Coffee card question

BlueLadyBlue

we will be sailing on the 10 day Royal Cruise NYC - Quebec City. I purchased two coffee “cards” as DH goes and fetches our morning coffee plus he enjoys a cappuccino after dinner. Question: we will need 20 morning coffees but he only has 15 on his “card”. Can he use my card to purchase our coffee? Believe me, nobody wants to see me getting coffee in the morning! LOL :D

we will be sailing on the 10 day Royal Cruise NYC - Quebec City. I purchased two coffee “cards” as DH goes and fetches our morning coffee plus he enjoys a cappuccino after dinner. Question: we will need 20 morning coffees but he only has 15 on his “card”. Can he use my card to purchase our coffee? Believe me, nobody wants to see me getting coffee in the morning! LOL :D

Easiest answer use your card for the cappuccino. He can use your card for espresso drinks, but requires his card for brewed coffee or specialty teas.

If you go the first morning, they might be inclined to deliver your drinks to your stateroom. ;p

That would save a lot of effort.

They may beg to have me stay in my cabin!

Thanks all, helpful as always.

Edited by BlueLadyBlue
spelling

I'm thinking that you must be getting specialty coffees. He can take both cards and get one on each...or get 2 on one card till they run out.

If you are talking about the regular brew (the "unlimited), no one questioned me using my daughter's card to get her drink.

Since there is no "card" anymore and the package is now on the cruise card, there are a couple of questions here:

a) Did you purchase the "cards" so that each one of you gets one or will both coffee "cards" end up on one of your cruise cards.

b) If you have one on each cruise card and want to purchase a coffee using each cruise card, then who ever gets the coffee must bring both cruise cards with him/her to get swiped. This leaves the other person without a cruise card (and the ability to leave the cabin and get back into it) until the one with the cards returns.

We each have a “card”. DH goes for our morning coffee. 10 X 2 = 20 morning coffees & only 15 on his card. I just wanted to make sure he would be able to use my card for some. We were on the Emerald to Alaska recently and their coffee in the buffet was, at best, terrible! I have read that the coffee on the Royal is actually good. Any truth to that? Thanks all.

We each have a “card”. DH goes for our morning coffee. 10 X 2 = 20 morning coffees & only 15 on his card. I just wanted to make sure he would be able to use my card for some. We were on the Emerald to Alaska recently and their coffee in the buffet was, at best, terrible! I have read that the coffee on the Royal is actually good. Any truth to that? Thanks all.

Remember that the 15 coffee limit is only for specialty coffee. Fresh-brewed coffee at IC isn't limited when you have a new coffee card.

Since there is no "card" anymore and the package is now on the cruise card, there are a couple of questions here:

a) Did you purchase the "cards" so that each one of you gets one or will both coffee "cards" end up on one of your cruise cards.

b) If you have one on each cruise card and want to purchase a coffee using each cruise card, then who ever gets the coffee must bring both cruise cards with him/her to get swiped. This leaves the other person without a cruise card (and the ability to leave the cabin and get back into it) until the one with the cards returns.

If you purchase a card, you can put it on any way you want. He wants one, she wants one...put a card on each account.

If you take both cards with you to the IC for specialty coffee, the other person is probably not going anywhere anyway...getting dressed, reading, showering???

But if you want 2 specialty coffees or 1 brewed & 1 specialty, you only need one card in your hand.

If you purchase a card, you can put it on any way you want. He wants one, she wants one...put a card on each account.

If you take both cards with you to the IC for specialty coffee, the other person is probably not going anywhere anyway...getting dressed, reading, showering???

But if you want 2 specialty coffees or 1 brewed & 1 specialty, you only need one card in your hand.

When I recently purchased a coffee package I had to put it in my name. It’s assigned to me. When I purchased the beverage package I had to put it in my name. It’s assigned to me. Why is it that everyone still thinks it’s ok to share the coffee package but not ok to share the beverage package ? Genuinely wondering....

Because that's what the terms and conditions that Princess has published states ?

What do you mean you "had" to put it in your name? - yes, if a single package is purchased, then it is assigned to one person - but you had the choice of who to assign it to, not Princess..

NO SHARING OF THE PBP - ALCOHOLIC OR NON

NO SHARING OF THE BREWED COFFEE WITH THE COFFEE PACKAGE

OK TO SHARE THE 15 SPECIALTY COFFEES

Any questions?

Edited by voljeep

When I recently purchased a coffee package I had to put it in my name. It’s assigned to me. When I purchased the beverage package I had to put it in my name. It’s assigned to me. Why is it that everyone still thinks it’s ok to share the coffee package but not ok to share the beverage package ? Genuinely wondering....

You can give punches away.

Once they are gone they are gone.

The fresh brewed portion is for the cardholder.

Firstly- no need to yell at me...

Secondly - again I ask... why is it interpreted OK to share the coffee but not the BP

It is ok to share the 15 "punches," but not the "unlimited" coffee or tea for two reasons. First, because Princess say it is. Secondly, because the purchaser is limited to 15 specialty drinks total during the duration of the voyage. It doesn't max out each day. It isn't like the PBP which reconstitutes itself each day and is clearly marketed as being for one person. The "unlimited" portion is not available for sharing per the wording on the Princess web site.

Firstly- no need to yell at me...

Secondly - again I ask... why is it interpreted OK to share the coffee but not the BP

From the fine print on the Princess web site

• "Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser."

From the fine print on the Princess web site

• "Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser."

It also used to say that unused coffee punches would be good forever on subsequent Princess cruises. :mad:

I guess we'll all have to pick & choose which rules we want to obey.

It also used to say that unused coffee punches would be good forever on subsequent Princess cruises. :mad:

I guess we'll all have to pick & choose which rules we want to obey.

'forever" yeah, right

and your position on "rules" excludes your opinion from any of these threads as discussed by rational posters..:evilsmile:

what's the matter, your rumrunner full ??:mad:

flame on

'forever" yeah, right

and your position on "rules" excludes your opinion from any of these threads as discussed by rational posters..:evilsmile:

what's the matter, your rumrunner full ??:mad:

flame on

I do hand pick my rules to follow and my RumRunners are ready to travel at a moments notice. :D

Personally, I consider myself assiduous in following Princess rules for our safety, less so when it's for their profit.

why don't you want Princess to make a profit???

seems really strange to me, being a business owner and all...:confused:

why don't you want Princess to make a profit???

seems really strange to me, being a business owner and all...:confused:

They make plenty of profit. They must be enjoying a windfall over the coffee cards and spacing out the Milestone Cruises won't hurt the bottom line either.

In that battle for the twenty dollar bill in my wallet, though, I intend to win.