Just off the Caribbean Princess....any questions?

mcgratru

I hope people doing a B2B can access their rooms.

My thought exactly.

Something about that cruise card not working sounds weird.

Could it have been that it wasn't programmed correctly?

Maybe cancelled by a magnet?

Possibly the wrong cabin?

Sometimes when you touch the card to the door first & then insert it, it doesn't work. :confused:

We had no problem on the Royal

on our first embarkation day or during the B2B going or coming.....but, things do change.

A lot of disappointing info here. The wife and I are scheduled for a 14 day on this boat at the end of October and it sounds like we may need to rethink this as our final payment is due in a couple of weeks. Previously we found the buffets on princess cruises to be really enjoyable and to have a great selection varying throughout the cruise. It sounds like that may no longer be the case.

We did have a great time, but the frankly the food/buffet was awful and poorly presented. Appeared that Princess was having financial issues. True or not, I don't know. Dining room very mediocre. We always enjoy the buffet and the high quality of choices. Nothing was familiar...the usual things we look forward too. When asked if they are still serving "such and such", the answer was not anymore. Experiment gone bad. Not my opinion...it was the talk of the ship. Seriously, high school cafeteria food. Upside? Didn't gain a pound!

We were on 16 night B2B last year on this ship and the food was not good. To the point where we decided we probably would not sail Princess again. Went ahead and tried the Island in April and the food was fantastic. Almost like a different cruise line.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Just on today. Initial impressions. In good shape for its age. Crew very responsive and good. Ate lunch in MDR and food was very decent and hot when it was supposed to be! Coffee was decent too. But the AC in the rooms definitely problematic. AC fine in common areas.

Pooh.

Regarding the quality of the food, like beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder.

We have cruised on Princes 3 or 4 times each year for the past 15 years and from our perspective the food in the MDR has remained fairly constant. Some cruises are a bit better than others but, to us, we never have had a "bad" meal.

Again, that is from our perspective and we certainly would not argue with others who have a varying opinion.

There is an old, old Latin phrase, "De gustibus non est desputandum" which translates to: There is no disputing in matters if taste.

P&J

Roses2, we agree except the Caribbean Princess food experience is different than the others with the changes Princess has made as an "experiment". When I mentioned this to the Princess rep on the phone she said it is known as the "family ship". As two adults who paid full fair, we're not looking to order off the children's menu.

Did the Caribbean Princess have engine troubles causing the ship to sail slower? Did the ship return for disembarking on time? What time was that. Just curious as I had read something about slower sailing. Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Forums mobile app

Kendon

We shall see. We are scheduled to board August 25 for a BtoB.

BTW: Does anyone know who is the current Maitre'd ?

P&J

I just got off Saturday July 28th and the Maitre d'hotel was Angelo Balbiani

I’ve been on the CB often-including 2 weeks in April and 1 in May this year . I was so impressed that I’ve booked her again for 2 weeks in November. I found the food in the MDR very good. I only eat in the buffet on port days if I don’t dine ashore and I found that there’s always something that’s appealing. I wish I could say that I didn’t gain any weight but I’d be lying.🤷🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So the Salty Dog Grill is now charging for everything?

No polish/hot dogs/burgers/chicken sandwiches/brats/ or french fries?

No free burgers anywhere?

No, no, no. The Salty Dog Grill has a new expanded menu. Nothing costs extra except a big burger with lots of stuff on it.... it's 5.00. Everything else is no charge.

Did the Caribbean Princess have engine troubles causing the ship to sail slower? Did the ship return for disembarking on time? What time was that. Just curious as I had read something about slower sailing. Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Forums mobile app

We did not notice a difference in speed or any mechanical problems on our June 30th cruise.

I just got off Saturday July 28th and the Maitre d'hotel was Angelo Balbiani

By the time you get on this ship, hopefully there will be improvements in the food as a result of the many, many complaints. Enjoy! btw, we were on a cruise with you about five years ago...I remember ;)

By the time you get on this ship, hopefully there will be improvements in the food as a result of the many, many complaints. Enjoy! btw, we were on a cruise with you about five years ago...I remember ;)

They need more people to speak up when they're on the ship, not when they get home on the survey.

When something isn't right tell them at that time.

The last time we were on the CB the food wasn't that bad but from all the reports I've been reading it certainly seem as though it has slipped quite a bit.

They need more people to speak up when they're on the ship, not when they get home on the survey.

When something isn't right tell them at that time.

The last time we were on the CB the food wasn't that bad but from all the reports I've been reading it certainly seem as though it has slipped quite a bit.

I just got off of the CB and the food was great! No complaints! I mostly ate in the MDR for all meals. I ate the buffet three times only at Breakfast. The pizza and the salty dog were all yummy!