What to do in Orlando after cruise?

avenger71

We don't fly out until 6:30 p.m. on the day of disembarkation. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what we can do that provides some kind of luggage storage as well until our flight out of Orlando Sanford airport? Thank you!

We don't fly out until 6:30 p.m. on the day of disembarkation. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what we can do that provides some kind of luggage storage as well until our flight out of Orlando Sanford airport? Thank you!

You could rent a day room at one of airport hotels and relax and swim before your flight..

There are no cruises that actually dock in Orlando (land locked). I assume you dock at Canaveral. Rent a car. Do the space center is one option. There is also a very nice little town, Winter Park, that is near Orlando and has a wonderful Louis Comfort Tiffany museum and nice restaurants. I have walked around Winter Park many a time. There are a bunch of interconnected lakes in Winter Park that has a nice tour by boat, at least the tour was there several years ago.

I WOULD NOT GO TO DISNEY OR ONE OF THE OTHER ATTRACTIONS. JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME UNLESS YOU POSTPONE YOUR FLIGHT A DAY.

ONE LAST THOUGHT. IF THE CRUISE LINE OFFERS A DAY OF DEPARTURE TOUR OF THE SPACE CENTER AND TAKES YOU TO THE AIRPORT AS PART OF THE EXCURSION THAT IS PROBABLY YOUR BEST BET FOR KILLING TIME AND DEALING WITH LUGGAGE EVEN IF THEY OVERCHARGE.

There is more than enough time to go to Disney Springs for several hours before heading to the airport. It's not the most convenient to the Sanford airport but for many people, visiting anything Disney is a special trip and worth the extra drive.

It's only an hour drive from the port to Disney and an hour drive from Disney to Sanford Airport. It's not that big of a deal. I wouldn't suggest trying to go to a park, however.

You could hang out in downtown Sanford, there are some cute shops and delicious restaurants. If you're into beer there's also a lot of good local breweries in the area.

I wouldn't go further south than downtown Orlando, just because you might run into traffic getting back to Sanford.

There are no cruises that actually dock in Orlando (land locked). I assume you dock at Canaveral. Rent a car. Do the space center is one option. There is also a very nice little town, Winter Park, that is near Orlando and has a wonderful Louis Comfort Tiffany museum and nice restaurants. I have walked around Winter Park many a time. There are a bunch of interconnected lakes in Winter Park that has a nice tour by boat, at least the tour was there several years ago.

The Morse Museum is the home of the largest collection of Tiffany glass, and the boat tour does still operate, and it is about $10 per person. There are many wonderful restaurants in Winter Park as well. It's closer to Sanford that Disney Springs is for sure. However, KSC is a great idea.

One thing I like to remind folks about going to KSC is: what time of the year are we talking?

Cuz a day at KSC is walking around outside and in FL right now that means HOT.

Dunno about you, but getting on a plane all hot and sweaty from a day walking around is probably as bad as getting on a plane full of sand and salt water having been to the beach!

There is more than enough time to go to Disney Springs for several hours before heading to the airport. It's not the most convenient to the Sanford airport but for many people, visiting anything Disney is a special trip and worth the extra drive.

It's only an hour drive from the port to Disney and an hour drive from Disney to Sanford Airport. It's not that big of a deal. I wouldn't suggest trying to go to a park, however.

There is free luggage storage near Disney Springs we have used called Orlando Baggage Storage

Also depends on day of week, if weekday, it could take hours to get from Disney Springs to Sanford airport. I-4 is a nightmare any day but worse weekdays

According to Google, if you leave by 2:30, then traffic should be a non-factor on a weekday. I would agree that I wouldn't go during rush hour, but their flight leaves during rush hour, they need to be at the airport well before then. The drive isn't bad at all during off hours.

It's also faster to take the GreeneWay, not I4.

You could also spend a few hours at the Brevard County Zoo. Easy to find right off 95, about 30-45 minutes from the port. Very nice small zoo, with a shopping/dining area close by for lunch or pre flight snack. As Sanford is on the east side of Orlando you’ll miss most of the traffic on I-4. BNBR is totally correct. The Greenway (Hwy 417) is best route from Disney Springs to Sanford, and I’d take it to Disney Springs from the east side of Orlando. A few miles further driving but I-4 is a mess now all the way across Orlando. You could also visit CityWalk at Universal, just have to pay for parking, but this requires travel on I-4 through downtown...yuck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums