C&A program outdated?

When someone I don't know asks me how many cruises I have been on, I simply reply "a few"....or "I am not sure"...(which is true anyway. :confused:;)).
New cruisers ask about the pin, usually in the elevator. We give a simple answer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Seems to me that you should look for a more upscale high end cruise line. It seems like you are a medical professional so budget shouldn't be an item. I think you would enjoy that. And I'm not saying this to be a "smarta$$"

I'm sure sometimes I talk loud especially when there is a lot of background noise. My hearing is not the greatest. I've raced cars professionally, and in my later years I've worked in an engine room. So the word "What" is frequently used in my conversation. LOL

I wanted to also add, I think we are exactly the cruisers that Royal has a high interest in. We enjoy our experience on Royal. The SL/CK enhances our experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wanted to also add, I think we are exactly the cruisers that Royal has a high interest in. We enjoy our experience on Royal. The SL/CK enhances our experience.

As it does ours as PC members.

New cruisers ask about the pin, usually in the elevator. We give a simple answer.

I am realizing that my wife is right and don't pay attention to my surroundings. I wouldn't notice half the behaviors others have mentioned, or a pin. If you mean the Name Tag type one, I have an experience with that. On a cruise, I once asked a Pinnacle member if I could get more coffee in the main dining room. He was in a suit walking past my table, and I though he was like a head waiter. Luckily he laughed, and explained it to me. In retrospect his age should have been a clue. So John please don't be mad if I ask you what deck the spa is on.

First, I thought I previously explained this but let’s try a different way.

Let me describe them. It’s generally for the most part easy to eliminate P’s as many wear the name tag. These people show up everyday prior to cocktail hours. They stay until cocktail hours end. They don’t know their alcohol limit. They are loud. They talk over others. They are rude. They brag about their cruise history. They might brag about the last cigar they bought. You see the trend here. They continue to grow obnoxious each evening, the more they drink, the louder they get. They complain loudly when something they like on the munchie bar runs out or something they like isn’t there. The ones on Serenade liked the blue cheese and when that ran out, they complained from their seat loudly. Making unnecessary demands on the Concierge and staff. Have seen this type of similar behavior on Freedom, Enchantment, Serenade, and Brilliance.

These were D+ members. Of course not all. Just a few. We have met a lot of nice and wonderful people in the CL including D+. Ask a friendly D+ member and they generally will tell you their group is the worse.

The Suite Lounges are much more pleasant.

ME I have no doubt you have seen these things happen, and that they bother you. You have every right to your opinion and experience, but you seem to want all of us to agree with you.

The things you mention like being loud, obnoxious, demanding, and short with crew members, have all happened on cruises I've been on. However, it was not only or always Diamond members doing it. I have witnessed this all over the ship. The other thing is they don't bother me at all "Not my pig Not my Farm". As hard as it may be for you to believe, if we were together on a ship and someone threw a dish because it was out of blue cheese, I wouldn't care (unless it hit me). My wife would be solidly in your camp. I drew her ire in the main show room one time. A couple sitting in front of us were in an argument. At a point the woman turned around and said are you enjoying listening to us. To which I uttered those now infamous words "Lady I just barely care if you spontaneously combust, because I might get singed." Now my wife is mad at me. Last time I ever said that to anyone, wasn't worth the trouble. Now I go with the wife approved "I don't care about you in the least." Anyhow, point is what bothers you a lot, might not even register with me.

I'm not saying it shouldn't bother you, it just doesn't bother me.

I am realizing that my wife is right and don't pay attention to my surroundings. I wouldn't notice half the behaviors others have mentioned, or a pin. If you mean the Name Tag type one, I have an experience with that. On a cruise, I once asked a Pinnacle member if I could get more coffee in the main dining room. He was in a suit walking past my table, and I though he was like a head waiter. Luckily he laughed, and explained it to me. In retrospect his age should have been a clue. So John please don't be mad if I ask you what deck the spa is on.
I look like a waiter when wearing my white dinner jacket. No offense taken. I might go get it for you.

Some people should sail on Cunard or luxury lines, but they won’t, as it will be boring... no feeling of being a big fish. Such conversations would only invoke a smile.

Ha! That is either plagiarism on your part, or some internet, rote (look it up) response to "tone". I've heard the exact, same, word-for-word reply before. Get original.

If that is the case, then maybe I've heard it as well and don't honestly recall. That doesn't make in untrue however. And since this is a message board and not a term paper, I'm not losing sleep over inadequate reference citation.

But I just searched and couldn't find it. So, if you want to accuse me of lifting something you've heard before, please point out where and I will review.

Of course..... the post suggested we would enjoy ourselves more on another cruise line.

The saying Grass is Greener on the other side is not true.

RC are the best and you are getting what you deserve because of the premium you pay for your Suite.

If that is the case, then maybe I've heard it as well and don't honestly recall. That doesn't make in untrue however. And since this is a message board and not a term paper, I'm not losing sleep over inadequate reference citation.

But I just searched and couldn't find it. So, if you want to accuse me of lifting something you've heard before, please point out where and I will review.

We all glean our Knowledge from someone and somewhere.

I'm just posting in this thread. To change the thread. Realize Royal reads these posts.

And the only thing that might be in the works for change is stopping Diamonds from using the lounge. So don't kick the hornets nest or you might get stung. I was a Diamond for a long time and haven't forgotten.

We enjoy most company no mater what their C&A status.

The Suite lounge seems to be sparsely populated by C&A members almost all Suite guests. Even though Pinnacles are welcome there I see more going to the Diamond lounge.

Just my thoughts.

This. This is the kind of comment that has be scratching my head. You are a Pinnacle, so you have been an exceptional customer to Royal and an exceptionally valuable one. Yet this reflects the odd frame of mind I see so much around here. Almost a fear of Royal doing something that will hurt you or diminish the experience. It sounds like you're in "1984" and talking about "Big Brother"....... "We must say only good things about Our Leader". "Do not anger Our Leader", "We must love and appreciate Our Leader".....

I know, that's a bit extreme, but it's kinda how it sounds.....

We all glean our Knowledge from someone and somewhere.

I TOTALLY agree! I have no recollection of reading these words anywhere, but the poster to which I was replying was all worked up about my supposed "plagiarism". If someone wants to accuse me of that, first, lets have it be in a forum where that's actually a thing, like a collegiate paper or public speech. Second, give me a source and not "that sounds so reasonable, I think I've heard it before"!

This. This is the kind of comment that has be scratching my head. You are a Pinnacle, so you have been an exceptional customer to Royal and an exceptionally valuable one. Yet this reflects the odd frame of mind I see so much around here. Almost a fear of Royal doing something that will hurt you or diminish the experience. It sounds like you're in "1984" and talking about "Big Brother"....... "We must say only good things about Our Leader". "Do not anger Our Leader", "We must love and appreciate Our Leader".....

I know, that's a bit extreme, but it's kinda how it sounds.....

Shhh they'll hear you.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

This is truly a non-judgemental question, but why wear the pin? I could see that on a cruise with a 100+ Pinnacles that would probably help the staff identify you and might lead to better service, but on a typical cruise with a handful of Pinnacles. I would think the LA, Concierges, etc. have your names on a list and as soon as they meet you will immediately make a mental note. I would never bother to put something on that I would have to put on different items of clothing, Just too much bother for me. I wear two pieces of jewelry, my wedding ring, and my watch and apparently, I am too absent minded to put my watch on as I left my Apple Watch at home this morning. I sure as heck could not add another item successfully to my daily things to put on carry, etc. Again, that is just me.

JC

This is truly a non-judgemental question, but why wear the pin? I could see that on a cruise with a 100+ Pinnacles that would probably help the staff identify you and might lead to better service, but on a typical cruise with a handful of Pinnacles. I would think the LA, Concierges, etc. have your names on a list and as soon as they meet you will immediately make a mental note. I would never bother to put something on that I would have to put on different items of clothing, Just too much bother for me. I wear two pieces of jewelry, my wedding ring, and my watch and apparently, I am too absent minded to put my watch on as I left my Apple Watch at home this morning. I sure as heck could not add another item successfully to my daily things to put on carry, etc. Again, that is just me.

JC

I’ve seen people who thought that cruisers with a pin were staff members. More than once.

JC

Laura likes me to......

Somehow this thread has morphed into a lounge thread....

We are not Pinnicle and will never make it there unless we win the lottery. We will make it it to 350 though.

We like the lounge and prefer when we can be in the suite lounge as D+. The atmosphere is better usually. We go to meet people and enjoy conversation prior to dinner. I also prefer to get drinks in the lounge as we don’t have to stand in line, use our card, sign etc. We are served at our seat which I like....not to be snobby but I serve others in my job all day so I enjoy on vacation being served. We are always polite and never complain. Those who do are a bore.

I enjoy hearing about others cruises as long as it’s not in a bragging way. I’ve picked up a few tips here and there.

If I had a Pinnicle pin I’d wear it with pride. You can do it with class and kindness. I’ve found most of you to be quite nice!

I hope RCL doesn’t take away any more perks as we enjoy what we have and if they are listening even more would be better. The little things do mean a lot to us. Water, soda, wine in our room.....free evening drinks, free pictures, reserved seating, these things cost the cruise line very little. I’d also like some booking perks back. Can’t remember the last time we actually got a balcony discount and the BoGo first night dinner is meaningless now that everyone can do it.