Getting credit for past cruises

lindiloo65

If you have some proof of sailing, ie: boarding pass, cabin key, or even something like the boarding photo showing the ships name and date, they'll usually give you credit for the voyage. You can call Carnival Guests Services, and ask 'em.

"SKY"

I had our 1999 honeymoon cruise added and didn't need any kind of proof. The only thing was I knew the date and the ship we were on and they gave us credit for that cruise. No proof needed other than that.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a cruise from 1978. It was my first cruise on Carnival on the Carnivale. . It took me til 2017 to verify this cruise.

I was able to give them information about when we left, where we went, who my roommate was, that our lock broke on our cabin door and they moved us to an oceanview cabin.

It only took 2 days and I received the 7 additional days to my cruise days total.

http://www.carnival.com/bookedguest/cruisereview/reviewcruises

Booking number (optional), ship (optional), sail date (required)

OP's point is that for cruises prior to some point in the 1990s, Carnival doesn't have or can't search computerized records of past cruises. OP will to follow SkyMaster's advice and provide evidence of any prior cruises.

I am going to try this. There are 3 cruises that we didn't know could get credit for (maybe?) Took cruises 1st: 1987 and then 1994 and 1997. Remembered the date and ship name. Being young didn't think it would matter to get credit for those. Now, Our first cruise sold for scrap. So, I am not going to be surprised if I don't get credit. Next question, does hubby need to sign up for his own VIFP #? As well, as our kids?

We had cruises in 1987 and 1991 that were not credited. The first time I contacted Carnival, they asked for proof with a picture, booking number, or ticket. I couldn't find all of the paperwork easily so I didn't do anything at the time. Several years later, I contacted Carnival again and told them the ships, the dates we departed and the destinations. I even mentioned a parade in downtown Miami that we saw before we left and within 24 hours, we were credited.

I am going to try this. There are 3 cruises that we didn't know could get credit for (maybe?) Took cruises 1st: 1987 and then 1994 and 1997. Remembered the date and ship name. Being young didn't think it would matter to get credit for those. Now, Our first cruise sold for scrap. So, I am not going to be surprised if I don't get credit. Next question, does hubby need to sign up for his own VIFP #? As well, as our kids?

Each person needs his/her own VIFP number.

For our first cruise in 1999, we were automatically assigned a VIFP# by Carnival. I don't know when they started assigning the numbers but more than likely, it was before you took your first cruise. If your husband was on your first cruise with you, he should already have a number. If your kids have cruised with you, they should too.

Call Carnival. They can tell you if they have numbers and what they are. Then add them to your account online.

• 5 years later...
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, alberta41 said:

I'm curious as well as I know we had a cruise in 1999 but I do not have any proof. Just the name of ship

I'm wondering if you could get a credit card statement that showed your Carnival cruise purchase? Did you use a travel agent?  If so, their records could help.  Did you search your email for Carnival responses?  Or pictures from that cruise might help. Just trying to think what I would do...good luck!!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Thanks 1

I got credit for a 1989 cruise on the original Mardi Gras. They needed something that proved you were on the ship. After searching through pictures at my parents house, I finally found a picture that showed the date from when we were boarding the ship. Founds lots of other pictures too (including of Carnival's resort in Nassau (the Crystal Palace), now long gone) that we went to for an excursion, but only the embarkation picture had the date.

• Like 1

i got credit for all my cruises- faxed over copies of embarkation photos (1982, 1983, 1984 (2 cruises) and was credited within 24 hrs- our boarding passes were pieces of paper- (3 carbon copies) and you could barely read the print on the 2nd & 3rd copy-

On 3/4/2024 at 4:41 PM, dctravel said:

I got credit for a 1989 cruise on the original Mardi Gras. They needed something that proved you were on the ship. After searching through pictures at my parents house, I finally found a picture that showed the date from when we were boarding the ship. Founds lots of other pictures too (including of Carnival's resort in Nassau (the Crystal Palace), now long gone) that we went to for an excursion, but only the embarkation picture had the date.

It was many years ago, but we had a Tropicale cruise (1989?) that didn’t show up on our list of past cruises.  I think all we had was the sail date and a carnival photo of us at the captain’s party.  The photo had the ship name stenciled in the corner.  We provided that information to Carnival and they added it to our past cruises.