Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

I really enjoyed sailing along on the Dream with you. We were just in NOLA in May for a week celebrating a friend's milestone birthday. We lucked out in that our room in the Wyndham faced the Mississippi River, so I was able to watch Dream sail in one morning and Triumph the next. I had to get up early to do that, but priorities. ;p We don't have any upcoming cruises booked so I don't have any questions, just wanted to let you know I enjoyed this from the beginning. Reading reviews is a great way to help with "cruise withdrawals", so thank you for taking time during your vacation to take us along.

Awesome!

If going solo, which dining time would you recommend if I don’t want to end up eating by myself?

Definitely assigned. Early seems to be most popular of the two. I’ve read horror stories about solos at YTD trying to sit with people and people saying “we don’t want him/her at our table.” There’s a thread on the solo board called “dining - the most difficult part of being a solo” or something like that you should probably check out. Some of my struggles are documented in it.

Great thread. I’m sailing on the Dream in 3 weeks and have enjoyed reading this.

What app are you using to track the ships?

Also, can you post he Alchamy menu again - or point me to the post?

Thanks for your great thread!

Jeff

CruiseMapper

2fcce19026e7ed9d211d192c5fd88728.jpg

344e6b281e0725a6c627d2aa16dcb201.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made it home!

Here’s the volume 2 preview:

Vista out of Galveston. No cheers the first day. I’ll be the guy walking around the ship sipping barefoot pink moscato from the bottle. No corkscrew required.

So another thing that went wrong tonight. A couple drinks ago my gift card ran out so the tax on these drinks started going to my credit card on file. I put that card on there 3 months ago at check-in. About a month ago that card was compromised and my CC company sent a new one. So I had to go get my new card and take it to guest services mid-drink.

Do they charge tax on drinks the whole trip with the cheers?

Made it home!

Here’s the volume 2 preview:

Vista out of Galveston. No cheers the first day. I’ll be the guy walking around the ship sipping barefoot pink moscato from the bottle. No corkscrew required.

This will be us in 6 weeks. No doubt. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hello Greg

First off, I thoroughly enjoyed your trip adventure, you take great pics. We were thinking of cruising out of New Orleans possibly January, 2019. Since this will be our first cruise, I had a few questions:

Would it be better to book online or through a TA?

Did you book your excursions online or through the cruise line?

Thanks in advance for answering. Glad you enjoyed yourself! Look forward to reading about your next adventures.

If you want an early debarkation number, don’t wait until the last hour to pick your number up. I got the last 21

41574716b292e00b0556b2148d2dd439.jpg

I know I should understand this.... So if I have 3 pieces of luggage do I get 3 tags? For some reason the way it is worded is confusing to me. LOL :o:o

I know I should understand this.... So if I have 3 pieces of luggage do I get 3 tags? For some reason the way it is worded is confusing to me. LOL :o:o

You only need 3 tags if you want all of your luggage to be together when you go to claim it!

Yes each piece needs the same tag and all luggage needs it’s own tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello Greg

First off, I thoroughly enjoyed your trip adventure, you take great pics. We were thinking of cruising out of New Orleans possibly January, 2019. Since this will be our first cruise, I had a few questions:

Thanks in advance for answering. Glad you enjoyed yourself! Look forward to reading about your next adventures.

I didn’t book any excursions. Everything I did was on my own. If a ticket was required, I bought it at the time of entry.

I book my own. You may want to talk to someone who has TA experience. I looked into them once. They couldn’t offer a lower price than carnival but they could give more OBC. At the time the best TA offer was a price $20 more than carnival with $45 more OBC...so I just booked on my own so I wouldn’t lose control of my booking over $25.

I always book carnival when I can get $50 obc. So either an obc sale or within 2 weeks of my cruise. Once they coincided and I was able to stack them and get $100 OBC. I had to call carnival to do that though.

Hello Greg

If you do go out of New Orleans, make sure you visit the New Orleans board. I’ll be there with others to help you out with whatever you need.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

I didn’t book any excursions. Everything I did was on my own. If a ticket was required, I bought it at the time of entry.

I book my own. You may want to talk to someone who has TA experience. I looked into them once. They couldn’t offer a lower price than carnival but they could give more OBC. At the time the best TA offer was a price $20 more than carnival with $45 more OBC...so I just booked on my own so I wouldn’t lose control of my booking over $25.

I always book carnival when I can get $50 obc. So either an obc sale or within 2 weeks of my cruise. Once they coincided and I was able to stack them and get $100 OBC. I had to call carnival to do that though.

Thanks for this information. I would visit this

Website and enjoy others tell their stories of their fun times and learn so much. I always wanted to go but was never able to until now. :):)