection email yesterday for tomorrow's (3/16) departure on the Bliss. Our original booking was for a standard balcony room with 2 people on the reservation, category DB. Total cost was $2892. I bid $1620 each ($3240 total) for an aft Haven room. The bid was in the "good" range. I did not bid on any other rooms. I figured it was a long shot, since all the Haven rooms were showing sold out. Oh well! Looking forward to hitting Miami Beach today! We got in yesterday morning, so that we could get 2 full days on Miami Beach before the cruise tomorrow! Looking forward to it! 🙂

Wow those seem like very good bids. Wow. Sorry. Enjoy her

7 minutes ago, Jachred said:

I did.

Oh cool. Congrats. We had received a free upgrade last week and I haven't see any new emails or anything on my NCL. The original emails for the bidding list my old stateroom. Not a big deal, happy to have been upgraded for free. 

4 minutes ago, HippoSail said:

Oh cool. Congrats. We had received a free upgrade last week and I haven't see any new emails or anything on my NCL. The original emails for the bidding list my old stateroom. Not a big deal, happy to have been upgraded for free. 

I had to go into my app and click the message icon... not from the email.

4 minutes ago, HippoSail said:

A free upgrade into Haven? Never seen that before 

23 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

You will most likely hear around 1:00 or 1:30 eastern time tomorrow.

FYI:

Got my denial at 2:33 Eastern time today.

I bid $210 per person for Spa Mini-Suite from regular balcony on Breakaway 3-17-2019 sailing.

1 hour ago, Devilla said:

FYI:

Got my denial at 2:33 Eastern time today.

I bid $210 per person for Spa Mini-Suite from regular balcony on Breakaway 3-17-2019 sailing.

I got my denial email also for Breakaway 3-17-2019 at 1:43pm.

I bid $1000 per person for Haven aft from balcony (BA) category.