Getting a Uber at Terminal 18. Harmony of the Seas

We had no problem whatsoever getting a Lyft (didn’t use Uber, but basically the same thing) from Port Everglades. We went to FLL airport, which was only a short ride, but no trouble getting a driver.

Why don‘t you just take a taxi? There are plenty waiting in front of the terminal and the price difference would be about 5 dollars max I believe....

Saab4444 is correct, there will be plenty of taxi's, it is just a matter of time, do you a taxi now or do your want to wait until ride shows up to save around $5.00.

Is it very hard to get a Uber at Terminal 18 Port Everglades? We want to take a Uber to Tri-Rail station then Tri-Rail to PBI or should we take Uber straight to BPI? Any thoughts would be great.:)

:)

Each time I cruise I grab a waiting taxi to the Tri Rail station on Griffin Road no matter which terminal I’m at. I’ve never had a problem. FYI if you ask the taxi driver to take U.S. 1 to Griffin Road it is cheaper and takes the same amount of time. Tri Rail runs About 10 minutes before the hour every hour and is about $5. A taxi all the way to PBI would be well over $50.

Tri. Rail has a shuttle bus from the West Palm Tri Rail station to PBI and it’s free. (I go to the last stop, Mangonia).

I’ll be getting off the Allure tomorrow and that’s how I’ll be heading home.

Each time I cruise I grab a waiting taxi to the Tri Rail station on Griffin Road no matter which terminal I’m at. I’ve never had a problem. FYI if you ask the taxi driver to take U.S. 1 to Griffin Road it is cheaper and takes the same amount of time. Tri Rail runs About 10 minutes before the hour every hour and is about $5. A taxi all the way to PBI would be well over $50.

Tri. Rail has a shuttle bus from the West Palm Tri Rail station to PBI and it’s free. (I go to the last stop, Mangonia).

I’ll be getting off the Allure tomorrow and that’s how I’ll be heading home.

More details please!!

Assuming there are "no problems" with debarkation and travel to the airport, what is your estimated schedule to PBI? In other words, what time will you leave the ship, what Tri Rail train time will you take, and what is your PBI departure time?

What is the earliest PBI departure time you would schedule based on the time leaving the ship (e.g. +4 hours)?

Does anyone have a black car or limo service they recommend? I’d like to make the trip special for my wife, and I’m afraid a taxi might be a letdown ... want to continue the “experience” if that makes any sense.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've used Towncar service from GO Airport (based at FLL) and Larry's Limos - we were happy with both. Holland limo is often suggested for FLL/PE area service. Have a great cruise! :cool:

More details please!!

Assuming there are "no problems" with debarkation and travel to the airport, what is your estimated schedule to PBI? In other words, what time will you leave the ship, what Tri Rail train time will you take, and what is your PBI departure time?

What is the earliest PBI departure time you would schedule based on the time leaving the ship (e.g. +4 hours)?

Tri-Rail info here: http://www.tri-rail.com

More details please!!

I do self disembark and get in line to get off the ship by 6:00 a.m. (I like catching the 8ish train north). It takes about 10 minutes to get to the station. (Sometimes I’ve timed it right and caught the 7ish train). It’s about an hour up to WPB station and I’ve observed the free hurtle seems to be there when the train arrives. Drive time to the WP airport is about 10minuyes on weekend traffic.

I live just north of WP so I don’t know time related things with airports.

The only drawback would be if there is an issue with TR . . . An accident, etc. in all the times I’ve used it that’s only happened to me once.