What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

She put me on hold and said she would call tech support. She came back in a few minutes and said that I would get an offer to bid in about a week. She did not specify what the issue was. We will see.

Be sure to post back and let us know if you get the email!

Be sure to post back and let us know if you get the email!

Will do Jamie. Now it is the principle of the thing as to fairness of the folks in spa cabins. Don't take the opportunity away from us because some people don't read the fine print or Cruise Critic. I learn so much here!;p

I just called NCL for grins. The rep I spoke to first tried to tell me that there were probably no cabins to bid on higher than mine. I told her that a person on my sailing (on my roll call) is in a balcony (I am in a spa balcony mini-suite) and apparently she got on offer to bid on all cabins above her up to the to Haven Owners suite.

I told her that there are 7 Haven spa cabins available on the Getaway to book at this time on their website (October 14 sailing). I told her what you said about how it might be a technical problem.

She put me on hold and said she would call tech support. She came back in a few minutes and said that I would get an offer to bid in about a week. She did not specify what the issue was. We will see.

Let us know. My email said the same from the tech dept.

Just got notice none of my upgrades were accepted. It freaked me out for a second because it also sent me denial emails about higher offers I had made and then cancelled (so I got an email about every option I tried/changed). So I worried they didn’t get the cancellation notice and would accept one of my higher offers I didn’t want to pay anymore! I was kind of expecting it since we only did $500/pp which was poor but we had upgraded to a mini suite large balcony and are really happy with that/the space it gives us so I guess we will hang with the commoners [emoji6] (on the getaway this Sunday)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got notice none of my upgrades were accepted. It freaked me out for a second because it also sent me denial emails about higher offers I had made and then cancelled (so I got an email about every option I tried/changed). So I worried they didn’t get the cancellation notice and would accept one of my higher offers I didn’t want to pay anymore! I was kind of expecting it since we only did $500/pp which was poor but we had upgraded to a mini suite large balcony and are really happy with that/the space it gives us so I guess we will hang with the commoners [emoji6] (on the getaway this Sunday)

Those are the perfect bids. The ones where you will be happy if you win, or happy with your current room if you lose. Now you can put that $500 towards some fun excursions or on board spending! Or just buy some CruiseNext deposits with it!

Upped our offer to $200 per person from inside to balcony and just got the email that we did not receive the upgrade. Bummer!

Sorry it was bad news. They must have been pretty low on inventory for balconies, because $200 pp seems like a pretty decent bid. Had you been tracking inventory at all via mock bookings?

We are in a spa cabin and were given the opportunity to upgrade for one week but it was then rescinded. I had not yet placed a bid. I called NCL and was told it was a technical issue. It has still not been resolved. From the discussion above it makes sense to me now that upgrade offers are not being given to those with spa cabins.

We are in a spa cabin and were given the opportunity to upgrade for one week but it was then rescinded. I had not yet placed a bid. I called NCL and was told it was a technical issue. It has still not been resolved. From the discussion above it makes sense to me now that upgrade offers are not being given to those with spa cabins.

Actually the fact that you did get the banner to bid does make sense that it is a tech issue. They've had tech issues before.

When the program first started up on one of our cruises they lost all the data that people put in to bid and we had to rebid all over.

We got an email telling us that they had the tech issue of data loss and we needed to rebid to be sure we had a chance.

So perhaps everyone in spa cabins will find they get a chance to bid anyway. I hope so. I like the fun of bidding. It's the chase, not so much the actual win that intrigues me.

We tried for an ocean view for $55 and balcony $65 on the getaway for this Sunday. Denied for both [emoji22].

Sorry it was bad news. They must have been pretty low on inventory for balconies, because $200 pp seems like a pretty decent bid. Had you been tracking inventory at all via mock bookings?
JamieLogical...this what the bidding page looks like now. It went back to it's former format.Screenshot_20180729-115338_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6075dc44b1b035ec5fe1c9aeb109b0c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Screenshot_20180729-115357_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fbf6f17741f78c4221c59568e47e61cf.jpg

JamieLogical...this what the bidding page looks like now. It went back to it's former format.[ATTACH]425904[/ATTACH][ATTACH]425905[/ATTACH]

That looks very different from what I am seeing. I am still seeing the dials that show poor, fair, etc. with red, orange, yellow, and green. I wonder if what you are seeing is the mobile version, since that screenshot looks like it's from a phone?

That looks very different from what I am seeing. I am still seeing the dials that show poor, fair, etc. with red, orange, yellow, and green. I wonder if what you are seeing is the mobile version, since that screenshot looks like it's from a phone?
Yes it was taken from my mobile phone, but last week it was showing the type you have...lol...no telling!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I am confused. Never sailed NCL before so this whole process is new to me. I am sailing on Bliss in September and got the upgrade thing at exactly 80 days out. My confusion lies in the fact that everyone here seems to have an "offer" or a "starting price"? Mine simply said "Let's Get You Upgraded" and then took me to new window and invited me to enter a $$ amount for what I was willing to pay for an upgrade? There appeared to be no minimum or maximum amount so I simply entered what I would be ok with paying (which wasn't a lot). I am booked in the cheapest inside, simply because I have never cruised this line and don't want to spend a great amount on my first cruise with them. I bid $75 pp on an oceanview and $175 pp on balcony. I got a great rate when I booked as I booked so far out so even paying the amounts I bid would be significantly less than just upgrading straight out.

Is it normal to not have a minimum/maximum dollar amount???

I am confused. Never sailed NCL before so this whole process is new to me. I am sailing on Bliss in September and got the upgrade thing at exactly 80 days out. My confusion lies in the fact that everyone here seems to have an "offer" or a "starting price"? Mine simply said "Let's Get You Upgraded" and then took me to new window and invited me to enter a $$ amount for what I was willing to pay for an upgrade? There appeared to be no minimum or maximum amount so I simply entered what I would be ok with paying (which wasn't a lot). I am booked in the cheapest inside, simply because I have never cruised this line and don't want to spend a great amount on my first cruise with them. I bid $75 pp on an oceanview and $175 pp on balcony. I got a great rate when I booked as I booked so far out so even paying the amounts I bid would be significantly less than just upgrading straight out.

Is it normal to not have a minimum/maximum dollar amount???

That is definitely NOT normal, but another poster said they were seeing a redesigned version of the website. So maybe the new version doesn't have min/max bids anymore? I am still seeing the old version of the bidding site, so I can't be more help. Can someone who is seeing the new site and is familiar with both the old and new sites help out a bit more?

How do you get the upgrade offer? We have been on at least 7 cruises and was never offered an upgrade.

Typically people receive an email about 80 days prior to sailing. Some people never get the email, but can see the "Let's Get You Upgraded" ad on the main page of My NCL when they go in to view their trip.

Some people don't get the opportunity to bid and here are a couple of reasons why that might be the case:

1. They booked through a travel agency that does not participate in the Upgrade Advantage program.
  2. They are booked in a solo studio cabin, which are not eligible for upgrades.
  3. They are booked in a room that accommodates 4-5 passengers and none of the categories above them accommodate that many passengers.
  4. Currently (and supposedly only temporarily), those who are booked in Spa staterooms at any level are not eligible for upgrades.

Typically people receive an email about 80 days prior to sailing. Some people never get the email, but can see the "Let's Get You Upgraded" ad on the main page of My NCL when they go in to view their trip.

Some people don't get the opportunity to bid and here are a couple of reasons why that might be the case:

1. They booked through a travel agency that does not participate in the Upgrade Advantage program.
  2. They are booked in a solo studio cabin, which are not eligible for upgrades.
  3. They are booked in a room that accommodates 4-5 passengers and none of the categories above them accommodate that many passengers.
  4. Currently (and supposedly only temporarily), those who are booked in Spa staterooms at any level are not eligible for upgrades.

No where on the FAQ does it state that solos are not eligible. Single guests will be charged double occupancy, there was a post awhile back from someone who didn't read the terms and he/she was having a fit on the double occupancy charge

https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-faq

No where on the FAQ does it state that solos are not eligible. Single guests will be charged double occupancy, there was a post awhile back from someone who didn't read the terms and he/she was having a fit on the double occupancy charge

https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-faq

Single people are eligible if they are booked in a double-occupancy room, they just have to pay double their upgrade bid. But the solo studio cabins are not a part of the upgrade program.

1. Currently (and supposedly only temporarily), those who are booked in Spa staterooms at any level are not eligible for upgrades.

As noted in a previous post, NCL says it is a "technical" issue as to why those of us with a spa cabin have not received an upgrade notice yet. I was told I would get one this week sometime. No where I have seen says that we are not eligible at all for an upgrade. We shall see what happens. Still have not gotten an offer. Will let ya'll know if and when I do.

Edited by Seminole1975

Received our 80 day out email last week. Wondering do the minimum bids change as the cruise gets closer, either higher or lower? If so might make sense to wait?

Thanks

I bid early and just watched the prices and changed my bid if I felt necessary. I changed them quite often!