Drink packages .... not the typical question

TEGL

You can have water delivered to your Stateroom through Crown and Ancor (see Royal Gifts) and save yourself a lot of money. 12 1 liter bottles is $45, 24 is $85. Cruise Planner also has a bottled water package. The Refreshment Package is only a good deal if you drink a lot of premium coffees, juices and virgin drinks. Even with that package bottled water can to hard to find and they would not deliver it to my room unless I paid for the water on top of the package. If you drink soda or want access to ice water the Soda package is a better option and cheaper than the Refreshment Package.

Packages NEVER include drinks delivered by room service. Ice water is free all over the ship. No need for a soda package (which does not include bottled water).

why would you leave a tip when you are already paying an 18% service charge? to me that is the same as a tip.

I do not tip extra just for water but if it’s a mixed drink we do, staff is under paided and they application even a dollar tip .

why would you leave a tip when you are already paying an 18% service charge? to me that is the same as a tip.

"

Get the hell outta here."

Asking a bartender for a glass of water still takes him a moment to get a glass, add ice, fill it and serve it. Bartenders will not just pour water in your glass, they almost always will get a fresh one whether you are paying for the water or not.

I am referring to people who have NO package and just visit bars to get a glass of water for which there is NO charge and there is NO 18% service charge. It takes a bartender the same amount of time as it does to hand over a bottle of beer pour a shot or pour a draft beer.

bosco.

Edited by boscobeans

You can have water delivered to your Stateroom through Crown and Ancor (see Royal Gifts) and save yourself a lot of money. 12 1 liter bottles is $45, 24 is $85. Cruise Planner also has a bottled water package. The Refreshment Package is only a good deal if you drink a lot of premium coffees, juices and virgin drinks. Even with that package bottled water can to hard to find and they would not deliver it to my room unless I paid for the water on top of the package. If you drink soda or want access to ice water the Soda package is a better option and cheaper than the Refreshment Package.

NO beverage package includes drinks delivered to your room.

If you have the Deluxe package and order mimosas for breakfast with your room service, you will charged for them.

Packages cover drinks at bars and restaurants, NOT ROOM SERVICE.

NO beverage package includes drinks delivered to your room.

If you have the Deluxe package and order mimosas for breakfast with your room service, you will charged for them.

Packages cover drinks at bars and restaurants, NOT ROOM SERVICE.

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THEN BUT I DO NOW!! When it is your first cruise and pay for the package online it doesn't come with instructions. There was not a New to the Cruise briefing that explained how everything works on the ship.

While I can appreciate others have had different experiences and know the ropes better than others there is no need to be rude or snarky about it. The person who started this thread was interested in water and I was just trying to make some suggestions that might help out.

My next cruise is in October and one of my lessons learned from the first cruise was to make sure I had better access to water in my stateroom because that was a big problem for me. I also spent a lot of money on the Refreshment Package for two people only to look back now and realized we didn't even come close to breaking even. We used the soda cups about 90% of the time, no premium coffees, juices or non-alcoholic beverages. So for October I am buying the Royal Gift water package which will be delivered to my room and will purchase the soda package.