Yacht Club

hbe

We just cruised on MSC Seaside last week. We had cabin 18010 and loved it. We were only a few cabins away from the door to the hallway of the Yacht Club and could be in the restaurant in less than a minute or up the stairs to the lounge in 2 minutes. There was no noise that we noticed from being close to the door either.

Some people cautioned about choosing cabins on deck 18 since the YC pool is right above on deck 19. I am not a light sleeper so it did not bother me. I read other posts where people have said that the early morning activity at the pool (especially dragging chairs around) has woken them up too early. I only mention it so you are aware. It did not stop us from booking this cabin and did not bother us at all.

On a related note, I don't know if the butler and room attendant are assigned to the same cabins for each cruise so this may not matter. Our room attendant Rodelyn was excellent. Our cabin butler Harison (that's the way it was spelled on his card and his name tag -- though not the typical spelling) was just okay. However, we did not require much attention from Harison so it was not a huge deal for us. I'm not sure if Harison's contract is close to ending or at the beginning. Rodelyn had only been on the ship for ~1 month so she'll still be around. This is her first contract and she came to MSC from Regent. She is quite good at her job. If you get her as your room attendant, you should be very satisfied.

We just cruised on MSC Seaside last week. We had cabin 18010 and loved it. We were only a few cabins away from the door to the hallway of the Yacht Club and could be in the restaurant in less than a minute or up the stairs to the lounge in 2 minutes. There was no noise that we noticed from being close to the door either.

Some people cautioned about choosing cabins on deck 18 since the YC pool is right above on deck 19. I am not a light sleeper so it did not bother me. I read other posts where people have said that the early morning activity at the pool (especially dragging chairs around) has woken them up too early. I only mention it so you are aware. It did not stop us from booking this cabin and did not bother us at all.

On a related note, I don't know if the butler and room attendant are assigned to the same cabins for each cruise so this may not matter. Our room attendant Rodelyn was excellent. Our cabin butler Harison (that's the way it was spelled on his card and his name tag -- though not the typical spelling) was just okay. However, we did not require much attention from Harison so it was not a huge deal for us. I'm not sure if Harison's contract is close to ending or at the beginning. Rodelyn had only been on the ship for ~1 month so she'll still be around. This is her first contract and she came to MSC from Regent. She is quite good at her job. If you get her as your room attendant, you should be very satisfied.

Any comments on the room just in front of yours? Looks like you had a room for 5?

You mean 18008? We never met the people in that cabin, though we know it was occupied since we saw towels on the chairs on their balcony. We also never heard them.

Our cabin fit 5 and that cabin seemed like it would be the same. We had the main bed for 2, a sleep sofa and a bed that drops down from the ceiling. We only used the main bed since there were only 2 of us.

(I will digress here and mention that the bed was a disappointment for us. We constantly felt the divisor where the single beds were combined. Rodelyn and my husband tried each day to put towels and other padding over the middle to make it more comfortable, but we always felt the frame in the middle and could see the dip. Not great if two people want to sleep together in the middle of the bed. It was better by the third day but will be a consideration that offsets the many great reasons to cruise again with MSC. We don't think of it as a showstopper, but it is more than just a nuisance for us.)

They had the same room attendant as us (Rodelyn) and I would say that is definitely a good thing.

They are only one cabin further to use the glass door out to the YC corridor. They are one cabin closer to a "hidden" door that opens from the very front into the hallway just in front of the YC restaurant entrance. I'm calling that a hidden door because it is not glass (it has the same paneling as the corridor walls) and there is not a sign on it that says where it goes. At first, we were not sure that we should use it; we thought it might be an emergency exit. But we tried it one day and found that it is just another way to get to the restaurant quickly.

Hope this helps...

looking to book a yacht Club suite. I was wondering if there is any differences in the suites and do you have a favourite one. Thanks

Try and book deck 16 because there is noise from the YC pool area as they clean and move chairs in the early AM.

(I will digress here and mention that the bed was a disappointment for us. We constantly felt the divisor where the single beds were combined. Rodelyn and my husband tried each day to put towels and other padding over the middle to make it more comfortable, but we always felt the frame in the middle and could see the dip. Not great if two people want to sleep together in the middle of the bed. It was better by the third day but will be a consideration that offsets the many great reasons to cruise again with MSC. We don't think of it as a showstopper, but it is more than just a nuisance for us.)

My only 'complaint' :) as well. It is very much like staying at a European hotel (even 5 Star). Pushing the normally positioned twin beds together just does not make it as a queen or 'double' as MSC calls it. I even mentioned it jokingly to the Hotel Director Robert on the Seaside. I confess I have been spoiled by the king beds in Neptune Suites on HAL.

Dennis

The YC beds should just be 1 king bed. It’s a waste to put 2 twin beds in there. Make them all king sized beds just like the Haven on NCL.

We had a huge problem with the beds coming apart on our par cruise (regular balcony on NCL) and I hope we don’t have the same problem in the YC.

Same old, same old... make it like NCL, make it like Carnival, make it like RCL, make it for Americans !

Why can't people just accept things different in other cultures ? :mad:

There are reasons why people around the world do some things different than in America :)

You mean 18008? We never met the people in that cabin, though we know it was occupied since we saw towels on the chairs on their balcony. We also never heard them.

Our cabin fit 5 and that cabin seemed like it would be the same. We had the main bed for 2, a sleep sofa and a bed that drops down from the ceiling. We only used the main bed since there were only 2 of us.

They had the same room attendant as us (Rodelyn) and I would say that is definitely a good thing.

They are only one cabin further to use the glass door out to the YC corridor. They are one cabin closer to a "hidden" door that opens from the very front into the hallway just in front of the YC restaurant entrance. I'm calling that a hidden door because it is not glass (it has the same paneling as the corridor walls) and there is not a sign on it that says where it goes. At first, we were not sure that we should use it; we thought it might be an emergency exit. But we tried it one day and found that it is just another way to get to the restaurant quickly.

Hope this helps...

Yep, 18008. Thanks for all the info. Good to know about secret door as we were wondering about having to go aft to get out of corridor.

We had a Royal on Divinia and the beds were the same way - pushed together with a ridge basically if you go to close to the middle it kind of pushed you back to the side. Not the best sleeping we've had on a ship.

The benefits of the Yacht Club go well beyond just the suite, as I'm sure you're aware. Beds aside, I highly recommend the Yacht Club for the complete package. Access to the Top Sail Lounge almost makes it worth the price all by itself; and when you factor in everything else included in the price, it really can't be beat.

Yep, 18008. Thanks for all the info. Good to know about secret door as we were wondering about having to go aft to get out of corridor.

We had a Royal on Divinia and the beds were the same way - pushed together with a ridge basically if you go to close to the middle it kind of pushed you back to the side. Not the best sleeping we've had on a ship.

We were discouraged by the staff from using that door. It is not meant as access.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The benefits of the Yacht Club go well beyond just the suite, as I'm sure you're aware. Beds aside, I highly recommend the Yacht Club for the complete package. Access to the Top Sail Lounge almost makes it worth the price all by itself; and when you factor in everything else included in the price, it really can't be beat.

I do not mean to minimize all of the wonderful benefits of the YC -- we truly thought the service went well beyond NCL's Haven.

However, on a holiday the bed is -- frankly put -- used many times a day and I don't mean for sleeping. Navigating the dip in the middle over the frames or perching on one of the smaller-than-twin-sized edges made "non-sleeping" a challenge. Not sure about other people, but it was a BIG deal for us.

I do not mean to minimize all of the wonderful benefits of the YC -- we truly thought the service went well beyond NCL's Haven.

However, on a holiday the bed is -- frankly put -- used many times a day and I don't mean for sleeping. Navigating the dip in the middle over the frames or perching on one of the smaller-than-twin-sized edges made "non-sleeping" a challenge. Not sure about other people, but it was a BIG deal for us.

If you're having sex 10+ times a day, maybe you should bring some of your own bedding.

How useful is the YC to you anyway if most of your waking hours are spent in the cabin?

I think maybe you should look for cruises or resorts that are geared towards this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

That's a bit harsh. We're a healthy couple in our late 50s. I have a tough time believing that no one else would feel the same way.
I'm not trying to be harsh.

I think it's obvious that that's way more than most people of any age.

Just seems that if that's what takes up the majority of your day, then you would plan what kind of vacation you take accordingly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

These boards are awesome. We had our first MSC cruise last week and the boards were invaluable in helping us to choose our cruise and then prepare for it. We learned so much about what to expect during boarding, saw sample menus, gained an understanding about the ship in general, heard about excursions and even read a lot of opinions aabout tipping. I tried to search the boards instead of asking questions that might have already been answered. I never came across posts that mentioned the beds. I only brought it up now for the next person. Every little bit of info helps! :)