Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

Someone wanted to see the B side of the brunch menu, Greg :)

I’ll get that today. This is kind of embarrassing but I never knew it was double sided. I thought they had two different brunch menus...I guess based on which side of the menu was face up.

I am loving your live review. I'm sorry if I missed it but what kind of internet package do you have to be able to post like this?

Thank you and enjoy your last day!

I have premium. I’ve never had lower than premium so I can’t say if you can or can’t do the the same on value.

On premium. The two nights we were near key west I was able to stream video. Nassau night I was able to off and on stream the Saints radio broadcast.

I did have problems uploading photos. Nassau day. That’s why it took me so long to get caught up that day. It was taking 3-5 attempts to upload each photo. But I’ve seen worse. On freedom I went 3 days without being able to upload photos.

Weather isn’t looking too promising. Another thing...I’ve read complaints about the coffee bar lines. I’ve had it every day and no problems here. I would say the wait has been less than 5mins every day except for today. I’d say it was 5-10 today.

5949eb2e7f0631d0fc82c3437d829ca5.jpg

91e5a28004f6c4bf9243f5d4ae6bb79a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of annoyances this morning. I’m going down 7 floors so I hop in the elevator. A couple gets in to go down one floor. I heard the guy say “we’ve walked enough!” As they hopped in. It’s 9am, you probably haven’t walked anywhere today. For one floor take the stairs...gravity will do most of the work for you.

So then later I’m only going down two decks so I take the stairs. Here comes a couple walking up the stairs side by side. I’m sure that’s cute but I would like to be able to walk downstairs.

If nobody said anything about the double sided menu I probably would’ve thought...”I guess they only beak out the Huevos Rancheros menu when you go to Mexico”

😂😂😂

And this is your 8th cruise on carnival!

You poor thing. 😂😂😂

You can share finding out about the double sided menu for brunch on the 'what did you learn on your last Carnival cruise' post.

If nobody said anything about the double sided menu I probably would’ve thought...”I guess they only beak out the Huevos Rancheros menu when you go to Mexico”

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

A couple of annoyances this morning. I’m going down 7 floors so I hop in the elevator. A couple gets in to go down one floor. I heard the guy say “we’ve walked enough!” As they hopped in. It’s 9am, you probably haven’t walked anywhere today. For one floor take the stairs...gravity will do most of the work for you.

So then later I’m only going down two decks so I take the stairs. Here comes a couple walking up the stairs side by side. I’m sure that’s cute but I would like to be able to walk downstairs.

:')

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

And this is your 8th cruise on carnival!

You poor thing. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You can share finding out about the double sided menu for brunch on the 'what did you learn on your last Carnival cruise' post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Yeah 8th but in my partial defense...I didn’t always know about the sea day brunch...and I wasn’t always comfortable eating in the MDR. So let’s say four cruises.

Yeah 8th but in my partial defense...I didn’t always know about the sea day brunch...and I wasn’t always comfortable eating in the MDR. So let’s say four cruises.

That's fair and thanks for posting the full menu and the photos of your brunch. Good stuff! I think the filet is the best non-extra pay piece of beef on the ship and Carnival gets brunch right every time. I've been taking notes on your dinner menus for my upcoming Dream cruise. Different ports for me but the basic 7 day menus are the same, only the port of call items are different. Thanks again, Greg.

Let’s talk laundry. As I mentioned previously I don’t like going home with a suitcase full of dirty clothes. I’m also not interested in paying the $45 i think it would cost for three of those paper bags I think it would take to do what I’m doing. So I use the laundry room on the last sea day. I book lido deck and close to the laundry room so it’s easy to drop a load (of laundry) step out on deck and grab a drink, then go back and move it to the dryer in 30mins.

The problem is there are only two washers. Sometimes they don’t work. Sometimes there’s a line to use them. Sometimes people leave their clothes in them all day.

I thought..”This time....this time I’m going to outsmart every laundrydoer on this ship. I’m not waiting until the LAST sea day to do laundry like every one else...No...This time I’m going to do it on the NEXT to last sea day.”

So yesterday I pop in the laundry room only to find out I wasn’t the only one with this thought. Only one of the two machines was working and three people were waiting for the one that did work. They’re telling me to go to other decks. I’m like no. I part of the reason I book the room I do is so I don’t have to lug clothes all over the ship.

So today I pop in and both washers are in use but the lady tells me the one that was broke yesterday is almost done. Cool let me grab my stuff. It ends. Nobody is there to move their clothes. Drying is free here. I’ve been on ships where you have to pay. So I figure no harm in moving the guys clothes to the dryer and getting it started for him.

I get my load in. Get my detergent in. I bring my own because I’ve been burned by their machine before. Guess what? Machine won’t start. I call guest services and they send a guy down who is able to start it with his maintenance card. Free wash for me. 10 min wait on the guy. It seems like that card operated system is always having problems. They should just go back to quarters. No problem bringing a few bucks in quarters on each cruise than dealing with that card reader not working. Anyway. My clothes should be done now.

For anyone who hasn’t seen one of these. Apparently deck 8 (I think they said) has a ironing room just for people using ironing boards for formal night or whatever. I used the one in here. One person wait.

7344c215c337cfbcff98ad1e15ea1bc6.jpg

b02fd0a634a7c2a4a4236034381fad28.jpg

0be4d65b15273d7014f280d9bf8b5576.jpg

309d39f707a0a188dc564baee3e902e9.jpg

290f9326b5e841d78c77774e6cf7398f.jpg

fd2487f5e069a43c57029faa44c70e0c.jpg