Limit on Seapass card for Kids

Can you set a spending limit for your kids on their seapass card? If so, how do you do it?

Go to Guest Services. Be sure to ask them if the spending limit applies to the arcade.

How old are the kids? If they are very young, they do not need to be, nor should they be, out and about on their own. If they are old enough to do things without you, they are old enough to stick to whatever budget you tell them to. If you need to monitor then, they perhaps they aren't mature enough to be without you.

I was able to turn off my kids charging but it was not a popular move from the sneers I got from the guest services staff. They had the refreshmeng package so drinks were covered. After the fact I don’t think it was necessary. My kids are 14 & 17. I was a bit concerned they would lose their seapass cards & wow bands.

How old are the kids? If they are very young, they do not need to be, nor should they be, out and about on their own. If they are old enough to do things without you, they are old enough to stick to whatever budget you tell them to. If you need to monitor then, they perhaps they aren't mature enough to be without you.

Omg

Well my daughter is 9 so she won't be charging anything on her own and I can assure you she is never out and about on her own. I was asking for someone else. But thanks for the parenting advice.

Yes, you can set a limit, but I've read that the limit may not apply to arcade purchases. This could be a ship specific thing.

The last time we took our grandson on RCL we set a daily limit on the card, but found out (the hard way) that it didn't prevent him from "reloading" his card in the arcade once the arcade credits that he got from C&A ran out.

The last time we took our grandson on RCL we set a daily limit on the card, but found out (the hard way) that it didn't prevent him from "reloading" his card in the arcade once the arcade credits that he got from C&A ran out.

Do you recall the ship name?

I don't let my kids use my credit card at home, so why would I let them on the ship? My kids always had a soda package. There is absolutely nothing on the ship that they would need access to my credit for. If they wanted something in the store, they would ask me to buy it. They were happy with soda. Other than the arcade, what else is there they would need money for?

Can you set a spending limit for your kids on their seapass card? If so, how do you do it?
We just told them we wanted the seapass card for identification only. My kids could never use it for charging anything. Better yet if they lost it then no one else could use it either. This was on the Navigator a few years back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

When we asked to have our sons card shut off, it was no problem. But we learned the hard way, $75, that the arcade doesn't apply to the card being shut down......

At least ours was only $50, and since he was with us when we loaded the original C&A credits on his card, he really had no idea that reloading came with a $$ cost because he didn't see us put anything in the machine when we loaded it the first time.

I don't let my kids use my credit card at home, so why would I let them on the ship? My kids always had a soda package. There is absolutely nothing on the ship that they would need access to my credit for. If they wanted something in the store, they would ask me to buy it. They were happy with soda. Other than the arcade, what else is there they would need money for?

I do, as young teens they have taken my credit card to the mall to go clothes shopping, they also have my amazon prime and PayPal passwords. They’ve always been given charging privileges on vacations, and have always been given (tight) budgets. They know that they will be paying me back if they go over, and it’s never been an issue. At home, if they charge something, I’m getting my money back. I also leave my wallet out, and trust them not to steal from me.

When out children were younger, we also shut off their charging privileges. Not because we didn't trust them, but because we were more worried if they lost the card. Once they were 12ish we left them on but they knew they had to approve any charges by us first. Easy to accomplish at guest services.

Wow. So you're "that guy!" Good to know I guess.

I know adults who can't stick to their own budget, so I have a little trouble thinking you actually believe it's inconceivable that a teenager might stray from the plan. I think you're actually just being a d!ck.....