Suites

djg541

A general question,

Has anyone had experience reserving a Penthouse Suite ( not a Pinnacle Suite) on HAL? Particularly the Eurodam.

I know they're extremely pricey so wondering if those who booked them felt it worthwhile.

Thanks.

DJG541

We had them on the Zuiderdam and the Oosterdam - back when they were still called Penthouse Suites. As people have mentioned, they're now called Pinnacle Suites. (To go with Pinnacle Class ships, Pinnacle Grill, etc. to aid with confusion.)

They're very nice, particularly if you are traveling with a group. Ideally, the rest of your group should be in Neptune Suites to take full advantage of everything. Ours was, and it was great.

If money is no object, they're excellent suites. In terms of perks, you're getting pretty much what the Neptune Suites get. You can throw a very nice dinner party in the suite and you used to be able to order a bartender if you wanted to throw a party, (I'd need someone to confirm that as my info is a little old.)

We enjoyed the Pinnacle Suite on Rotterdam when we got a $750 PP upgrade from a Neptune.

Doubt we'd pay full price.

We never c ould figure out all the liight switches in Roterdam's PS. :)

I missed the dressing table with sink I always have in Neptune suite but the Rottrdam PS did not have table with sink.

Edited by sail7seas

We never c ould figure out all the liight switches in Roterdam's PS. :)

I missed the dressing table with sink I always have in Neptune suite but the Rottrdam PS did not have table with sink.

Agree...it took us an entire 10 day cruise to think we understood the switches! :D:p;p

Rotterdam was our first Penthouse Suite (now Pinnacle Suite) many, many years ago. And none of the switches were labeled. I would be hitting one switch and DH would be hitting a switch located in a different area and ended up turning off the lights I had just turned on.

Back to OP's question -- worth it -- absolutely for us. But only you can decide if it is worth it for you.

We have stayed in the Pinnacle Suites on quite a few different ships including the Eurodam. Love the extra bathroom and lots of room to move around in.

I liked having the full refrigerator in the pantry area. Of course, the extra room in the cabin was great, but the half bath in addition to the full bathroom was a big bonus....even for just the two of us.

Were any of the sodas included, or did you have to pay?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have booked our first Pinnacle Suite on the Eurodam this December. It wasn’t all that much more than the Neptune Suite we had originally booked. I caught a price drop at the right time so we went for it. We are a couple only and don’t care if it’s a waste for just us, [emoji16]. Looking forward to dining in the suite course by course ( they still do that, right?!) and sitting in the outdoor jacuzzi. We thought maybe we’d meet some folks and have a party but then we thought we may never leave the room. For us, it’s something we always wanted to try and consider it very worth it. OP, when is the cruise you are considering? I’d be happy to report back

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing included! Pay for anything taken out of the refrigerator. But it was nice not having to manage such a small refrigerator space in a regular suite when putting a leftover in for later consumption...

Were any of the sodas included, or did you have to pay?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have booked our first Pinnacle Suite on the Eurodam this December. It wasn’t all that much more than the Neptune Suite we had originally booked. I caught a price drop at the right time so we went for it. We are a couple only and don’t care if it’s a waste for just us, [emoji16]. Looking forward to dining in the suite course by course ( they still do that, right?!) and sitting in the outdoor jacuzzi. We thought maybe we’d meet some folks and have a party but then we thought we may never leave the room. For us, it’s something we always wanted to try and consider it very worth it. OP, when is the cruise you are considering? I’d be happy to report back

Yes, they still do the course by course dining in the PS. It's really nice whether you are a couple (or when we have done it) with friends.

I'm sure you will enjoy it. Have a great cruise :)

Our very first cruise was for our honeymoon in 2009 when the Eurodam was just a baby. I surprised my wife with a penthouse and it totally spoiled us! We’ve also had the pleasure of staying in one on the Westerdam and Zuiderdam on Alaskan itineraries which was awesome. Our favorite perks of the PS’s are of course the luxury of additional space (both indoor and outdoor), the course by course in suite dining service, the balcony tub, and the awesome off menu requests that have always been delivered upon. (We love the banana bread French toast that they no longer serve). Well worth the expense if the funds aren’t an issue. We settle for Neptune suites most of the time, but the PS’s are always calling my name!

Just got off the NA today. We stayed in PS 7036 and it was FABULOUS! We’ve done NCL Haven and Princess suites and can honestly say they do not compare to our PS experience. You are treated like royalty by all staff, got the behind the scenes tour, and had a wonderful cabin - great for entertaining! We’d do it again, especially if traveling with a group. 0fad7ea2d5d2eb8a5f5976212fe4520e.jpgd53c0e0b738a87f47eb4dd7c88ac1a61.jpg

Loved the hot tub. The cabin was great for glacier bay viewing. Hosted a lunch that day. 570581d2cfe2d1060f64549c01ca8f20.jpg66bede01e7379b02b2bf8a1e79b40997.jpg

Compared to suite prices on other lines TOTALLY worth it IMHO.