Carnival Check-in at MIA?

DramaQueen22

Has anyone done their check-in in the airport instead of at POM? I am curious how this works, and if it's a decent option when flying in to MIA.

A few questions for those who have done it:

1. Where is the check-in counter located?

2. I already have my transportation from MIA to POM scheduled through Carnival. Do I check in at the same place?

3. If I check-in for my cruise at the airport, can I go right onto the ship at POM or will I still have to go through the line in the terminal (no FTTF for this cruise)

4. How long does the process take at the airport?

Any help is appreciated!

We really liked this option. We checked in about where we met for our transportation to port. We even received sign and sail card. Only line at the port was the security scan. Wish every airport did it like this!

I loved it and will use it again if I am on Carnival at MIA

Head towards ground transportation, you will run into it at the bottom of the stairs.

They take your picture and get you checked in, there was no one in line when I got there, I was done in 5 or 10 minutes. I also caught the ride to the ship there.

When you get to the ship you do get to go into the security lines verses the check in lines.

Check in the airport group goes on the ship after the special groups, VIP and FFTF, so you are in the first group after that.

Can't really add anything more other than to say it was the best check-in experience I had. Check-in at the counter, right onto the bus, through the security line, and onto the ship. The only reason I don't do it that way anymore is that I always fly in a day before and stay near the port.

We did this last time we sailed out if Miami, which was in 2014 and it was very easy. I notice most of your questions have been answered. Location of the Carnival check-in area was down near the baggage claim areas/ground transportation and according to Carnival's website (see attached), the check-in services are in Concourses D and H from 8AM - 2PM. We also had transportation through Carnival and there is a waiting area right at the check-in service for that. There were a few others that didn't pay for the transportation ahead of time and they were able to purchase at the counter when they checked in. We did have to wait for about 20 minutes/half hour for the next bus to arrive.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1367/~/check-in-service-at-miami-international-airport

Edited by pghsteelerfan

It's been many years since we've sailed on Carnival. We are experienced cruisers....just on different cruise lines.

We are taking the grandkids on their first cruise in April and will be flying into MIA from California the evening prior to our cruise and staying at Hilton near the airport.

I love the idea of Cruise Check-In at the airport!

Haven't thought about transportation yet. There will be a total of 4 adults and 2 children ages 7 and 8 yrs in our group.

If we take Uber/Lyft (about $37 for 6 of us) we would need to bring their car booster seats which could be a hassle.

Questions:

Is it possible to go back to the airport in the morning and check in for our cruise? (There is free shuttle from hotel to airport)

If we are able to go back to airport in morning to check in, do we have to use Carnival transfers?

Is the Carnival transfer @ $16.99 on a bus?

Does Carnival also offer transfer to MIA airport on debarkation morning?

Thanks so much!

You could use the airport check in even if you don't fly in "day Of"... Also, you're free to use whatever transportation you wish to get to the port afterwards.

It's been many years since we've sailed on Carnival. We are experienced cruisers....just on different cruise lines.

We are taking the grandkids on their first cruise in April and will be flying into MIA from California the evening prior to our cruise and staying at Hilton near the airport.

I love the idea of Cruise Check-In at the airport!

Haven't thought about transportation yet. There will be a total of 4 adults and 2 children ages 7 and 8 yrs in our group.

If we take Uber/Lyft (about $37 for 6 of us) we would need to bring their car booster seats which could be a hassle.

Questions:

Is it possible to go back to the airport in the morning and check in for our cruise? (There is free shuttle from hotel to airport)

If we are able to go back to airport in morning to check in, do we have to use Carnival transfers?

Is the Carnival transfer @ $16.99 on a bus?

Does Carnival also offer transfer to MIA airport on debarkation morning?

Thanks so much!

I don't know what the rates are these days, but the one time we took the CCL bus to the port, it was a 2 hour adventure - waiting for them to get enough people in line, waiting outside in the summer heat for the bus to actually get there, wait to load, sit & wait a little more to leave. From that point on, we have gotten a taxi & arrived at port in about 15 minutes. Seems the cost is about the same or very little difference.