What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

4 minutes ago, ajlurgio87 said:

Hey all! New here but I’ve been following awhile. Bid about a month ago on the Norwegian Getaway out of Miami March 10 (SO SOON!). Haven’t heard anything yet so I assume we didn’t get the upgrade. It’s about two days away. No biggie. Was worth a try! 

They say the rooms are assigned Tuesday so I would expect if it was not accepted then it won’t be at all. Will you share what you bid and what you bid on? 

Just now, SparklingBlonde said:

They say the rooms are assigned Tuesday so I would expect if it was not accepted then it won’t be at all. Will you share what you bid and what you bid on? 

Yea it was low. Hundred or so above the minimum pp, so I would assume it wasn’t accepted. It looks like they send out rejections. I’m surprised I haven’t gotten those. 

1 minute ago, ajlurgio87 said:

Yea it was low. Hundred or so above the minimum pp, so I would assume it wasn’t accepted. It looks like they send out rejections. I’m surprised I haven’t gotten those. 

I believe rejections come 48 hours before sailing so maybe sometime today. 

On 3/5/2019 at 7:29 PM, Budget Queen said:

You are missing a very vital point. You do NOT know,  how much this poster paid.   Bids acceptance,  is going to based on the Total,   cruise price.     It's brilliant marketing,   because,  people focus on the bid amount.   Completely forgetting to add what they already paid.  

She did mention what she paid, yes. My comment was based off of that. To get into the amount already paid, technically, the cabin I originally had was a higher category therefore I'm positive I paid more to begin with. Not at all complaining, and I'm currently enjoying my cruise as I type this, but thought I'd give my two cents. 

• Like 1

Do they send out upgrade offers on Suites that show no availability to have a backup in  case the people cancel at the last minute and they don't want the Suite to sail empty?

We are in a DOS on Star, and received an offer to upgrade to Garden Villa, but the GV's have been booked for a year.

1 hour ago, benzygirl said:

Do they send out upgrade offers on Suites that show no availability to have a backup in  case the people cancel at the last minute and they don't want the Suite to sail empty?

We are in a DOS on Star, and received an offer to upgrade to Garden Villa, but the GV's have been booked for a year.

Yes, remember they are also data mining 

Just wondering if anybody has experienced trying to bid and getting an error message saying "We are unable to process your request at this time...…"  I have a bid already in on a balcony for over a month now but for past week am trying to place a bid on a

mini suite.  I've tried several times, using a different browser, different credit card etc I didn't have any issues initially with the bid on the balcony, but for whatever reason it will not process the one for the mini suite.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated of if someone has had this issue - did you get it resolved and if so how?  Thanks

6 minutes ago, Sm81 said:

Right!?!? 🙂 I have looked so many times today in hopes we’d hear. 

My experience has been, once 5 days prior, once 4 days prior, and once 3 days prior.  All three received upgrade but also all three were not on peak sailing dates like yours.  If you look at availability for your ship it's sold out for this weekend so any stray upgrade would probably come on the very last day if there is a cancellation.  Enjoy your cruise!

16 minutes ago, x2tpd said:

Me neither.. so much for the Tuesday theory :  )

I believe the theory is they accept the bids on Tuesday before sailing. If you don’t hear it’s because your bid was not accepted and you will most likely get the denial email 48 hours before sailing. If you were bidding on the haven rooms they are almost all entirely sold out at this point. 

Just now, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

My experience has been, once 5 days prior, once 4 days prior, and once 3 days prior.  All three received upgrade but also all three were not on peak sailing dates like yours.  If you look at availability for your ship it's sold out for this weekend so any stray upgrade would probably come on the very last day if there is a cancellation.  Enjoy your cruise!

I think you’re absolutely right. Thanks for the info.

10 hours ago, SparklingBlonde said:

I believe the theory is they accept the bids on Tuesday before sailing. If you don’t hear it’s because your bid was not accepted and you will most likely get the denial email 48 hours before sailing. If you were bidding on the haven rooms they are almost all entirely sold out at this point. 

I had my upgrade bid accepted at noon on a Thursday before a Saturday sailing... so bids can and do get accepted right at the 48 hour mark.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 7:24 PM, x2tpd said:

Anybody hear about the Breakaway this weekend ? 

I still haven’t heard anything. I imagine it’s because I’ll receive a denial email tomorrow or Friday. Any luck for you?

5 minutes ago, Sm81 said:

I still haven’t heard anything. I imagine it’s because I’ll receive a denial email tomorrow or Friday. Any luck for you?

No nothing... I understand  what everyone is saying about the cruise appearing sold out. I don’t know if you watched it before than but it literally sold 40 cabins between 10 PM and 8 AM.  It’s possible I guess but seemed weird. Guess we will find out soon enough.  Safe travels. 

1 minute ago, x2tpd said:

No nothing... I understand  what everyone is saying about the cruise appearing sold out. I don’t know if you watched it before than but it literally sold 40 cabins between 10 PM and 8 AM.  It’s possible I guess but seemed weird. Guess we will find out soon enough.  Safe travels. 

I called NCL a while back when I noticed the cabin I was looking to upgrade too showed as sold out. The NCL rep told me I couldn’t upgrade to that room, but there were a few of those rooms blocked off for the bidding process. I’m not sure if I was given correct information or not, but found it interesting. Also, there are always cancellations, so some rooms can open up, even if it’s a sold out cruise. 

Thank you and safe travels to you as well.

17 hours ago, x2tpd said:

So Breakaway sails at 4pm on Sunday so I'm guessing that means we are guaranteed to hear something by Friday at 4pm?