Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

10 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

I have to agree with you, nowornever. As much as I love the Central Coast of California, now is not the time to visit. We are still basically locked down and life in no way resembles normal. All event venues are closed. Restaurants just opened up for indoor dining a few weeks ago at very limited capacity. It is quite depressing. In fact, we are getting ready to go to Florida next week to celebrate our 45th anniversary and try to feel somewhat normal again. 

Good morning, when I said spring, I guess I should have said May/June......that is 2 to 3 months away.

Maybe it will be better at that time but I will take heart to your post. 

Where in Florida are you staying? I would be hesitant to come here since we have so little

rules😲.........be careful.

Speaking of Women, today is International Women's Day👍 Happy Day to us all😀

Well, now I know I need to visit Milan😀.....it is a part of Italy I have never been to............

After watching Stanley, I want to see that part of the country!

Next week he goes to Tuscany!

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Speaking of Women, today is International Women's Day👍 Happy Day to us all😀

Well, now I know I need to visit Milan😀.....it is a part of Italy I have never been to............

After watching Stanley, I want to see that part of the country!

Next week he goes to Tuscany!

we watched that too. schnitzel is one of my favorites. I order it on the ship.

5 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

I had never thought of it as an Italian Dish before watching that episode. I love it too.

14 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Chef Pia makes a great Schnitzel! 

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I had never thought of it as an Italian Dish before watching that episode. I love it too.

I know what we are watching tonight! I love the regional differences in Italian food that we are seeing in this series so far.

And yes, we love Schnitzel too. Was just reading about the debate on whether Wiener Schnitzel really did come from Milan, or whether the similar dishes just evolved in parallel. 

Taking some time off later this week for a quick trip to Eataly. We just couldn't hold out any longer!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, when I said spring, I guess I should have said May/June......that is 2 to 3 months away.

Maybe it will be better at that time but I will take heart to your post. 

Where in Florida are you staying? I would be hesitant to come here since we have so little

rules😲.........be careful.

We'll be in Miami South Beach at the Bentley (Hilton points). Not to worry--we are always careful and will not be hanging out with the Spring Break wild folk. And we are vaccinated. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather (not that our 63 and sunny is bad, I would just like 75-80 for a few days) and some long walks on the beach and the boardwalk. We'll be back in Florida in April for a road trip. Starting in Daytona Beach and heading north through Georgia into South Carolina to visit family. It's a beautiful part of the country that we've not explored very much. If we can't cruise, at least we have this to look forward to. 

13 minutes ago, TakingFlight said:

We'll be in Miami South Beach at the Bentley (Hilton points). Not to worry--we are always careful and will not be hanging out with the Spring Break wild folk. And we are vaccinated. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather (not that our 63 and sunny is bad, I would just like 75-80 for a few days) and some long walks on the beach and the boardwalk. We'll be back in Florida in April for a road trip. Starting in Daytona Beach and heading north through Georgia into South Carolina to visit family. It's a beautiful part of the country that we've not explored very much. If we can't cruise, at least we have this to look forward to. 

This am in south florida it was in the fifties but now its 70. Enjoy.

Weather is lovely. 

Spring breakers are not so lovely.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

This am in south florida it was in the fifties but now its 70. Enjoy.

Highs the two days before we arrive are predicted to be 81, 79 the day we get there. The lows are higher than our high temperature for the day. I wish I could be traveling to the Caribbean instead but I am happy to "make do" with Miami!

6 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Schnitzel is one of my favorites.

Having it tonight!

6 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Chef Pia makes a great Schnitzel! 

Yes she does!  Loved it when she made all her German specialties for Silver Princess’s 21st birthday dinner.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Having it tonight!

Yes she does!  Loved it when she made all her German specialties for Silver Princess’s 21st birthday dinner.

Stumble I love that you refer to your daughter as Silver Princess!  And your lovely wife as Silver Queen?  😁

37 minutes ago, mysty said:

Stumble I love that you refer to your daughter as Silver Princess!  And your lovely wife as Silver Queen?  😁

You are so good, Mysty!  As Jollyjones would tell you, I refer to my wife as DW.  But, as of this very moment, she’s getting a title upgrade to Silver Queen.  She has certainly earned it!  Thank you for the suggestion.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

You are so good, Mysty!  As Jollyjones would tell you, I refer to my wife as DW.  But, as of this very moment, she’s getting a title upgrade to Silver Queen.  She has certainly earned it!  Thank you for the suggestion.

And based on your perfect response you have earned the title Lord Silver!  May you reign with kindness! 🥰

5 minutes ago, mysty said:

And based on your perfect response you have earned the title Lord Silver!  May you reign with kindness! 🥰

Will he wield the Silver Sceptre? That could get confusing here at the Cooler...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Silver Queen is the name of a strain of corn grown here on the eastern shore of MD that is great for corn on the cob. We used to pig out on it in the good old days of summer at the beach..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Will he wield the Silver Sceptre? That could get confusing here at the Cooler...

No Silver Scepter for Stumble.  He gets nothing sharper than an elbow!  🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zqtchas said:

Silver Queen is the name of a strain of corn grown here on the eastern shore of MD that is great for corn on the cob. We used to pig out on it in the good old days of summer at the beach..

I really think Stumble would be more of the corn lad than Mrs Stumble (now dubbed Silver Queen).  😄The corn on the cob sounds delicious Chas!