Bahamas cruise (Orlando question)

Hi all

We have just booked up RC cruise to the Bahamas,

One stop is Orlando - Does anyone recommend any excursions for Orlando? is it possible to do one of the parks such as Universal or Disney in the time frame?

Thanks in advance

R+S

You will get many opinions on that question. I say "yes", as long as you set your expectations appropriately. You will be limited in how many rides you can go on.

It also depends on when you are there. Certain days of the week and days of the year are less crowded than others.

We are stopping there in 2 weeks. We decided not to do any of the parks that day.. from what I have researched it is an hour to 1.5 hour each way to Disney. At 120 pp per day, not worth the 4 to 5 hours that we would be in there

Due to transportation time and amount of time in a park, I would not recommend it. I think the Kennedy Space Center or spending time on the beach would be a better use of time.

Hi all

One stop is Orlando - Does anyone recommend any excursions for Orlando? is it possible to do one of the parks such as Universal or Disney in the time frame?

Thanks in advance

R+S

No...it's a waste of money to try either of the parks during a port stop. Save Disney and Universal for a land vacation. You will need about 10 days to do both Disney's parks and Universal...that will give you a day to relax at your hotel at some point...you will need a "day off"!

Hi all

Thanks in advance

R+S

Also ask this in the Florida Departures forum, you will get more ideas: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

As an Orlando resident, you won't get the value for your money, even if you know a Disney CM or Universal TM and get comp'd in. Your in-parks time would be extremely limited, and personally, I'd spend all my time in the parks worrying about one accident on 528 causing me to miss the ship (it can happen; 528 is only 2 lanes in each direction, I almost missed the Falcon Heavy launch because of accidents).

As been said above, go see the Kennedy Space Center. You can arrange really cool tours in advance where you might be able to see the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) and even some of the most historic launch pads. Plus, the exhibits there are really good, as are both IMAX movies. Well worth your time. Be sure also to check launch schedules; you may be lucky enough to catch a rocket launch up close and personal!

As usual, I'm going to go against the flow and say MAYBE. A lot of it will depend on how much hustle you have, and whether you've been to Disney before. If you haven't, it's probably not worth it. There's too much to see and do, to squeeze it all in.

Every time we've been on a ship that's stopped at PC, we've rented a car and made the trip to Disney (wouldn't ever do the excursion, I like to be on my own schedule). Have been happy we did it EVERY TIME. We have various reasons to do it. One time we had family at the park, so we got to spend a couple hours with them. We have certain rides we like to ride, and always manage to get those in.