Talk to me about Celebrity's Best Price Guarantee

Red Hook Mom

I'm happy that you can fill out a request for a price drop and email it to them, yet suspicious. So have you done it? Was it successful? Any pointers?

My request is pretty straightforward, using pricing from Celebrity's own site and no changes to extras. Do they limit how many times you can make requests for small price drops? (I'd call for a large one.) And the form seems intended to be edited on your computer - I could put in my name and such (not my email, though) - but the "click here to edit" links didn't work. Printed, scanned and attached. (Perhaps I need a PDF editing program.) Just got an automated reply.

Thanks in advance for any info!

I'm happy that you can fill out a request for a price drop and email it to them, yet suspicious. So have you done it? Was it successful? Any pointers?

My request is pretty straightforward, using pricing from Celebrity's own site and no changes to extras. Do they limit how many times you can make requests for small price drops? (I'd call for a large one.) And the form seems intended to be edited on your computer - I could put in my name and such (not my email, though) - but the "click here to edit" links didn't work. Printed, scanned and attached. (Perhaps I need a PDF editing program.) Just got an automated reply.

As others have said, just give them a call (or your TA if you booked through one) and have your reservation repriced - no limit on the number of times. But remember to check whether or not the current included perks are less that when you initially booked; if so, then it may not be in your interest to take the reduced fare if you lose a perk.

By the way, you question has nothing to do with the title of your post. Celebrity's Best Price Guarantee is associated with your initial booking - if I remember correctly, you have up to 48 hours after making your initial booking to get a lower price if you find an official Celebrity advertisement with a lower price.

I think it’s just easier to call. I wouldn’t want to wait out the delay in an email. Price could very well go up before anyone responded. Phone call is instantaneous.

As others have said, just give them a call (or your TA if you booked through one) and have your reservation repriced - no limit on the number of times. But remember to check whether or not the current included perks are less that when you initially booked; if so, then it may not be in your interest to take the reduced fare if you lose a perk.

By the way, you question has nothing to do with the title of your post. Celebrity's Best Price Guarantee is associated with your initial booking - if I remember correctly, you have up to 48 hours after making your initial booking to get a lower price if you find an official Celebrity advertisement with a lower price.

Price drops are honored up until final payment.

Interestingly the Best Price Guarantee was a marketing term Celebrity coined when they took away a big perk to make it look like they were doing a good thing. Up until several years ago (at least for North American bookings) one could receive price drops AFTER final payment (in the form of OBC). When Celebrity took this away (and began only permitting PRE final payment price drops) they dubbed this cutback the Best Price Guarantee. Now after final payment one can upgrade, but can’t receieve money back or OBC for price drops - unless one books the cruise after final payment, that is where that 48 hour guarantee kicks in (you can cash in on post final payment price drops for 48 hours when booking after final payment).