Notes from Queen Victoria to the Mediterranean

Host Hattie

Some clarification on dress code from the Daily Programme

[ATTACH]427454[/ATTACH]

I can see your attachment, Host Hattie.

Thanks for that information about the dress code, especially the section about daytime wear. As you know there was concern expressed about the new online dress code simply stating "During the day, feel free to relax and dress as you please in all areas of the ship."

In the daily programmes I have from June on QM2, there was "Dress Requirements" wording similar to the above for the last voyage with the previous "Formal/Informal" terminology, but that wording was removed from the first two voyages when the "Gala Evening/Smart Attire" terminology was introduced. Good to see that wording has returned to the daily programmes (at least on QV) now that it's a few months on from the changeover date, even though that wording about daytime wear is still not to be found in the online dress code descriptions, either in the FAQ or the voyage personaliser.

Room service menu including items with a charge

[ATTACH]427460[/ATTACH][ATTACH]427461[/ATTACH]

Very interesting. That new room service menu looks to be substantially different from what is currently posted online in the UK FAQ (and which presumably was the previous room service menu).

What I am seeing for charged items on the new menu are "8 oz Prime USDA Grain Finished 28 Day Aged Angus Sirloin Steak" for $15.00, "Deluxe Seafood Platter for Two" for $20.00, and "Artisan Cheese Plate" for $10.00.

That compares to "Caviar" for $60.00, "Caviar with 1/2 bottle of Veuve Clicquot" for $100.00, "Cheese" for $15.00, "Gourmet Canapés" for $34.50, and "Deluxe Canapés" for $28.75 on the previous menu.

So, apparently no more caviar or canapés on the room service menu. Looks like lots of other changes to the rest of the menu as well.

Afraid i can’t see the pics either. I am especially interested in the room service menus as we are on for a long time next March/April and will not want to “go out” every single night.

Can you see Host Hattie's pictures of the Room Service menu when I refer to them this alternate way within this post?

attachment.php?attachmentid=427460&d=1535726268

attachment.php?attachmentid=427461&d=1535726340

I can see the photo's, in UK and on Windows 10. Having said we would not cruise again, we have succumbed and booked a shorty on QV in November. Although not on the website, we were offered a P2 guarantee at a discount to the listed price, so now an anxious wait for our cabin assignment, like our cruise in 2016!

I can see the photos when other people reply with the pic in their reply - weird.

Not keen on charged items - esp for my DH who is coeliac and the steak was a good option for him.

Love the brunch menu though!

Room service menu including items with a charge

[ATTACH]427460[/ATTACH][ATTACH]427461[/ATTACH]

Hattie,

Is this the regular room service menu, or for the Grills? It looks so good!! Is there any charge at all?

We were on the QV a few years ago; this looks better than I remember. I'm looking forward to it. We usually have breakfast in our cabin.

I can see the photo's, in UK and on Windows 10. Having said we would not cruise again, we have succumbed and booked a shorty on QV in November. Although not on the website, we were offered a P2 guarantee at a discount to the listed price, so now an anxious wait for our cabin assignment, like our cruise in 2016!

Adammara was your offer of a discount directly through Cunard or a travel agent?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Adammara was your offer of a discount directly through Cunard or a travel agent?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Though an excellent online TA, I met her at a cruise show in 2009 when she worked for Celebrity. I asked her to book a specific cabin, but Cunard offered a guarantee booking. A few days later we had an email from Cunard offering 5% off a series of cruises, including ours!