Infinite Verandas - Who Knew?

vtcruising

Blimey! It worked.

Not sure if it was. common knowledge that the night screen is next to the infinite balcony window rather than the fold back partition doors. It rolls down electronically too.

80ed9064-8d3f-45f6-9a48-9b51a2d8ccf2.jpg

Edited by Esprit
Typo

45 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Blimey! It worked.

Not sure if it was. common knowledge that the night screen is next to the infinite balcony window rather than the fold back partition doors. It rolls down electronically too.

80ed9064-8d3f-45f6-9a48-9b51a2d8ccf2.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic...very dark with the screen...guess it's for sleep time ?  Has a very closed in feel...

I'll try to insert....Sorry it did not work....but there are pics out there that have been posted.  Possibly in this thread some place.The one I tried to insert is not new..

We will have bed by Inf Veranda in AQ class...going to be  fairly tight at that end of tge cabin...

Edited by hcat
Upload did not work sorry ...I did it once already not sure what went wrong...

On 10/16/2018 at 3:16 PM, hcat said:

Thanks for posting the pic...very dark with the screen...guess it's for sleep time ?  Has a very closed in feel...

Gratified to see the blackout screen.  Can get some good sleep.  WE'll have to wait and see how the screen can be used as a privacy screen

The chairs look like outdoor pipe furniture, that is all over Florida.  We used to have some of it back in the 90's. Our's was very comfortable, but we had cushions on the seats.  Hopefully some may be added before pax start sailing.

31 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Not sure if you have seen these, 47?

image.thumb.png.80ea4e1ed5f868914a6d540b2ebbf170.png

(Excuse the red arrows pointing to the closet)

image.thumb.png.74a9cc842957b1efcdcd895683896b7b.png

image.thumb.png.62d16c8c38dfcb0599e9b758c1b73f12.png

Thanks for these.. I had only seen the one I posted.  Pics show how  the bed placement gives  the area a much  less spacious feeling with the Veranda sort of sep ....but we I guess we  can see out to the ocean from it.. one plus.

Bed more comfy looking than the Veranda furniture...throwback to the 90s in Fla..as noted!

We may have to keep Veranda doors open to have more space for person stuck next to the Veranda..dh.

I much prefer the other configuration ( seems cozier)  and keep checking for bed by bath...no luck. We make final payment this week..

Excited about our cruise but not the cabin from what I see so far.! Hope I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks Vtcrusing and hcat. I have seen these three (3) photos.  However, I would like   to see the actual finish product photos of this Veranda.

I am also excited about cruising this new cruise ship. I liked everything to date of The New Edge Cruise Ship. 👍

Edited by cruise47

We are considering renting a scooter. Alas I booked a cabin earlier.... bed by bathroom. I hope we can get it into the cabin. We rented on for the first time on Harmony... similar configuration and it did fit inside the cabin... but the door to the bathroom was on the corner of the bathroom facing into the room.. vs the way it appears here... so... not sure where we will park this. I hate to end up paying more to switch cabins at this stage... guess we will see

kearney, knowing how organized you are, you probably have already done it, but if not, I would call or email them. I wonder if they would give you an accessible IV, if any are left or at least let you know how a scooter would work in your cabin. I'm sure you know how to contact them, but am including the contacts for others in the same boat who might not be aware of Celebrity's accessible dept. :classic_smile:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/special-needs

For more information, contact our Access Department at (866) 592-7225 (voice), fax (954) 628-9622, send an e-mail to special_needs@celebrity.com, or have your local travel agent or international representative contact us. 

VT beat me to it...I agree with her advice.

Do you need use of  the scooter in the cabin?  With bed by bath, would it clear the bed?  Where would it be parked?

I have seen scooters parked in wider parts of hallway or the place where  attendants leave carts... Maybe you should call ahead and ask about this issue to avoid any surprises.

Edited by hcat

Kearney, I would definitely call, because I’d think they’d move you to an accessible cabin, without charge. Also, if you can ascertain the dimensions of the scooter you might rent, perhaps if you posted them on Lloyd’s thread, someone on board could scope out the IV w/bed by bath for you. Good luck😊

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

kearney, knowing how organized you are, you probably have already done it, but if not, I would call or email them. I wonder if they would give you an accessible IV, if any are left or at least let you know how a scooter would work in your cabin. I'm sure you know how to contact them, but am including the contacts for others in the same boat who might not be aware of Celebrity's accessible dept. :classic_smile:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/special-needs

For more information, contact our Access Department at (866) 592-7225 (voice), fax (954) 628-9622, send an e-mail to special_needs@celebrity.com, or have your local travel agent or international representative contact us. 

I actually have placed a call to see if there is room. On Harmony the bathroom door faced the bed... so I could park the scooter near the door... but here to bathroom door appears to face the space between the door and bathroom. I have picked a few alternate cabin options... but I really don't want to pay the new higher rate than what I paid... so we shall see. hcat, you aren't supposed to park them in the hallway.... and after trying one.. I can see why... they take up about half... if not more of the width of the hall... making it difficult for others to pass. I am hoping that scooters were considered in the design. To be honest I worried about using them on Harmony... but it worked out fine... so fine... this is why we decided to try it again.  Just wondering a loud on this thread.

16 minutes ago, kearney said:

I actually have placed a call to see if there is room. On Harmony the bathroom door faced the bed... so I could park the scooter near the door... but here to bathroom door appears to face the space between the door and bathroom. I have picked a few alternate cabin options... but I really don't want to pay the new higher rate than what I paid... so we shall see. hcat, you aren't supposed to park them in the hallway.... and after trying one.. I can see why... they take up about half... if not more of the width of the hall... making it difficult for others to pass. I am hoping that scooters were considered in the design. To be honest I worried about using them on Harmony... but it worked out fine... so fine... this is why we decided to try it again.  Just wondering a loud on this thread.

Hi-

As long as you move to a cabin within the same category there is no change in your rate.  May I suggest going to the big box travel website and seeing what cabins are open? I find many E3s with bed by veranda and bed by bath available.  I count from the cabins with squares or triangles- those adjacent have bed by veranda.  I moved from one E3 to another without any problem. just call Celeb or your TA to make the change to your cabin of choice. Good Luck!

Yes I have been looking at available cabins. I am trying to stay near back elevator and the cabins I have found are a class or two higher....  I will say that there are still quite a few cabins available.... for such a special cruise.

Thanks all for the input... I went ahead and moved cabins. VT, after all the ruminating for weeks on if the davit would impact 6211... and then a move to 6209 to make sure it didn't.....  with the goal of staying near rear elevator.... Now that we will have a scooter.... location less of an issue.. will compel us to visit more of the ship... so now looks like we will have 7163. I am just waiting for them to confirm that the bed is in fact by the balcony.  I like the idea of an open area with the bed by the bathroom.... but I think allowing more room for scooter is a better idea. Also... this cabin is on the jut out area... so clear visibility.

• Like 1

Kearney..

Glad you could make the switch.

We  have AQ class with bed   by Veranda but are  keeping  our eyes out for the bed by bath which would be better for us..

.Maybe  closer to final payment one will open up..not even  sure we could switch then as we already made final payment!

29 minutes ago, hcat said:

Kearney..

Glad you could make the switch.

We  have AQ class with bed   by Veranda but are  keeping  our eyes out for the bed by bath which would be better for us..

.Maybe  closer to final payment one will open up..not even  sure we could switch then as we already made final payment!

I checked the big box website and there are quite a few bed by bath AQ on your cruise on 9 - 9257 is port and the closest open AQ to the elevators. No obstructions that I can see. It is the cabin below yours, though no bump out next to it.  Maybe some were released recently since final payment for this big box TA bookings was due this week (or at least mine for Jan 20th was due on10/8 so I assume your cruise was due 10/15). They are both A2's so I don't see why they wouldn't let you move down a deck, if  you wish. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Kearney, looks perfect! Bed by the balcony if the plans match reality, near the elevator, almost midship both horizontally and vertically and best of all, a great bump out!!! Congrats!!😃

That is why I made the switch... still near elevator... no obstructions... price same as E3 with davit and lifeboat possiblities... only reason I would have passed in the past is front elevator. Not no issues... So I think this was a good move. But for anyone thinking about Dec 16... 6209 and I think 6205 (no davit or lifeboat view that I can see)... also available... are close to back elevator... which is close to dinning rooms... are still available.. and both have bed by bath.. so larger living area when combining living and balcony. Just saying... special multiple perk offer right now I believe... just saying

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I checked the big box website and there are quite a few bed by bath AQ on your cruise on 9 - 9257 is port and the closest open AQ to the elevators. No obstructions that I can see. It is the cabin below yours, though no bump out next to it.  Maybe some were released recently since final payment for this big box TA bookings was due this week (or at least mine for Jan 20th was due on10/8 so I assume your cruise was due 10/15). They are both A2's so I don't see why they wouldn't let you move down a deck, if  you wish. :classic_smile:

BIG THANK YOU!

We  now have 9257....no bump out issue,  Cabin next to our old one on Deck  10 is now marked obstructed view..so although ours was not so marked,  there could have been some issue.   X could not  confirm bed by bath but I hope it is as you said,,,  Really a big plus for us!

LLP should hire you as her top asst...your are worth gold!

Have to let the cabin crawl organizer know about the change!  She has time to adjust the route!

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

BIG THANK YOU!

We  now have 9257....no bump out issue,  Cabin next to our old one on Deck  10 is now marked obstructed view..so although ours was not so marked,  there could have been some issue.   X could not  confirm bed by bath but I hope it is as you said,,,  Really a big plus for us!

LLP should hire you as her top asst...your are worth gold!

Have to let the cabin crawl organizer know about the change!  She has time to adjust the route!

I’m so glad those opened up- it must have been because of final payments. 

My big nightmare is that X will start alternating bed/balcony with the opposite ones so everyone will get the opposite of what they wanted. If that happens, my real name is Jane Doe...😊