Just Back from Oasis, Sigh....

It think everyone is really getting hung up on the spend but that really wasn't my point. The point i was trying to convey is that my spend went up and i felt, personal opinion, that the level of service went down. And like i said in previous posts, i really didnt alter my spending from our last couple of cruises. Simple value for the dollar comparison. Again, we are still sailing RCCL in the future.

I am new to the RCL Board. This is a tough crowd. I would have thought you were spending their money instead of yours by all the critiques!:Dclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

We were on the same cruise! We had a wonderful time and thought the customer service was excellent. It was our first cruise! And you are right there were only brief moments when I felt like ship was moving! It was spectacular. I’m sorry that wasn’t your experience.

We just booked a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas for next spring. We have only been on one cruise and that was a Carnival cruise earlier this month. Our room steward was great and cleaned our room twice a day. He called us by name when he saw us and always asked about our day. We were very pleased.

What can you tell me about your experience with your room steward?

That said, If we were young like OP with two young kids I know my bill would be astronomical too and I would have a great time!

Why would your bill be "astronomical" if you had young kids?

We have brought our kids on many trips and have never had a large bill.

We were on 8/12/2018 cruise and just submitted our review, but would like to get others thoughts on that sailing if you were on it. We have cruised RCCL quite a bit and felt the level of service has gone down hill, especially in the MDR, but also the food quality and over all RCCL experience has declined. Dont get me wrong, we had a good time, but usually after a cruise, we are WOWed, this time it was just eh... I think the ship was too big for us, although our kids may disagree. We are a family of 4, 47, 46,15,12. It was also very odd not to feel the ship move most of the time. Even in pretty rough waters. I also though it was more expensive than usual. Our end of the cruise tab was about $2800 and we purchased the drink package and excursions prior to the cruise so it didnt even include that. When im fully recovered, ill take a closer look at that bill...

Overall, good time, not great.... Happy to answer any questions.

Thx

I was on your sailing and I thought the food was a bit lower quality than princess.

Oasis I thought, didn't have much of a cruise ship feel and felt more like a city that's on a boat that just moves a bit. I felt that there were not enough views of the ocean because I had a central park balcony. I also thought the lower deck areas other than the mdr should've had a view of the ocean. The ship didn't feel as big on the inside, only when I was walking to my cabin.

I'm sorry you felt that way about the food an service. I was on the August 5th sailing and couldn't disagree more. We were a party of twelve (12, 12, 14, 15, 17, 17, 39, 44, 63 & 63). Service in the main dining room was great and the food exceeded my expectations.

TWO sets of twins? I'm impressed!!

The new waiter never introduced himself and never said a word to us other than taking our order and asking if we wanted coffee.

That would be the perfect waiter for me. I loathe the chatty types. I'm there with my beloved. Not to speak to a waiter.

We just got off the Oasis this morning and our cruise was outstanding!!

This was the 7th time we have cruised on the Oasis and it is one of our favorite ships!!

The food in the MDR was good, but I am not a food critic so it was perfectly fine for me. Our dining room staff were wonderful and our room steward was one of the best we have had

Every crew member we encountered went out of their way to speak and be pleasant! Every night we would see the Captain himself on his nightly walk through the Promenade where he would stop and speak with cruisers and ask them about how their cruise was going.

We could not have asked for a better experience!!

We just got off the Oasis this morning and our cruise was outstanding!!

This was the 7th time we have cruised on the Oasis and it is one of our favorite ships!!

The food in the MDR was good, but I am not a food critic so it was perfectly fine for me. Our dining room staff were wonderful and our room steward was one of the best we have had

Every crew member we encountered went out of their way to speak and be pleasant! Every night we would see the Captain himself on his nightly walk through the Promenade where he would stop and speak with cruisers and ask them about how their cruise was going.

We could not have asked for a better experience!!

Thanks for sharing your experience.