Royal Suite on Solstice - We just upgraded & I have many questions! Help?!?!

KT+5

Good evening!!

My husband, 2 teenagers & I are cruising to Alaska on the Solstice next week.

We were given the chance to bid for a better room. Our bid for the Royal Suite was accepted today.

I’ve searched all over these posts and have some questions answered, but this is our first time cruising Celebrity and many of the posts are from 2017 and earlier, so I’m not sure if anything has changed for 2018.

We prepurchased the Premium Beverage package, Internet package and the Photo package. The Premium beverage package and the Internet package are included with the Royal Suite. Will I receive OBC for what I’ve already purchased?

Is laundry service included? Daily? 1 bag?

Are there any other tips/suggestions you seasoned Celebrity Cruisers could provide? We cruise about 4-5 times a year and would not be prepared without this board! It’s my go-to travel guide!!

Kate

Hi.

My husband and I just cruised in a Royal Suite on Reflection in April 2018.

It was our first cruise on Celebrity. It wasn’t a bid upgrade but when we booked we originally booked a Celebrity Suite as that was the largest suite available when we booked. After final payment a Royal Suite became available so I paid the difference to upgrade to it.

We had booked and paid for two specialty restaurants before upgrading and since the specialty restaurants were all included they were cancelled and we were refunded back to our credit card. I am guessing your beverage and internet packages will be refunded to you the same way.

The Shoreside concierge should be reaching out to you to find out what you want for your in cabin beverage set up and can set up any specialty dining that you want to book.

We sent out two bags of laundry during our cruise and it was included. And I don’t think we were charged for the dry cleaning of one of my husband’s shirts either.

We really enjoyed our cruise on Celebrity and felt like we were treated like Royalty. The Royal Suite is a great cabin.

I’m not sure if they do this in Alaska but when we boarded in Ft Lauderdale they had a special area where we were whisked right on the ship.

If you have any tender ports you will have priority tendering. On formal nights, there is a special reserved seating area in the theater. They really go out of their way to make sure you don’t need or want for anything.

I wrote a detailed review with pictures which is linked in my signature if you want to take a look.

Happy to answer any questions you have. Like I said it was my first Celebrity cruise after many on Royal Caribbean so there are plenty of people who are more experts on Celebrity than I am, but happy to share any info I have

Have a great trip

Noreen

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good evening!!

My husband, 2 teenagers & I are cruising to Alaska on the Solstice next week.

We were given the chance to bid for a better room. Our bid for the Royal Suite was accepted today.

I’ve searched all over these posts and have some questions answered, but this is our first time cruising Celebrity and many of the posts are from 2017 and earlier, so I’m not sure if anything has changed for 2018.

We prepurchased the Premium Beverage package, Internet package and the Photo package. The Premium beverage package and the Internet package are included with the Royal Suite. Will I receive OBC for what I’ve already purchased?

Is laundry service included? Daily? 1 bag?

Are there any other tips/suggestions you seasoned Celebrity Cruisers could provide? We cruise about 4-5 times a year and would not be prepared without this board! It’s my go-to travel guide!!

Kate

You will need to cancel the beverage package and the Internet, it won’t be automatically refunded. Photos are not included.

I dont know how the bidding thing goes as it is very new. But here is the list of items that come with a Royal Suite. As the 2 items in RED come with all Royal Suites. I would say you should talk to Celebrity and have the 2 items credited back to your credit card.

The Royal Suite Experience

With spaces fit for a king or queen, our Royal Suites deliver on style and comfort. Separate living, dining, and sleeping areas provide all the room you need to relax in modern luxury. Enjoy VIP treatment in the exclusive lounge bar serving complimentary cocktails, craft beers and tapas, and savor mouthwatering meals in a private Luminae restaurant.

Personal butler service

Luminae-private restaurant
Michael's Club-exclusive lounge
Unlimited dining in specialty restaurants
Complimentary Premium Beverage Package

Complimentary unlimited internet
Private veranda with whirlpool and lounge seating
Marble master bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower
Priority check-in & early debarkation

Edited by bigbenboys
deleted spaces

Since you just upgraded and are sailing next week you might not hear from the shore side concierge. If you don't call the Captains Club (1800 760-0654) and ask for the concierge desk for Solstice. The Concierge can make dinner reservations pre cruise, they are included. They will also see that your preferred beverages are in the suite when you board. This includes 2 bottles of spirits, mixers, beer, water and soft drinks. You can switch the spirits for wine or champagne if you like. We also request a bottle of red wine for the suite.

Laundry is unlimited unless you take advantage of it and send out laundry from other guests.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

As others have said cancel the beverage package and Internet for a full refund.

I assume you only ordered the unlimited Internet for one or maybe two people. You will now have unlimited Internet for all four of you :) great for Im or WhatsApp to communicate around the ship

Sent from my Archos 50 Saphir using Forums mobile app

I am sure that the laundry is not unlimited. I read somewhere that it was twice a cruise but I am sure that the butler will make sure that there are no charges for this even if you do sent more than two lots.

When the suite life first came out laundry was listed as unlimited. After a short while it changed to ‘twice per cruise’. We asked our butler about this and he said they had changed the wording as one or two suite guests traveling with extended families in non suite rooms were literally sending in the full family wash!

In our experience we have sent in more than two bags and several items for pressing and never been charged. The ‘two bags’ wording is simply so butlers have a polite way of saying ‘no more free’ if guests do abuse the perk.

When the suite life first came out laundry was listed as unlimited. After a short while it changed to ‘twice per cruise’. We asked our butler about this and he said they had changed the wording as one or two suite guests traveling with extended families in non suite rooms were literally sending in the full family wash!

In our experience we have sent in more than two bags and several items for pressing and never been charged. The ‘two bags’ wording is simply so butlers have a polite way of saying ‘no more free’ if guests do abuse the perk.

That is good to know although it is not something we use often. Have had too many things come back a different colour over the years. We will send a few of my shirts as they always come back in good condition.

Thank you so much for the replies!! I did call Celebrity and they said they were refunding the drinks and internet packages back to my credit card.

The internet package was for only 2 devices, so we will just share. She did say that laundry service is not included, however, maybe if we just send 1 bag, we won’t be charged. People tend to abuse a good thing, ruining for everyone.

The lady I spoke with at Celebrity really couldn’t answer many questions. I just don’t want to spend time at the customers service desk trying to get refunded or credited for what was already purchased. She also said we had no OBC listed. Although the email we received said we each get $150. I would imagine I’ll need to call back before we leave to avoid dealing with it on our cruise.

We are really looking forward to this trip! Thanks again for all of the replies and suggestions!

Your best course of action for quick results is to call the # I posted for the Captains club. Tell them you are in a royal suite and would like to speak with the shore side concierge. She will get everything taken care of for you.

Kate

Kate you have duplicate perks: Premium Beverage package & Internet package. You need to call to cancel and get the refund. the Photo package it's not included in the suite perks.

Thank you so much for the replies!! I did call Celebrity and they said they were refunding the drinks and internet packages back to my credit card.

The internet package was for only 2 devices, so we will just share. She did say that laundry service is not included, however, maybe if we just send 1 bag, we won’t be charged. People tend to abuse a good thing, ruining for everyone.

The lady I spoke with at Celebrity really couldn’t answer many questions. I just don’t want to spend time at the customers service desk trying to get refunded or credited for what was already purchased. She also said we had no OBC listed. Although the email we received said we each get $150. I would imagine I’ll need to call back before we leave to avoid dealing with it on our cruise.

We are really looking forward to this trip! Thanks again for all of the replies and suggestions!

The internet package you get as part of being in a RS is for ALL passengers staying in the suite, not only two.

Other perks that are included for ALL are the beverage packages, premium drink packages for those of age and if under age, I believe they get the premium non alcoholic package. Also, complimentary specialty dining is for everyone too.

The suite perks given, which have been in place for a couple of years now and includes all suites from Sky to PH are for just the first two passengers (although 2 of the 4 are given automatically to RS's and higher)

They are the drink packages for 2, internet for 2, gratuities for 2, and $150pp ($300)

Thanks for all of the advice!

The Shoreside Concierge called and handled everything! The customer service is phenomenal. She took our room bar order, booked our specialty restaurants and credited me for the already purchased internet and premium beverage package. She also touched base with the spa to make sure they had our 4 massages scheduled.

We are anxious for our 1st Celebrity experience. Our daughters don’t know about any of these perks! They will be so happy to not have the standard cruise stateroom they are use to!!

Thanks again to everyone that participates on these boards to make everyone else’s vacation planning easier!

You should have internet for everyone person in your room, but each person can only have 1 device signed in at a time.

We were in a RS on the Equinox last fall for 10 nights, technically we were only supposed to get one bag of laundry + our Elite laundry perk of 1 bag each. We sent my DH's workout clothes to the laundry every day (mainly because I didn't want them stinking up the room!). Our butler took them and brought them back clean, we were never charged for laundry service. I think it is at the butler's discretion, so if you don't abuse the service, it's included with the suite.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

May I ask if you calculated how the difference between what you paid through MoveUp and the listed price for a Royal Suite for that sailing? Just curious to see how good a deal one can actually get on a Royal Suite via MoveUp.