Much difference between concierge and penthouse.

janecambridge

Having cruised in a penthouse and OC suite,we are looking at booking a concierge cabin.Purely for financial reasons.

The obvious difference is the butler and pre booking restaurants, but is there much else for all the extra cost for one week?

Thank you.

Having cruised in a penthouse and OC suite,we are looking at booking a concierge cabin.Purely for financial reasons.

The obvious difference is the butler and pre booking restaurants, but is there much else for all the extra cost for one week?

Thank you.

Primarily the size of the room and its' location on the ship. You may also miss being in the brotherhood of the Golden Key Cards. I had hoped that I was above such things....but I did miss it.

Concierge is regular balcony cabin with a few extras that some of us find unnecessary at considerably higher expense. If you're going on Riviera or Marina, consider an extended B3 balcony instead.

Ability to book specialty restaurants earlier, access to your cabin earlier on embarkation day, free laundry benefit, ability to have cabins above and below you to mitigate any noise issues and concierge lounge on O class ships are some reasons to book Concierge class. Just have to decide if any of these reasons are important to you.

On R class ships, the PH bath and additional space are worthwhile. On O class ships, even though the PH has more space, I much prefer the layout of the Concierge balcony cabin to the PH. The little table at the foot of the bed (in PH) isn't really useful and just generally gets in my way, and the sofa is tucked back in a dark alcove. Only real asset IMHO is the walk-in closet. The butler is just a nuisance to me. Booking restaurants 15 days later has never caused us to have difficulty getting desirable time slots for the restaurants.

I know others will disagree, and they should definitely book suites!;)

On our first cruise with O, we and two friends booked concierge balconies. We then took an upgrade to a PH and were instantly sorry. Yes, the extra space was nice, but the room was laid out all wrong. The table at the foot of the bed proved to be a menace during nighttime wanderings and was quickly moved to near the sliding glass door. Worse, though, was the couch placement. It was set back so that there was no good view to the water. On the outside end, there was a useless small window set too high for convenient viewing. If you enjoy the sight of the water, this will be very annoying.

We have sailed several times since then with O and have happily gone with concierge balconies each time.

It looks like a concierge it will be for a weeks Med cruise.The space isn’t a problem as we will be out the cabin a lot on a busy port cruise.The butler,I’m not fussed about for a week,nor laundry.

Thank you for your help.

Jim,you are funny.I know what you mean,after having OC suite gold cards! 😂

Any negative cabins in concierge?

Primarily the size of the room and its' location on the ship. You may also miss being in the brotherhood of the Golden Key Cards. I had hoped that I was above such things....but I did miss it.

That's hilarious! It sounds like something out of Monty Python!:')

Totally agree with su-arizona and shorefolks above, though they're speaking only about PH vs. Concierge on the two O-class ships (Marina & Riviera).

On R-class ships -- the rest of the fleet -- the PH suites are much better designed and furnished. Better sofa placement and view, plus no table/chairs at the foot of the bed to trip over -- or (for us tall guys) to end up poking with one's feet all night long.

Well worth the extra dough if one can afford it.

It is all about space. We did concierge once, and we were not happy. Penthouse is much better for us. I like to get up early and exercise. With the smaller cabin, I was disrupting my husband’s sleep. Butler is not an issue. It is all about space.

To answer your original question, I don’t think the cost differential is worth it. Nautica PH once (only because we were late signing on), B cabins are just fine. We don’t spend much time in the cabin except to sleep.

Respect your views - but the crucial note is “We don’t spend much time in the cabin except to sleep.” We, on the other hand, spend a lot of time in our cabin reading, relaxing and enjoying the veranda. We do enjoy the Concierge cabins, but on the occasions we could manage it, the PH was super.

Donna

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk