Epic Haven?

Pebbs48

Are there any undesirable Haven cabins on the Epic? I’m quite happy with the mini-suite I booked but got the Let’s Upgrade You email. Trying to decide if it’s worth the extra $$$

I have only been in the Haven Spa Suite on the Epic (the smallest and usually "cheapest" of the Haven Suites), which is located next to the spa (so "outside" of the general Haven area). But was OK with that, paid for an upgrade because of the Haven access and not for the spa access. Epic is actually known for having the best Haven sun deck of all the NCL ships.

Are there any undesirable Haven cabins on the Epic? I’m quite happy with the mini-suite I booked but got the Let’s Upgrade You email. Trying to decide if it’s worth the extra $$$

Nope. Any Haven room is a good Haven room. The Haven on the Epic is the best in the fleet.

We sailed in a Haven 2 bedroom on Epic and highly recommend this area. We were pleasantly surprised that we were often the only family using the Haven sun deck. We would sit in the hot tub in the evening while our children swam in the pool and then we would all relax in the sauna. We would definitely book a Haven suite again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Epic haven area is indeed the largest in the fleet but it can still feel crowded if the sailing is full of kids etc. It is also a bit claustrophobic because there is no view 'out', only up. Definitely better than the stupidly crowded regular sun deck but the haven is very expensive for what you get.

I’m not sailing until November, so will report back. But from reports here the Haven is the largest with less suites sonoftrn people have found it quieter. Plus you have free access to Posh which is over 18yrs that has a bar and food from a menu.

All this for me, plus the other perks, Butler, priority embarking etc.

Could you explain why you feel the Epic Haven is the best in the fleet? Thanks![/quote

The complex is very large. Much larger than Jewel class ships, Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape. It has its own private gym and sauna plus Posh.

Thanks for the response! [emoji3]

Could you explain why you feel the Epic Haven is the best in the fleet? Thanks!

The lounge areas are double the size of other mega ships. The restaurant is much larger and there is a large partly enclosed outside area. No using the courtyard for overflow seating.

There is a steam room and sauna in the courtyard. There is a private gym overlooking the courtyard. There is a very large, multi-deck sun deck called the Posh Club with private bar (in addition to the bar in the lounge) with private elevators. This is called the “Vibe” on -away class ships.

I’m not sailing until November, so will report back. But from reports here the Haven is the largest with less suites sonoftrn people have found it quieter. Plus you have free access to Posh which is over 18yrs that has a bar and food from a menu.

All this for me, plus the other perks, Butler, priority embarking etc.

POSH does not have a food menu. This is available in the areas just off the Haven pool deck.

As to less suites that does not mean quitter as families tend to fill them in the summer months in Europe!

The reason it is regarded as the best is simply the openness and sides but yes you are enclosed in the pool area and there is the constant noise of from some kind of air stack but you get used to it.

Kids are a MAJOR issue in the summer months and if any one says not then after 6 years of cruising Haven in July and August in Europe I can tell you they are wrong. We had kids who travelled with us but they know how to behave but not so for others.

Further the EPIC POSH on one cruise tried to enforce the 18+ rule but there were so many 16-18 year olds they simply gave up despite security. The problem is if they have Haven access then they have POSH access and it is so difficult for two bar staff to know there ages

POSH does not have a food menu. This is available in the areas just off the Haven pool deck.

As to less suites that does not mean quitter as families tend to fill them in the summer months in Europe!

The reason it is regarded as the best is simply the openness and sides but yes you are enclosed in the pool area and there is the constant noise of from some kind of air stack but you get used to it.

Kids are a MAJOR issue in the summer months and if any one says not then after 6 years of cruising Haven in July and August in Europe I can tell you they are wrong. We had kids who travelled with us but they know how to behave but not so for others.

Further the EPIC POSH on one cruise tried to enforce the 18+ rule but there were so many 16-18 year olds they simply gave up despite security. The problem is if they have Haven access then they have POSH access and it is so difficult for two bar staff to know there ages

Apologies I thought I had read you could order food at Posh.

When I mentioned quieter with a larger haven and less suites compared to other ships others have felt it not as crowded. As there is more space to go around. Travelling anywhere in Jul/Aug in the northern hemisphere is going to be busy with kids. No cruise or landbased holiday can guarantee clientele types and kids (unless adults only places)

As mentioned I’ll do a report on the TA. I don’t expect many kids in the Haven but will have Posh to relax in.

The lounge areas are double the size of other mega ships. The restaurant is much larger and there is a large partly enclosed outside area. No using the courtyard for overflow seating.

There is a steam room and sauna in the courtyard. There is a private gym overlooking the courtyard. There is a very large, multi-deck sun deck called the Posh Club with private bar (in addition to the bar in the lounge) with private elevators. This is called the “Vibe” on -away class ships.

Thank you, BirdTravels. Very helpful in my decision of choosing between Getaway , Bliss or Epic for a Jan or Feb cruise.

Haven access does not mean they have POSH access if under age.

Apologies I thought I had read you could order food at Posh.

When I mentioned quieter with a larger haven and less suites compared to other ships others have felt it not as crowded. As there is more space to go around. Travelling anywhere in Jul/Aug in the northern hemisphere is going to be busy with kids. No cruise or landbased holiday can guarantee clientele types and kids (unless adults only places)

As mentioned I’ll do a report on the TA. I don’t expect many kids in the Haven but will have Posh to relax in.

Posh does have a food menu. (I know since I have eaten from it on two cruises)

There is a food menu with sandwiches and the like. Steps below is the grill restaurant where they prepare the food and other finger foods. We never had an issue getting food as the bartenders have a menu but after awhile you know what you want to eat. Don't forget you can always call your butler to bring you something if the bar food is not to your liking. The phone is by the door.

Lucky for us we never had the influx of teens in Posh, could have been the time of year too, we planned that right. ;)

I'm confused. I just read in the Norwegian Q & A section that Haven guests do not have free access to Posh. When i was in the Haven on the Epic several years ago we did. Can someone that has cruised in Epic Haven recently tell me for sure?

Thank you

I'm confused. I just read in the Norwegian Q & A section that Haven guests do not have free access to Posh. When i was in the Haven on the Epic several years ago we did. Can someone that has cruised in Epic Haven recently tell me for sure?

Thank you

Yes, you do have Posh access.

There is a food menu with sandwiches and the like. Steps below is the grill restaurant where they prepare the food and other finger foods. We never had an issue getting food as the bartenders have a menu but after awhile you know what you want to eat. Don't forget you can always call your butler to bring you something if the bar food is not to your liking. The phone is by the door.

Lucky for us we never had the influx of teens in Posh, could have been the time of year too, we planned that right. ;)

I will bow to your knowledge of course but this summer you could only drinks in POSH or ask the Butler but we just went downstairs to the Epic Club - all very civil.

Yes you go it right with the kids