C&A program outdated?

It’s really not all that difficult to determine who is a P, D+, and Suite Guest in the CL. Especially when almost everyone can hear them discussing their cruise history.

Most P’s wear there name tag (I didn’t say all). Some D+ like to wear their pins. P’s no longer wear their pins (for the most part).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pauline deals with the public in her job with the British Government,I deal with customers in my job so TBH we just want our own company on holiday and talk between ourselves.

Often we can't avoid chatting with other people but one thing I dislike is anyone bragging about how many cruises they have done.

Pauline deals with the public in her job with the British Government,I deal with customers in my job so TBH we just want our own company on holiday and talk between ourselves.

Often we can't avoid chatting with other people but one thing I dislike is anyone bragging about how many cruises they have done.

I try to picture how anyone would brag about their cruise history. Unless asked by another party.

I'm thinking sort of . "Hi my name is XYZ I've been on X amount of cruises. Are you having a good cruise?

I've never heard anything like that. While most of our conversations usually gets around to, people asking us "how many cruises have you been on?" It not a bragging point by any means. When you are on a cruise you talk about cruises. Seems logical to me.

When someone I don't know asks me how many cruises I have been on, I simply reply "a few"....or "I am not sure"...(which is true anyway. :confused:;)).

When someone I don't know asks me how many cruises I have been on, I simply reply "a few"....or "I am not sure"...(which is true anyway. :confused:;)).

That is fine.

But yet you list them all in your signature. Just as I do. Is there something bad about the number of cruises that I'm missing?

I try to picture how anyone would brag about their cruise history. Unless asked by another party.

I'm thinking sort of . "Hi my name is XYZ I've been on X amount of cruises. Are you having a good cruise?

I've never heard anything like that. While most of our conversations usually gets around to, people asking us "how many cruises have you been on?" It not a bragging point by any means. When you are on a cruise you talk about cruises. Seems logical to me.

Like I said we tend to keep ourselves to ourselves if we can.

Some people are introverts. To them the drink coupons, sitting somewhere alone works for them. That is fine nothing wrong with it.

Some people are extroverts and enjoy meeting new friends. They like to sit near someone and introduce themselves, and start a conversation.

From what I have observed, the latter is overwhelmingly in the majority. When the lounge is full the noise level is always quite high.

My wife and I are extroverts. We go to the lounge to talk to others. We don't "know it all" and have learned a lot from people that have cruised a lot less than us.

If we just wanted to talk to each other we could just stay home. We live in Sunny Florida. So the weather on a cruise dose not draw us. We live in a fairly large city so there are excellent shows to go to, good food is available 24/7. We like to gamble but can and do go to Biloxi or Vegas but we rarely meet lasting friends at a slot machine or the blackjack table.

Why wouldn’t it be fair to everyone if loyalty/rewards are distributed based on $ spent with all Royal?

Why not 1 PT per $1000 spent with Royal (doesn’t include Taxes, Port fees, gratuities).

I have no problem with your theory but not everyone pays for their cruises in $.

With currency exchange rates some cruisers will earn more/less points than others just paying for their cabin.

So nobody here believes many D+ have an attitude? Especially those over 350?

Some are. But the overwhelming majority are nice people

Maybe some of them are the ones that want the be alone? That does not equate to attitude

Speak for yourself, we love our free 'cheap' drinks, and actually spend a lot of time in the Diamond/Concierge Lounge on our cruises. We would never drink enough to make a drink package worth the money, but certainly enjoy a few free drinks each evening. My husband's favorite perk in the coffee machine in the Diamond lounge. He uses that multiple times a day.

My thoughts exactly. I only consume a couple of drinks a day and there are some days when I might not have any. I would never buy a drink package. I'm quite happy with the perks as they are and feel if people are looking for more upgrades they will make the switch to the premium and luxury lines.

My thoughts exactly. I only consume a couple of drinks a day and there are some days when I might not have any. I would never buy a drink package. I'm quite happy with the perks as they are and feel if people are looking for more upgrades they will make the switch to the premium and luxury lines.

Well said :)

The fallacy here is that you think there is "tone" in the written word. "tone" in the written word is created by the reader. It is you that has decided that I must be presenting this information with a certain tone, not I. .

Ha! That is either plagiarism on your part, or some internet, rote (look it up) response to "tone". I've heard the exact, same, word-for-word reply before. Get original.

I'm just posting in this thread. To change the thread. Realize Royal reads these posts.

And the only thing that might be in the works for change is stopping Diamonds from using the lounge. So don't kick the hornets nest or you might get stung. I was a Diamond for a long time and haven't forgotten.

We enjoy most company no mater what their C&A status.

The Suite lounge seems to be sparsely populated by C&A members almost all Suite guests. Even though Pinnacles are welcome there I see more going to the Diamond lounge.

Just my thoughts.

Some people are introverts. To them the drink coupons, sitting somewhere alone works for them. That is fine nothing wrong with it.

Some people are extroverts and enjoy meeting new friends. They like to sit near someone and introduce themselves, and start a conversation.

From what I have observed, the latter is overwhelmingly in the majority. When the lounge is full the noise level is always quite high.

My wife and I are extroverts. We go to the lounge to talk to others. We don't "know it all" and have learned a lot from people that have cruised a lot less than us.

If we just wanted to talk to each other we could just stay home. We live in Sunny Florida. So the weather on a cruise dose not draw us. We live in a fairly large city so there are excellent shows to go to, good food is available 24/7. We like to gamble but can and do go to Biloxi or Vegas but we rarely meet lasting friends at a slot machine or the blackjack table.

Like I said previously we are talking continuously to people all day in our jobs, Pauline 40 years for the British Government and myself 40 years in sales then Pauline spends 4 hours daily caring for her 96 year old mam who has late stage dementia so on holiday we like to chill out by ourselves.

So nobody here believes many D+ have an attitude? Especially those over 350?

How do you define "attitude"? How many is "many"? How are determining that their C&A Status is relevant to their attitude?

1. People, regardless of C&A Status, can have an attitude. The "D+" is unnecessary.

"Many cruisers have an attitude"

2. Attitude is a matter of opinion. What bothers you might not bother me, just as what bothers me might not bother you.

"In my experience, many cruisers have an attitude."

3. Lastly "many" is not a definable unit of measure. Is it half, 20%, 10%. Again this is subjective and a matter of opinion. There are thousands of members, even if I had met 20 who had what I considered an attitude, that would still not be many.

I can agree that "Some cruisers, I have met, have an attitude"

OR

I can agree that, "You have met D+ members who you felt had an attitude."

How do you define "attitude"? How many is "many"? How are determining that their C&A Status is relevant to their attitude?

1. People, regardless of C&A Status, can have an attitude. The "D+" is unnecessary.

2. Attitude is a matter of opinion. What bothers you might not bother me, just as what bothers me might not bother you.

3. Lastly "many" is not a definable unit of measure. Is it half, 20%, 10%. Again this is subjective and a matter of opinion. There are thousands of members, even if I had met 20 who had what I considered an attitude, that would still not be many.

OR

Good response.

To me everyone has Attitude.

Good Attitude or,

Bad Attitude.

Like I said previously we are talking continuously to people all day in our jobs, Pauline 40 years for the British Government and myself 40 years in sales then Pauline spends 4 hours daily caring for her 96 year old mam who has late stage dementia so on holiday we like to chill out by ourselves.

That is fine. Everybody has a different outlook on what cruising is all about. When someone asks me where our next cruise is going. I usually don't know. Some people book for specific ports. We like the uncrowded atmosphere of being on the ship most port days.

Cruising offers a lot of choices to everyone. Some relax. Some go wild. And everything in between

That is fine. Everybody has a different outlook on what cruising is all about. When someone asks me where our next cruise is going. I usually don't know. Some people book for specific ports. We like the uncrowded atmosphere of being on the ship most port days.

Cruising offers a lot of choices to everyone. Some relax. Some go wild. And everything in between

Then there are the ones who participate in Quest!

OR

First, I thought I previously explained this but let’s try a different way.

Pinnacles- I have never had an issue with a P member. All I have met and spoke too have been very pleasant.

CL - this limits it to Suite Guest, Pinnacles, and D+. We seldom frequent the Diamond Lounge.

Let me describe them. It’s generally for the most part easy to eliminate P’s as many wear the name tag. These people show up everyday prior to cocktail hours. They stay until cocktail hours end. They don’t know their alcohol limit. They are loud. They talk over others. They are rude. They brag about their cruise history. They might brag about the last cigar they bought. You see the trend here. They continue to grow obnoxious each evening, the more they drink, the louder they get. They complain loudly when something they like on the munchie bar runs out or something they like isn’t there. The ones on Serenade liked the blue cheese and when that ran out, they complained from their seat loudly. Making unnecessary demands on the Concierge and staff. Have seen this type of similar behavior on Freedom, Enchantment, Serenade, and Brilliance.

These were D+ members. Of course not all. Just a few. We have met a lot of nice and wonderful people in the CL including D+. Ask a friendly D+ member and they generally will tell you their group is the worse.

The Suite Lounges are much more pleasant.

Then there are the ones who participate in Quest!

Ha Ha. We did that for many years, now we watch getting to old to go running around. But I'm always there if a set of false teeth are needed.

First, I thought I previously explained this but let’s try a different way.

Pinnacles- I have never had an issue with a P member. All I have met and spoke too have been very pleasant.

CL - this limits it to Suite Guest, Pinnacles, and D+. We seldom frequent the Diamond Lounge.

Let me describe them. It’s generally for the most part easy to eliminate P’s as many wear the name tag. These people show up everyday prior to cocktail hours. They stay until cocktail hours end. They don’t know their alcohol limit. They are loud. They talk over others. They are rude. They brag about their cruise history. They might brag about the last cigar they bought. You see the trend here. They continue to grow obnoxious each evening, the more they drink, the louder they get. They complain loudly when something they like on the munchie bar runs out or something they like isn’t there. The ones on Serenade liked the blue cheese and when that ran out, they complained from their seat loudly. Making unnecessary demands on the Concierge and staff. Have seen this type of similar behavior on Freedom, Enchantment, Serenade, and Brilliance.

These were D+ members. Of course not all. Just a few. We have met a lot of nice and wonderful people in the CL including D+. Ask a friendly D+ member and they generally will tell you their group is the worse.

The Suite Lounges are much more pleasant.

Seems to me that you should look for a more upscale high end cruise line. It seems like you are a medical professional so budget shouldn't be an item. I think you would enjoy that. And I'm not saying this to be a "smarta$$"

I'm sure sometimes I talk loud especially when there is a lot of background noise. My hearing is not the greatest. I've raced cars professionally, and in my later years I've worked in an engine room. So the word "What" is frequently used in my conversation. LOL

Seems to me that you should look for a more upscale high end cruise line. It seems like you are a medical professional so budget shouldn't be an item. I think you would enjoy that. And I'm not saying this to be a "smarta$$"

I'm sure sometimes I talk loud especially when there is a lot of background noise. My hearing is not the greatest. I've raced cars professionally, and in my later years I've worked in an engine room. So the word "What" is frequently used in my conversation. LOL

I’m retired. I believe the Suite Lounge has worked to our benefit. My hearing is less than stellar as well.