Allure 11/25/18 - category sold out - 2 questions

I have been lurking the website looking at cabins and prices. I started early this year and back around March or so there was no inventory for a regular OV balcony, only neighborhood balcony cabins were available. So I stopped looking for a couple of weeks and a whole bunch of OV cabins became available throughout the ship. Silly me did not secure any - so now I'm still lurking and (shocker) OV is gone again - only CP and large OV balcony is available which is about $250 more than regular. I want a balcony but don't care to pay the extra price if I don't have to since I rarely use it - I just WANT it. Our travelling companions also want one - and they will pay whatever.

So here are my 2 questions - what do you think the chances of those regular OV balconies re-appearing yet again - or - if I secure a large but find a regular would I be allowed to change (assuming it will be after final payment date which is August 27th) and possibly receive any sort of credit?

I am so mad - I had the chance to grab 2 great cabins near the elevators however I took too long.. fool. Not to mention how much cheaper it was earlier this year. I have 27 cruises under my belt - you would think I'd know better :o .

Thank you in advance and if you do respond please be kind. I'm mad enough! Thanks.

... if I secure a large but find a regular would I be allowed to change (assuming it will be after final payment date which is August 27th) and possibly receive any sort of credit? ...

No credit of any kind after final payment date.

There is a chance at final payment (next month) but it isn't something I would gamble on. If you have to have a balcony then I would grab something that is available now. If you would _like_ a balcony but would have no issues booking a non-balcony room if they stay sold out, I'd say you could wait until after final payment to see if any show up.

I have been lurking the website looking at cabins and prices. I started early this year and back around March or so there was no inventory for a regular OV balcony, only neighborhood balcony cabins were available. So I stopped looking for a couple of weeks and a whole bunch of OV cabins became available throughout the ship. Silly me did not secure any - so now I'm still lurking and (shocker) OV is gone again - only CP and large OV balcony is available which is about $250 more than regular. I want a balcony but don't care to pay the extra price if I don't have to since I rarely use it - I just WANT it. Our travelling companions also want one - and they will pay whatever.

So here are my 2 questions - what do you think the chances of those regular OV balconies re-appearing yet again - or - if I secure a large but find a regular would I be allowed to change (assuming it will be after final payment date which is August 27th) and possibly receive any sort of credit?

I am so mad - I had the chance to grab 2 great cabins near the elevators however I took too long.. fool. Not to mention how much cheaper it was earlier this year. I have 27 cruises under my belt - you would think I'd know better :o .

Thank you in advance and if you do respond please be kind. I'm mad enough! Thanks.

Have you looked/lurked at TA's websites. Many times RCL will not show all available cabins on their website.

The site I use to see available cabins shows a bunch of 2C cabins available. Cabins 7558 through 7604. There are others on multiple decks. I would call either your TA or RCI directly to see if any will work for you. Good luck! We are on that cruise in a Junior Suite.

Are you looking for 2 people? There may be quads available that you just cant see if you are entering a search for 2. Try entering a search for 3 people and see if any pop up. If they do you can try calling Royal and don't take the first persons response of "No". Ask them to check with their inventory department to see if they will release a room to you. The inventory department is who makes those decisions not the CS rep you call. Its how I got my father into a Junior Suite for our December cruise.

So here are my 2 questions - what do you think the chances of those regular OV balconies re-appearing yet again -

Given current trend, I'd say quite good. All sailings between 80 and 30 days out have some sort OV balcony (D category) available.

Biker, who would bank on inventory becoming available about 70-80 days out, but would wait till about 60 days out to book.

Thank you all for your responses.

Tag, did you see these cabins on RCI's website? And how do you plug in just a particular designation - 2D/4D?

I put in 3 persons for my search just now and yes quite a few popped up. Thank you Bruising for that suggestion.

When mentioning TA websites I know you can't name names but it has been about 25 years since I have used a travel agent for cruising..I wouldn't know who is better than the next. Besides what I do read here on CC is that you cannot make any changes if you have a TA as you are at their mercy for that. I prefer to be in control. HA! Look where that got me!

Thanks again I feel better after hearing from you all.

Thank you all for your responses.

Tag, did you see these cabins on RCI's website? And how do you plug in just a particular designation - 2D/4D?

I put in 3 persons for my search just now and yes quite a few popped up. Thank you Bruising for that suggestion.

When mentioning TA websites I know you can't name names but it has been about 25 years since I have used a travel agent for cruising..I wouldn't know who is better than the next. Besides what I do read here on CC is that you cannot make any changes if you have a TA as you are at their mercy for that. I prefer to be in control. HA! Look where that got me!

Thanks again I feel better after hearing from you all.

I use a TA and I have the flexibility to make allowable changes whether for lower pricing, changing my dining plans, etc. However, you can use the TA's website for info that is not readily available on RCL's and you do not have to employ the TA.

Have you looked/lurked at TA's websites. Many times RCL will not show all available cabins on their website.

That's because TA's reserve blocks of rooms which they then release unsold ones at final payment. It's not that RCI isn't showing available cabins. It's that as far as RCI is concerned, they are already sold.

We use a friend who does mostly corporate TA work, but does book for friends also. We have from day 1 booked the cabin we want and have only changed once and that was because we decided to upgrade on Anthem this Oct from a balcony to a Spa JS.

You also never know what might pop up. People cancel for a variety of reasons and sometimes right up to sail date. I've seen the RFS on GR pop up in the last couple of weeks before a sailing.