The ideal Princess on board shop..........

Clampram

I went into the Coach shop on Oasis and right back out. I love Coach but buy mine at their Outlet store.

On the other hand, I did shop in QM2’s Harrod’s because there’s not one in our Outlet Mall and I love Harrod’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh I love Harrod’s too! When we were in London I could have spent all day there. I’m not a big shopper but it is just an amazing place like nothing I’ve been to at home. Fun to people watch there too!

I ❤️ Princess logo merch, so I’d love more of that. Expanding their offerings of regular clothes would be nice, too, in case you want something new or luggage is lost.

I agree with you. I always buy a blouse or tow when I am on board. I would like to see more tropical style clothing in the store, when doing a Caribbean cruise. I like the nautical clothing too.

RCCL served Seattle's Best at one time, Princess served a named brand ice cream for a long time at their ice cream location (can't remember the name now).

I personally would like for Princess to pick a brand of clothing (being Lands End, Champion, etc...) to create t-shirts with. I may buy some but the quality of the t-shirts/sweatshirts are so poor. I actually think having Lands End bathing suits is a great idea in the Caribbean.

RCCL served Seattle's Best at one time, Princess served a named brand ice cream for a long time at their ice cream location (can't remember the name now).

I personally would like for Princess to pick a brand of clothing (being Lands End, Champion, etc...) to create t-shirts with. I may buy some but the quality of the t-shirts/sweatshirts are so poor. I actually think having Lands End bathing suits is a great idea in the Caribbean.

That's how I felt about Lands End …..we love their bathing suits and I could see them really selling well

Land’s End styling might be appropriate for a good percentage of Princess’s current demographic, but not the desired demographic they are attempting to attract.

Lululemon would be in the desired demographic zone, but I really don’t need to see anymore “yoga” pants on cruises.

Land’s End styling might be appropriate for a good percentage of Princess’s current demographic, but not the desired demographic they are attempting to attract.

Lululemon would be in the desired demographic zone, but I really don’t need to see anymore “yoga” pants on cruises.

I don't think Princess knows who their target demographics is - I think they have had an identity crisis for years.

I just want a good quality product (t-shirts, sweatshirts, logo wear) and not cheap crap they put a Princess logo on.

I bought a beautiful t-shirt with nautical trim probably 10 years ago. Don’t remember if it was Princess or RCI. Haven’t seen anything as good looking or well made on either line since.

I bought a beautiful t-shirt with nautical trim probably 10 years ago. Don’t remember if it was Princess or RCI. Haven’t seen anything as good looking or well made on either line since.

We just did a History Channel tour of Oak Island in Nova Scotia and I bought 2 T shirts there. They are so thin I don't know what's going to happen in the washing machine

When I shop on Princess it's for souvenirs, key chains etc. or something out of the ordinary, like a nice Murano glass piece.

As far as Effy, I get pop-ups all the time for Macy, and I'm sure they're probably much cheaper than buying on the ship, plus they have their Sunday sales which I doubt a cruise ship could beat.

I prefer not to do any shopping on board. No art, no jewelry, no perfume, no cosmetics, no alcohol, no clothing, no photographs!!!

Clearly not the target demographic. But maybe if they changed the store/shopping mix they could change your evil(?) ways. :D Princess needs your disposable cash. :evilsmile:

I have never understood in over 35 cruises who buys very expensive jewelry, diamonds, and “original” art on a cruise ship but obviously they do. I assume it is very expensive to rent the space so the companies and Princess must be consistently making money on their wares. I noticed on the maiden voyage of

The Majestic last year this area of high end American name brand shops was considerably expanded for the Chinese market. Last year I read a thread in which a gentleman couldn’t wait for the cruise because of the Effy store and his desire to see if they had anything new. I too would like to see more local items that the ship is visiting (actually made in the countries) but who would make they money? Would it be significant? Probably not. A final thought I don’t know any man that buys $98 shirts at home......name brand of course unless they are on sale. The thing I do buy is destination T-shirts.....but strangely enough on ships that are primarily filled with US and other Western men who are at least (generally L) and unfortunately often enough like me XXL

Or even XXXL there are a superabundance of tiny S or M. I know these are what is left since few buy them but don’t the managers notice the imbalance?

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't see this need that people seem to have on ships to buy stuff that is available on land and/or is total junk. People seem to lose their total ability to think or act rationally the second they get on a ship. My ideal shops on ships would be no shops at all.

DON

I don't see this need that people seem to have on ships to buy stuff that is available on land and/or is total junk. People seem to lose their total ability to think or act rationally the second they get on a ship. My ideal shops on ships would be no shops at all.

DON

Ahhhhhh, yes....the good old days......

Effy jewelry is way overpriced. I was just passing by and decided to stop in when we were on the CB. I was deep into my vacation euphoria and thought “what the heck, I’m worth it and I’m on vacation!” So I sauntered into the Effy shop and looked at a ring that was apparently on clearance. About blew my hair back! I almost laughed and walked out but I did not want to offend the person showing it to me. I’ve learned that jewelry has far less value than it is ever sold for. It’s just rocks and metal nicely polished. Don’t get me wrong, I really love diamonds and gold, I just resist the urge to buy into the facade anymore.

I do like the idea of a general store with useful items and souvenirs. They would have to be affordable though.

I do plan on using some or all of my OBC to make a purchase for myself though. Hmmm...maybe a new coach purse [emoji162] or something like that. Do they have the designer stuff on the Grand?

I didn’t see Coach but I did see Brighton in our last Regal cruise!

For some reason some people seem horribly bored despite 15 things going on around them and they turn to shopping. I heard husband and wife on last cruise discussing why they spent $5,000 on a print they didn’t want or need and it turned out to be that free glass of champagne. This is response to previous post of why people seem to lose all sense. Mike

I agreed one Shop that covers princess souvenirs ( good quality ) things from the region that are sailing in.

Oh yes I agreed not just S & M sized t-shirts... Don't get me started on that.... 15 year old t-shirt size Medium is equal to an XXL size now.... from the same brand....

So they could turn the shop into bars and seating areas... which would get money in.. without all the stock.

Go cruising to be on the sea and to go different places... not to shop.

Cheers Don

I admit the cheap Destination T-shirts with me are an addiction but have never spent more than $20 in stores even on very long cruises and I actually wear them around the house or during yard work. Mike

That's exactly what I buy and wear them for.....not an "addiction" but I replace as necessary.. And I allow myself $20 a day for "stuff", If I don't spend the allocated for that day, it rolls over to the next, and usually I still have the majority of my money going home with me.

DON

The words "Duty Free" put people in a hypnotic trance that causes them to lose all sense of reason.

I ❤️ Princess logo merch, so I’d love more of that. Expanding their offerings of regular clothes would be nice, too, in case you want something new or luggage is lost.

I like Princess logo merchandise also.

Always get Hubby a Princess Polo shirt.

Always but a ship magnet.

Always buy my Chanel Perfume on the ship. With Elite discount Chanel is a lot cheaper on the ship than I can buy it at home.

It's really personal choice. If people want to shop that's their choice.

My cruise, My Holiday I'll spend money where I like.

That's my 2 cents worth. :cool: