The ideal Princess on board shop..........

Clampram

At one time they did close and some still do. 7-11s were originally open from 7 am to 11 at night, you see :) Thus the name. Remember it come trivia.

We call them 7 Eleven because the prices are 7 to 11% higher than a regular store!! :D

Ahhhhhh, yes....the good old days......

Yep, the good old days when buying something at one of the islands or on the ship actually meant you were getting it a cheaper price.

Today they're living on their reputation and some people actually believe their getting a real deal. :rolleyes:

Interesting thread. 3-4 years ago I remember receiving a survey from Princess post cruise that asked the same question. "What shops would you like to see on Princess and why?"

I am one of the guilty people, as we do buy things in shops every cruise. Has to be a good deal, so NEVER bought EFFY. Over the years we did get diamond ring (I LOVE it and wear it daily), Tag Hauer watch (less than amazon price for the same one, I looked it up right there) and some art (cant explain that one, but we do love our Karsnyansky piece).

As for what shops, I would like to see something kid oriented with puzzles, books, toys and rotating selection. They do have some items in the "general" store but they NEVER change and are of poor quality. At this point we own 3 identical Captain Bears :) Childrens clothing would also be nice, dont have to be a lot.

They do need to have a better selection of things you can take back for the grandchildren, that's for sure! I did buy a Citizen watch on board a few years ago, but did my research and knew exactly what it sold for in the US and used the first night discount and my Elite discount. I also got a blue diamond necklace on another cruise line a few years ago because the setting was so unusual (and I've still never seen anything like it). I do admit to having a slight bit of a coffee mug addiction and don't even get me started on my husband's ball cap collection! I'm also a sucker for a nice tote bag with a pretty design - I live in Florida so you can never have enough of those things. :cool:

I really hate that they have pretty much turned their jewelry stores into all Effy - that's really horrid. While I like their jewelry as a rule, I like having a better selection! There are a heck of a lot of designers out there I like!

I like Princess logo merchandise also.

Always get Hubby a Princess Polo shirt.

Always but a ship magnet.

Always buy my Chanel Perfume on the ship. With Elite discount Chanel is a lot cheaper on the ship than I can buy it at home.

It's really personal choice. If people want to shop that's their choice.

My cruise, My Holiday I'll spend money where I like.

That's my 2 cents worth. :cool:

THANK YOU! I didn't think of a ship magnet last cruise on the Golden Princess! Unlikely I'll be able to cruise again on her before she leaves the fleet-budget restraints-but have booked a 3 night round trip out of Sydney on the Ruby Princess.

I've already noted

• mugs-picture and stats
  • playing cards
  • pens
  • Princess Captain Bear
  • Stanley Stowaway Bear and outfits if available and affordable.

I'm budgeting carefully, the currency exchange seems to be the same as when I sailed in 2016, which is a great help to my budgeting.

They do need to have a better selection of things you can take back for the grandchildren, that's for sure! I did buy a Citizen watch on board a few years ago, but did my research and knew exactly what it sold for in the US and used the first night discount and my Elite discount. I also got a blue diamond necklace on another cruise line a few years ago because the setting was so unusual (and I've still never seen anything like it). I do admit to having a slight bit of a coffee mug addiction and don't even get me started on my husband's ball cap collection! I'm also a sucker for a nice tote bag with a pretty design - I live in Florida so you can never have enough of those things. :cool:

I really hate that they have pretty much turned their jewelry stores into all Effy - that's really horrid. While I like their jewelry as a rule, I like having a better selection! There are a heck of a lot of designers out there I like!

I'm with you on the coffee mug addiction, I mean collection. Two shelves in my cupboard are all coffee mugs. I'm a sucker for a good looking coffee mug. Starbucks seems to make a heck of a lot of them! I also like tote bags...who doesn't need a good selection of them for schlepping stuff everywhere??? I haven't made it to the Elite discount, but I'm sure I will get there! Onward and upward!

What I would like to see would be affordable incidentals you can purchase on-board. There is nothing like paying $12 for a 20 count of tampons on a cruise ship. (Mother nature can be cruel sometimes) Make it a state side pricing for sunscreen, aloe, advil etc. I try to pack everything I might need but apparently I under packed that last cruise.

There is one thing I absolutely must buy, and I rush to the store as soon as it opens so they won’t be sold out. What could this high priority item be? Why, a ship’s magnet of course! I only buy one if it’s our first time on a that ship though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums