Port in Barcelona

ernieb

We will be disembarking the Explorer in Barcelona on October 29. Does anyone know which port Regent normally uses? I understand there are several and some can be quite a distance from the entrance to the port.

Also, our flight out of Barcelona is not until the next day. I suspect we will need to be out of our suite by about 8:00 AM. However, we would like to have a nice leisurely breakfast prior to disembarking the ship. Can anyone tell us how much time we would have for this?

We disembarked at Barcelona recently. You were expected to leave your stateroom by 8:00 but then we had a leisurely breakfast in Compass Rose. I’m not sure about several ports in Barcelona. There’s only one port I know of

I suppose you could say there are two ports but there is only one "Cruise Terminal". Normally the larger ships dock at the outer mole where the Terminal is and there are shuttle buses to the port exit. There are also a LOT - seemingly hundreds! - of taxis waiting at the Cruise Terminal when you leave it. Just take a taxi to your hotel or the airport. We actually ordered a car service but that cost us about four times what the taxi would have cost...

You can ask to disembark as late as 0900 but after that you have to be off the ship.

Regent usually docks in the inner harbor, but sometimes at the outer jetty. There is little differences unless you want to try to walk to town. Taxi cost from either are about the same.

J

Thanks for posting that link FlossieSue and Flossie David--indeed useful.

The cruise ship in the photo is Silversea's Silver Wind docked at the Maremagnum Port Vell (right next to our fav Barcelona Hotel (Eurostars Grand Marina) to stay at for Silversea or Regent cruise embarks.

Last July, we enjoyed staying again at the Eurostars Grand Marina. Tho not disembarking, we were embarking for a stunning 18 day Norwegian itinerary. We simply had the Grand Marina concierge roll our bags out the hotel's entrance about 50 yards to the Silver Wind reception area--and checked in. Easiest embark we have done in nearly two dozen cruises (about half on Regent and half on Silversea).

For our Voyager crossing a few years ago, from the Grand Marina hotel a taxi ride was about 5 minutes from the hotel to the Adossat Quay cruise terminal.

Regent usually docks in the inner harbor, but sometimes at the outer jetty. There is little differences unless you want to try to walk to town. Taxi cost from either are about the same.

J

Agree - there has not been an issue whenever we are docked in Barcelona. Even when we have stayed at a Regent hotel, we take a taxi to the port which is easy and fast (and helps us avoid the busloads of passengers that arrive at the ship around the same time).